hello people =]

i thought i should introduce myself first , well my name is sam , im 15 almost 16 :D and need to lose some weight im 5,7 and 15 and a bit stone, so not too good i guess :cry:i saty in aberdeen scotland , bit cold but love it really :p emm i like motocross and building bikes best thing to do , im pretty active , just not as fit as id like to be , well hello people :wavey:

well im looking for one that will do a whole lot of good for me , i dont really know of any as im starting my diet today :) ive tryed before but this time im sticking to it

Lovely to meet you Sam :D

We have another few members who are around your age and I'm sure you'll bump into them soon.:)
Great interests you have there....building bikes and motocross;). My eldest Son (21) has built bikes for years so I am well used to having bits of bikes all around my house & garden:eek:..lol

Have you decided on a menu for tommorow then of what you intend to eat and will mum, dad or any family member support you with it do you reckon? The cooking bit anyway:D

Enjoy looking around the site and if you are unsure of anything then please just shout up and someone will be along as soon as poss to help you.

Lacey..x :)

Lovely to meet you Sam :D

We have another few members who are around your age and I'm sure you'll bump into them soon.:)
Great interests you have there....building bikes and motocross;). My eldest Son (21) has built bikes for years so I am well used to having bits of bikes all around my house & garden:eek:..lol

Have you decided on a menu for tommorow then of what you intend to eat and will mum, dad or any family member support you with it do you reckon? The cooking bit anyway:D

Enjoy looking around the site and if you are unsure of anything then please just shout up and someone will be along as soon as poss to help you.

Lacey..x :)

oh ok , i have lots of spare bits laying around too , mums not too keen on it though or my dad :p i built the bike you can kinda see in my sig lol and nope i havent decided yet , i dunno what i should well wghat im aloud to eat and what im not i have a good idea ive already been doing little bits like, no crips or sweets etc run more around school :rolleyes: as my friends run everywhere but im off now for exams :D
and my mum and dad will support me yea, whats a good diet and food plan ?

oh ok , i have lots of spare bits laying around too , mums not too keen on it though or my dad :p i built the bike you can kinda see in my sig lol and nope i havent decided yet , i dunno what i should well wghat im aloud to eat and what im not i have a good idea ive already been doing little bits like, no crips or sweets etc run more around school :rolleyes: as my friends run everywhere but im off now for exams :D
and my mum and dad will support me yea, whats a good diet and food plan ?

Hi Sam :)

I think you've already made a really sensible start by cutting out crisps/sweets or cutting them down at least and upping your exercise.

There's not actually anything that you're "not allowed to eat" but I know what you mean:D I think the minute that we tell ourselves we're not allowed to have something , then we just want it more! What do you think?

It's great that you have a supportive mum and dad and will definitely help you get to a weight that you feel more comfortable at.

Just a thought, but as you said you are starting tommorow, you could maybe do the first 2 weeks of just keeping the crisps/sweets/bread/cakes/full sugar fizzy pops to a minimum, so as little as possible.
Stay as active as you can, even though you are off school for exams now;), so maybe set yourself a mini goal of going for a 15-20 brisk walk each day? Drink water if you don't really already, but not huge amounts and weigh yourself once a week.

These are just ideas Sam as I'm not a dietician or anything but I would guess that by cutting down on some of the extra treats stuff and upping your exercise, you would see a healthy loss of between 1-2lb per week?

I'm sure you will get more ideas from other members tonight and over the weekend but if it was me I would definitely have some sort of rough little plan written down to follow before I started tommorow. Then you have something to look at and help keep you on track. What do you reckon?

Lacey..xx:)

emm i reackon thats thats a plan ;) ill write it down now, im not gonna eat junk or bad food , hmm ill eat what i normally do , but smaller amounts and no inbetween snack ie crisps or biscuits , it will be hard but i have to do it.

what im gonna do tonite is go for a walk around the park behind my house, i think ill do it everynight maybe twice round it and it will be perfecto for a little exercise, also i have emm this thing in my loft , instant abs or something, ill go on that for 30 minutes a day for say the first 2 weeks and then an hour each day after that , cause i dont like my body too much lol

im gonna wisen up before its to late, and how much pounds is there in a stone ?

emm i reackon thats thats a plan ;) ill write it down now, im not gonna eat junk or bad food , hmm ill eat what i normally do , but smaller amounts and no inbetween snack ie crisps or biscuits , it will be hard but i have to do it.

what im gonna do tonite is go for a walk around the park behind my house, i think ill do it everynight maybe twice round it and it will be perfecto for a little exercise, also i have emm this thing in my loft , instant abs or something, ill go on that for 30 minutes a day for say the first 2 weeks and then an hour each day after that , cause i dont like my body too much lol

im gonna wisen up before its to late, and how much pounds is there in a stone ?

There's 14 pounds in a stone hun :)

Can you let me off if I put my "mothering" head on here a minute:rolleyes: and say take care if you're off walking around the park now at this time? It's a bit late Sam but obviously you know whether it's a pretty safe area or not :)

I think it's great that you feel a written down mini plan will help before you start and if you're going to use your instant abs, I would do it in short sessions at first and def follow the guidelines that come with it. You don't want to overdo it at first and risk hurting yourself or aching like made eh?:eek:

See what you can lose in a safe, sensible way for the next couple of weeks and I bet you will be happy with the results Sam. Your body is still developing but I know you know that already..lol. Ok, i'll stop now with the mothering thing :D:D:D

You could always start your own diary on here as well as lots of people use it to put down their feelings and what weightloss plans they are following. It's a good way to ask questions and get lots of support. Have a think about it.:)

will do cheers, and im gonna leave the walk for the mornin , its a ok area i guess but cant be to sure lol

i think ill do a diary too , and do you know why it wont let me view peoples profiles??
cheeeeez.x

will do cheers, and im gonna leave the walk for the mornin , its a ok area i guess but cant be to sure lol

i think ill do a diary too , and do you know why it wont let me view peoples profiles??
cheeeeez.x

Good idea about walking in the morning Sam I reckon!:) A diary will help as well I'm sure.

Until you reach at least 20 posts you only have certain facilities available to you as a new member and then more once you reach 50 posts. Have a look at this and if you're still unsure after, just ask ok?

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-minis-guided-tour-minimins.html

Lacey..:)

Hi and welcome. You have had great advice so far. Totally agree on changing what you eat, dump the junk food, up the fruit and veg and drink water for starters

Good luck
Irene xx

will do , lol there was a freddo choclate sweet in my car , and my dad went to shop i waited in the car i was well tempted to munch it good, but i didnt :D

How are you doing Sam? :)

Well done on resisting that Freddo bar! I think I would have struggled to resist it as well, like Irene said:eek:

Lacey..:)

Last edited:
im doing goos thanks , emm went for a walk yestardy morning and this morning drinking water more than coke or inr bru etc but when i go to the shops wityh my friends i buy oasis better than fizzy i guessed , but even over theses 2-3 days i feel better for myself , not so tired etc , im sticking to it , :D
and the freddo bar was tempting but i passed that , ill keep on passing em

Back