Hello I'm new!

Hi all! I've never registered on a forum before but after trying unsuccessfully to lose lots of weight alone (i need motivation!) I thought I'd look for some help and advice online.

I'm 5'7, 25 year old female and currently weigh 95kg, I want to get down to about 70kg. It's going to be hard, which is why i'm registering in the hope that i can get advice and motivation from you lovely lot

xxx

Welcome!

Hiya... how are you doing?

Welcome to the land of advice and support. You have come to the right place and it will soon become a second home!

I too have the exact stats and goals like you so we have something in common! Have you decided how you will approach your journey, any particular health plan?(dont like word diet!)

Whichever method you choose, obviously make sure it is one you are comfortable with and you will sustain longer at it and seek an activity you enjoy. Dare to be adventurous and discover a new you!

The guys here are very welcoming and supportive and generally you will receive an answer to most things! You will make lots of friends in the same position as you who want to share their experiences, so dont be afraid to do the same, no matter how small it may seem. Someone may just be searching for the advice you give. Everyone can make an impact including you. ;)

Well I look forward to seein you around...stay strong and keep focused... all will be yours soon.

Peace x

Hi and welcome. Have you thought about how you are going to try and lose weight? We have many successful dieters using lots of different diets on here. Have a look at some of the success stories and sections before you choose.

Good luck
Irene xx

Thankyou both. There's so much good advice on here I'm going to have a good read through everything before I decide what's best.

I know my downfall is chocolate/sweets and I eat when I'm bored - When I was younger I was so athletic, used to run for miles, played every sport going - my dad got ill when I was 16 and passed away when I was 20 and thats when I started to comfort eat I guess and I just need to get myself motivated to get out more and do more exercise and find something else to do rather than reach for the biscuits and chocolate when I'm bored!

Are you thinking of a structured diet such as slimming world or weightwatchers. Either can be done alone, through the website or at a class. Or using a VLCD (very low calorie diet) such as Cambridge Diet, LighterLife or Lipotrim

Irene xx

Are you thinking of a structured diet such as slimming world or weightwatchers. Either can be done alone, through the website or at a class. Or using a VLCD (very low calorie diet) such as Cambridge Diet, LighterLife or Lipotrim

Irene xx

To be honest, I'm gearing more towards Cambridge/lighterlife to help shift the initial weight. I seem to be in a vicious circle at the moment where I follow a strict diet, exercise and lose weight, then slip up and go back to snacking loads and putting the weight back on. I like the idea of something like Cambridge/lighterlife because I like order and it seems more regimented (I can't thinkof a better word!) which appeals to me a lot more. I think once I start seeing good results quicker, it will motivate me to carry on if that makes any sense?

that def makes sence hun, i could do ww and that but im very impatient and with cd the results are fab! once you get into a routine and the first week over you it gets so easy :)

Yeah I'm so impatient its untrue! I know alot of my esteem issues etc come down to weight, i'm alot bigger than all my friends and i'm fed up of being the fat one! I think i'll probably go for CD purely because it's cheaper - I'm also going to make sure that as soon as I'm in from work i get changed and take the dog out for an hour - my problem is as soon as I sit down I can't be bothered to get back up again - yet at weekend i'll happily take him out for 5-8 mile walks! I definately am someone who needs a strict plan to follow with no 'cheats' etc

Back