Hello - New and looking for advice

Hi There,

I just started on the Lipotrim programme today. I mixed my first drink with a mixture of cold and hot water and it ended up being very lumpy. Any advice on how to avoid this happening again would be much appreciated.
Also, my first drink was vanilla, and I really didn't enjoy it. Maybe because it was lumpy, maybe because it was hot, or maybe because the flavour just doesn't appeal to me. When I registered with my pharmacist for the programme she advised me that other dieters had said that the chicken soup was particularly unpleasant and so she had none of it in stock. I'm not a big fan of chocolate drinks so I had seven each of the strawberry and the vanilla. My preference before talking to her would have been to go for the chicken soup. I just wondered if there was any widespread agreement on how good or bad the soup tastes?
Thanks,

HTBSJ

okay buy a shaker: try and get one with a ball or a grid on top. shown in the pics.
or use a hand blender.
the chicken soup tastes and smells like boiled socks.
the whole point of the tfr shakes is that they kidna dont taste good or bad kidna blaaa.
some people do use hot water im more of an ice gal myself.
so to make the shakes:
put powder into the shaker, pour water over it then i use a spoon or a knife to stir it a bit to get he stuck bits at the bottom, then add ice and the ball or grid and shake that bejesus out of it.
i like the vanilla and the chocolate but do all three during the day.
best of luck with it,
also it you really stuck make a batch of peppermint tea, let it go cold and add it tot he vanilla or chocolate for a kinda minty taste.
Hope this helps

Attachments

• grid.jpg
    grid.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 20
  • ball.jpg
    ball.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 22
Hi liveadream,

Many thanks for this. I've got a shaker with a grid now and it does make a big improvement. Since my first attempt at a hot drink I've stuck to cold and it has been much better.
I plan on trying your peppermint tea suggestion this weekend, as soon as I can get some of the tea.
I find your advice that the shakes aren't really good or bad to taste but "kinda blaa" (fantastic description) rather reassuring. I will also take your advice and avoid the chicken soup.
I really appreciate your advice and the fact that you've taken the time.

Kind regards,

HTBSJ

no worries, from my understanding their supposed to taste like that so you dont want to drink more.
Lipotrim works if you suffer though. PM me if you need anything else. im on it second time round lost over 4 stone the first time gain 7 pound over christmas with a knee injury so back on tfr to get under the 12 stone!

no worries, from my understanding their supposed to taste like that so you dont want to drink more.
Lipotrim works if you suffer though. PM me if you need anything else. im on it second time round lost over 4 stone the first time gain 7 pound over christmas with a knee injury so back on tfr to get under the 12 stone!
Thanks liveadream,
It helps to understand that others are "suffering through" it.
Just finished my firts week and duel for a weigh-in later this morning. Fingers crossed.

Hi guys hope u don't mind me popping in with my story.I'm currently at the end of week 2 tomorrow to be percise.
My starting weight was a whopping 13stone 8 and im now 12 stone 6 wow in 2 weeks I can't belive it but down side is now I've hit a rock and for the last couple of days I've lost nothing so getting a bit worried now can any one help feeling like it's a waste of time now Coz I do struggle I need food lol I also run 4 miles a day 4 times a week and whatever I do the scales arnt moving I'm stuck!! Disheartend!! Also can't drink strawberry or vanilla they are vile so I only have the chocolate as hot chocolate which is quite nice n fills me up although I don't feel hunger now at all I have ketosis Stix to check myself good idea if u cheat and u would like to check it hasn't thrown u out of ketosis. Great way around 5 pound for 50 stixs from your chemist:):):) anyone else out there with any story's similer...

Hi skinny24
I got weighed yesterday at end of week 1 and had lost 12 pounds. I suspect I actually had lost more as I was originally weighed on a Friday but didn't start the diet until the next Monday. Spent Friday night and the weekend absolutely pigging out and must have piled on a few pounds!
Your starting weight of 13 st 8 lb is just 1 pound above my target weight! I spoke to a woman yesterday who lost more than 5 stones on the diet over a year ago. She said that after about six weeks she forced herself to stop weighing herself daily and relied on the weekly weigh-in only. She explained the reason was that she would weigh herself four 4 days in a row and see no reduction, and that would cause her to lose heart. Then suddenly she would have lost 3 or 4 pounds overnight. She said that only being weighed once each week meant she got less worried about going days on end with no weight loss. She also said there was never a week when she didn't lose at least a couple of pounds. So maybe if you take her suggestion it might avoid you becoming too disheartened.
I had never heard of ketosis sticks until I read your post - I think I'll get some. However, I will try to avoid cheating. I think I'm a bit OCD - kind of an all or nothing guy, so I suspect that if I cheat I'll just blow things completely. Having said that, it is hard and the drinks are not at all appetising - although as liveadream explained, they aren't meant to taste great so that you aren't tempted to want another one.
Anyway, keep your chin up and good luck with it. We are all in this together.
HTBSJ

