Hello - newbie here with a question or two!

minxie

One day at a time!
Hi I'm minxie and I'm on day 3 of ss - so far so good:). I have a couple of questions, sorry if they've been asked before.

I noticed that someone drinks an oxo cube - can I do this with a chicken stock cube or marmite (teaspoon in a mug of water) - I'm craving savoury and have not liked the soups.

How do I carry out a search?

I've been inspired by all the fab weightlosses you all have achieved - may I soon be one of them - 1st WI is on Tuesday.

Hi,

You can buy some kind of boullion powder from your CDC that you can use to satisfy your savoury cravings. Apparently Marigold veg boullion is also OK to use and a lot cheaper.

I don't think chicken stock, OXO etc are allowed because of the salt content, but i'm not 100% sure.

You can search the forum by choosing the "search this forum" tab on the top right of the forum (just under the page numbers).

Hope this helps & Good Luck on your weight loss journey!

Hi Minxie and welcome to the forums. I really wouldn't recommend drinking oxo cube drinks love as they are so very salty, I would think that it would stop you going into ketosis (anyone correct me if I'm wrong). You can get a savoury drink mix from your CDC, which is proper CD stuff so it has been tested that it is ok for you to take during the diet. good luck love, and well done for egtting this far! xx

Thanks to both of you - I hadn't realised CDC had savoury drink. I'll ask about it on Tuesday.

I have used the CD savory drink and liked it but at £6 a tub it is sooooo expensive .I now have a £1.70 jar of Marigold veg boullion which is ok for CD and very nice.

Thanks Imagisal, I'll buy some asap - can I ask how often do you have it? Has it affected ketosis or weightloss?

Thanks

Back