Hello, may I join you? Just begun 1000cals.

Bess

Plod, plod, plod.....
I'm not sure that I really 'qualify' for maintenance yet? (I've 10lbs to go to goal) and have just begun 1000cals today, so suppose that I'm heading towards it. I've been reading posts on this thread for a while and been encouraged and inspired. Also good to catch up with the people who've disappeared from the 100% thread!
Any advice/encouragement will be much appreciated! :) I've had some real struggles along the way to get to here.

Welcome Bess, I hope you enjoy your time in the maintenance thread. A few people here are doing the 1000cal plan and will be able to give you advice if you need it :) Good luck with beginning the plan!

Hey Bess, welcome to the maintenance bit!! have commented on your other thread but will repeat, fantastic job on your losses!
we've all had our struggles too but we got here in the end and so have you
well done, hope you enjoy the 1000 plan it's fabulous!

x

xx

Hi Bess, if you are moving up the plans and are now on 1000 you deserve to be here.... lol Glad to see you have done really well, but now the challenging part begins, once you start introducing more food into the equation is when you start to falter slightly from the plan, at least this is what I find, so hope all the posts on maintenance will help you keep on the straight and narrow and will inspire you to reach goal... have a great day.

Any advice

Yep...just do it...(quote shamelessly stolen from Nike) :D

No diversions, no sight seeing, or interesting journeys. Enjoy :)

Welcome Bess... fab to see you here! Those 10lbs will soon go... the steps are brilliant!

xxx

Quick question?

Right, so must I follow the 1000cal plan exactly? :eek:
Can you see where this might be leading?
Kick up the b-m time?

Just wrote this on another 1000 thread but.....

You'll be fine :) My advice, if I may. Stick with the rules - they are there for a reason. You've got all the time in the world once you've finished CD to try different foods etc but really CD is a program that is designed the way it is for a reason. Obviously only speaking for myself here but I'm very good at bending rules and really lack discipline in terms of my food choices.

As I wrote in my other thread re Advice from a returner, you've learnt how to 'not eat', now is the time to learn how to eat. The hard part is really just beginning. All the best xx

Thank you Laura, I haven't been concentrating as I should on the diet. I've been working late and my family have been cooking for themselves and keep some supper for me. Not rubbishy food, good stuff - but not following the diet - and of course I come in, hungry and eat it. And I know I am not drinking enough - but can't because of all the loo stops when I am out.
I shall read the diet properly, shop accordingly and fill the fridge with what I should be having. Next week shouldn't be so hectic, I'll be at home more and can concentrate on it. I am cross with myself though.
I've read a lot of your posts and find them really helpful. Thanks very much.

I'm feeling a bit evangelistic at the moment because I don't want people to make the same mistake I did. Of course, I know if you were me, I'd still be ignoring me. LOL Seriously, sticking to the rules will help but thinking about it as something you 'should' do can build up resentment.

I don't feel resentful, just an idiot.
My fault entirely and just through not concentrating properly. I didn't follow the 1000 plan to the letter - had a day out with OH, lovely day, but a pub lunch and then been so busy all week with work that I haven't concentrated on eating what I should. I haven't been eating badly but not what I should have been.
So.....I am now going to write a list of what I shall eat each day, shop for it and stick to it.
I shall take notice of KD's advice - 'no diversions, just do it!'
Watch this space!! Next weigh in - Saturday 25th. I have a very patient CDC!

Hi Bess, how's your week been on the 1000 cals? Hope all is well!

Have a fab day and good luck for WI tomorrow

x

Hi Lelly, nice of you to drop by. I've started a diary on here - Bess's diary the last 12lbs - something like that. I hope it'll help to keep me focussed. I'm finding it hard really, it'd be so easy to keep on with SS+ and shed it, but of course I need to learn the steps and I think it may be slower than I would have liked. :(

How are you getting on hun? 1000 can be hard to stick to. It's weird we feel like we've loads of freedom because the diet opens up so much but we have to remember we dont; have as much freedom as we think. Can be hard to stick to at times. Hge difference to 810 xxx

Hey Bess.
Just wanted to wave hello......... from me who is also doing 1000 step too... hope your getting on ok........... I know what you mean about staying on ss or ss+ but you still lose on it hon...... so dont worry about it.. I still lost 2 1/2 pounds on first week of 1000..
We can do this together!!! I am enjoying having the fruit and museli..more than anything .....
Hope your ok
lol xx

How are you getting on hun? 1000 can be hard to stick to. It's weird we feel like we've loads of freedom because the diet opens up so much but we have to remember we dont; have as much freedom as we think. Can be hard to stick to at times. Hge difference to 810 xxx

Oh yeah, isn't it? Thank goodness I've got you all keeping me on track, thanks Marissa for your replies, nice to hear from you again. KD moved my dairy to this forum instead of the 100%, it makes more sense here I think. Struggling a bit today. :(

Back