Hello - newbie here with a question or two!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by minxie, 18 June 2009 Social URL.

1. minxie

minxie One day at a time!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.76%)
    Diet:
    Low carbs
    Hi I'm minxie and I'm on day 3 of ss - so far so good:). I have a couple of questions, sorry if they've been asked before.

I noticed that someone drinks an oxo cube - can I do this with a chicken stock cube or marmite (teaspoon in a mug of water) - I'm craving savoury and have not liked the soups.

How do I carry out a search?

I've been inspired by all the fab weightlosses you all have achieved - may I soon be one of them - 1st WI is on Tuesday.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. herewego

herewego Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,

You can buy some kind of boullion powder from your CDC that you can use to satisfy your savoury cravings. Apparently Marigold veg boullion is also OK to use and a lot cheaper.

I don't think chicken stock, OXO etc are allowed because of the salt content, but i'm not 100% sure.

You can search the forum by choosing the "search this forum" tab on the top right of the forum (just under the page numbers).

Hope this helps & Good Luck on your weight loss journey!

4. furrysmudge

furrysmudge Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Bouncing back to Slimming World
    Hi Minxie and welcome to the forums. I really wouldn't recommend drinking oxo cube drinks love as they are so very salty, I would think that it would stop you going into ketosis (anyone correct me if I'm wrong). You can get a savoury drink mix from your CDC, which is proper CD stuff so it has been tested that it is ok for you to take during the diet. good luck love, and well done for egtting this far! xx

5. minxie

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.76%)
    Diet:
    Low carbs
    Thanks to both of you - I hadn't realised CDC had savoury drink. I'll ask about it on Tuesday.

6. imagisal

imagisal Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Sole Source
    I have used the CD savory drink and liked it but at £6 a tub it is sooooo expensive .I now have a £1.70 jar of Marigold veg boullion which is ok for CD and very nice.

7. minxie

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.76%)
    Diet:
    Low carbs
    Thanks Imagisal, I'll buy some asap - can I ask how often do you have it? Has it affected ketosis or weightloss?

Thanks

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.