Hello, Newbie here!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dizzydawnie, 27 March 2011 Social URL.

1. dizzydawnie

dizzydawnie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weight Watchers
    Good Morning all

I'm entirely new to this Forum, and will be starting SW tomorrow - need to create a plan for the week today, and shop. But I have weighed in and I have 5 stones to lose to get to my personal target.

I've tried all kinds of diets before, and lost on them all. Atkins, WW and SW. I was always slim, size 10, until I was in my early 30s, and then weight started to creep on. I recently found an old SW membership card and I had written my weight as 10stone 4lbs, and next to it the comment "disgusted at self". My god, that is just 4lbs more than I want to get to now at target!! A failed marriage and the piles start to creep on, "comfort eating", and despite meeting and marrying a lovely guy in 2005, I was larger at that wedding, don't have a single photo of the event, and hated the way I looked. I am now 48

I have no children, but other than that the usual issues that hit us all during our life, had an early menopause 4 years ago. Have a dog who I walk every day, plus my job involves walking alot. I have a longstanding back injury so can't do alot of exercise because I pay for it not being able to move my back at all later, so tend to walk for exercise. I joined a gym to use the treadmill mainly but wasted a hell of a lot of money before I could cancel because I felt so self conscious when I went. I am only 5' 2.5" and therefore I look like a little barrel. I have a huge issue with self image. I also used the weights there to try to tone the upper body, but have had not one, but 2 frozen shoulders and am unable to get full range of movement in either shoulder.

It sounds like I am making excuses, I really am not. I found a pair of pink weights in the garage yesterday so I am going to clean those down and use them a couple of times a day, but not sure what to do with them!!

My biggest problem is willpower. I start over with "today will be the first day of the rest of my life" and by tea-time I have ruined it. I gave up smoking after 22 years simply by stubbing a cigarette out and never having another one, that was 9 years ago, so I know I can do it if I put my mind to it.

I want my health to improve, I have started to feel aches and pains where I shouldn't, get stiff on getting up, creaking knees!! I know that if I don't lose weight I am at risk of various diseases and I really want to have a long and healthy life. I looked at some of your before and after photo's last night when I found this site, and they have been truly inspirational.

Good luck to everybody, sorry for a long ramble (believe me I could have carried on :D ) and I hope to be true to myself with the support of the board and its users!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Good luck with SW

Irene xx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.