1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Hello recommendations needed

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by eml2512, 27 December 2013 Social URL.

1. eml2512

eml2512 New Member

Hello there

I'm new to this forum, and like most people on here - I'm guessing, I'm planning on slimming come new year.

I'm 36 and weigh 10st 12lb at my last check - though I could have hit the 11st barrier already! I've never been a fat person, but gained more than I was happy with when I fell in love (all together now ahh!) I got down to 9st 4lb on my wedding day 5.5 years ago and then had my first child just over 4 years ago and almost immediately had child #2. So I have been struggling on and off with my weight since he was born in March 2011.

I know I don't have a lot to lose, but would be really happy to drop a dress size. Currently at top end of 12, bordering 14 and would like to be at the low end of 12. If I got back to the size 10 I wore pre-kids I would be very happy! So, my current goal weight is 10st.

My question is what the best plan to follow is. I work 5 days a week, where I drive to work and park in a car park (out of town). The office has a canteen which works out cheaper to eat there than to buy at a supermarket. They do have a salad bar, so it's possible to get fresh food, but the salad often has sauce on it, so its difficult to tell what the calories / points value would be of such foods. I'm also vegetarian (but eat dairy) so that limits my options too.

DH is at home and makes a family dinner for all 4 of us, he would be willing to accommodate me.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a slimming plan that would work under my circumstances?

Thanks in advance - and lovely to meet everyone!