Well done slim Jim on your weight loss that's brill in a week .;)
I have cheated a few time diet coke and a Sunday dinner Sunday just gone I checked my ketosis next day and guess what was still bright purple on the Stix so I haven't threw myself out but this week ill take your advice no cheats and ill c what my weight is on Saturday coz I know cheating will be slowing me down so fingers crossed hopeing to be 12 on Saturday so we will see good look to all out there I wish I had found this earlier I have 2 half stone to go I'm 5.7 so anymore may be 2 much for my height also I'm not getting much support from pharmacy they don't seem to have a clue I know more about it through reading up :eek: they haven't even weighed me since my first week nor did they ask me how I'm getting on lol slim Jim keep up the good work we will get,there

Hi there Slim Jim - glad to hear you have your shaker now - I like to have a mini hand blender at home as it does help.

Flavour wise - so..... I do enjoy the chicken soup - not often, but around once a week I will have one - its not everyone's cup of team but it is ok for a change.
I dont mind the vanilla - but I also sometimes add a spoon of instant coffee to the vanilla which gives you a whole other flavour.
I also like the chocolate, cold or with hot water too as a hot chocolate - note that all shakes can be made with much less water and made into a fairly thick mousse which again is nice for a change to eat something with a spoon.

In week 2 you can have the flapjacks which I also like - would recommend trying everything once to see which you like.

Hi guys hope u don't mind me popping in with my story.I'm currently at the end of week 2 tomorrow to be percise.
My starting weight was a whopping 13stone 8 and im now 12 stone 6 wow in 2 weeks I can't belive it but down side is now I've hit a rock and for the last couple of days I've lost nothing so getting a bit worried now can any one help feeling like it's a waste of time now Coz I do struggle I need food lol I also run 4 miles a day 4 times a week and whatever I do the scales arnt moving I'm stuck!! Disheartend!! Also can't drink strawberry or vanilla they are vile so I only have the chocolate as hot chocolate which is quite nice n fills me up although I don't feel hunger now at all I have ketosis Stix to check myself good idea if u cheat and u would like to check it hasn't thrown u out of ketosis. Great way around 5 pound for 50 stixs from your chemist:):):) anyone else out there with any story's similer...

Hi Skinny just a heads up, one be careful of your language here when you say something like a whopping 13 stone 8 be mindful that some people using lipotrim might have 13 stone as their goal. I understand it is a heavy weight for you but jsut be mindful that some people here have lost 5-6- stone and are not at what you call a whopping weight, myself included.

id also recommend not talking about cheating, a lot of people struggle and at its height minimins was a refuge for people who were struggling to keep on track its great that you were able to and for it not to have an effect but again be mindful that talking about cheating might lead someone else to believe that they can too and be okay and its not the same for everyone,

other than that well done on the running, i dont think anything will keep weight off better than running.. best of luck!

Yes livedadream I understand what your saying.. point taken but as I wasnt a referring to anyone elses weight but my own for me to put 5 stone in one year due to illness going from 8 stone to 13.8 like I said is a huge amount of weight in 12 months so u can understand how I feel at this point in my life same with some one whos weight was 13 stone and put 5 stone on they would feel exactly like I am now no matter what weight we r I was just telling my story so I think that's a bit unfair to me I have read 100s of posts of people's experiences cheating,stopping starting etc just my own experience isn't what this is about here guys I feel as tho u have just singled me out because I simply don't weigh enuff and I'm sorry If I offended anyone... good luck to all

Hi guys,

Just want to remind you that everybody is welcome to MiniMins.

Members come from all walks of life and all have different circumstances and perceptions depending on those experiences.

Nobody should ever take offence to how somebody describes themselves. It's better to be honest about how you feel about your own body image.

I will also say that of course, because weight loss is a highly emotive subject, that when replying to people that it is important to consider the words you use.

But the most important thing to remember is that we are all here to lose weight or maintain, share our stories, support each other and give advice as best we can from our own experiences.

Pierce

Hi Skinny, I wasnt singling you out at all, like Pierce said i was just asking you to be mindful ovbiously its uncomfortable for you to have gained that weight, i was simply saying be mindful of the lauguage you use. i certainly didnt mean to offend of upset you. its certainly that you dont weigh enough being over weight by 5 pound sor 5 stone is hard. i was simply asking that using a phrase like whopping to describe yourself or anyone of 13 stone could be considered offensive, i am currently under that weight but there are a lot of people on here that are curretnly that weight or more who could be feeling good about themsevles and read you post of say jesus if 13 stone is whopping what must i be like, thats all, like i said i certainly didnt intend to hurt your feeling or say you do not weigh enough in that case i dont weigh enough to be on here.
everyone is here for a different reason, to get and be supportive, but weight loss and gain is a tough subject and one has to be very mindful of the language they use, ive been out running and called a whale at 13 stone, people sometimes dont think before they speak.

like i said im open to anyone PMing me at any time to get help if they feel they are going to cheat or just need support.

Back