Hello, newbie here!

PurpleKatana

Hello, my name is Whitney and I'm new here. I've finally had it with myself and am taking the steps to get back in shape. I gained about 20-30 pounds in the last year and it NEEDS to come off! I've had a few life changes that led up to the weight gain. Firstly, I met my boyfriend and we live together. Typical "my man eats like a pig so I started to too" stuff there. I also left a job that was very unhealthy for me emotionally (but very good physically) and am now doing much less physical work during my day.

Anyway, I went and found a used elliptical trainer on the cheap so am starting an exercise routine. Once it gets warmer I will be adding in a lot of hiking and walking the dogs more often (its hard to go hiking when its only 20 degrees out!!). I am also going to start eating healthier and hopefully finding some recipes my boyfriend will agree to. He is a "meat and potatoes" type of guy and a typical meal is steak, stuffing, corn and potatoes. He does want to make a change though, I just have to find stuff he'll eat! He did comment to me the other day he liked the curry chicken I was eating so I think I'll get ingredients for that. He hates most asian food though (my typical diet food)which means I need to find new recipes lol.

Anyway, thats my story hope to find a lot of information and support along the way!
Thanks!
Whitney

hey whitney

i fell in to that too my fiance eats what he wants whilst staying the same weight but i just dont which is why i decided to follow the slimming world plan, my oh likes steak and everything and rarely eats without some sort of meat on his plate but on sw u can still have steaks and gammon, all things like that aslong as the fat is cut off and its grilled its classed as a free food.. i normally hve chips (sw style) mushrooms tomato and a big salad with my steak my plate is piled high sometimes even bigger than my oh.. i have lost 11lb (weigh day tomorrow this was how much i had lost by last friday) since the 3rd of january i have had bad weeks too when ive stayed the same weight but thats becuse i had been pigging out on chocolate oooops lol..

there are some fabulous recipes on here i hope u try some. i wish you the best of luck in ur weight loss

shaz..

Back