Hello, started Slimming World online today - still trying to work it all out!

petlamb21

Hi, I've struggled to lose weight since my third child was born (5 years ago :eek: ). I'd like to lose two stone initially and to lead a more healthy lifestyle. I have a tendency to binge on rubbish in the evenings when the children are in bed so that'll probably be my biggest challenge. I've started Slimming World today and I'm following the Extra Easy plan. I've printed off a few days' worth of meal planners to help me along. The whole Healthy Extras/Syns thing is confusing me a bit but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon.. hopefully! :)

Anyone else starting today or quite recently?

Hi I've just started on SW again, having done quite well on it in the past.

It is a lot to get your head around to start with but if you read your books and keep referring to them for the first little while it will become second nature!

Any questions meantime though just ask!

Thankyou! I'm just about to go through it all again and to complete my food diary... mainly because I'm starving!! This time of night is always a problem for me. Thanks again, I'm sure I'll be back with plenty of questions :)

Hi, you sound like me. I used to put the kids to bed and then raid the cupboards and fridge for anything edible. I was so tired, but wanted some me time, so would sit watching tv and eating. I started the Harcombe diet just over 3 weeks ago and it's going really well, I have more energy than I have had in years and don't feel the need to constantly eat. Good luck with Slimming World (I used make sugar free jelly for the evenings).

Hi, yep, i'm exactly the same. It's definitely a 'me time' treat as soon as they're in bed. I also eat when i get tired in the evenings to wake myself up a bit so that i can enjoy more me time (instead of going to bed at a sensible time, which is what I should do!). My third day now on Slimming World and I've managed to be good so far so here's hoping I can keep it up :) . I've not heard of your diet before, i'll look it up. Ps.. Suede as in the band?

I came across the diet by accident, downloaded the book and ready about Phase 1 so I could start the next day. It's basically about 3 conditions that could be stopping your body loosing weight. It gets really interesting when talking about what your body does with protein and carbs and how mixing them is not a good thing. A little like the very old SW diet where you had red or green days. I get to eat real butter and the tasty rind from pork and unlike the old SW diet it is not encouraging me to over eat or snack. I usually stick to 3 meals a day, don't feel hungry in between and have more energy than I've had in years.

Yes - Suede as in the group, I was lucky enough to get tickets for the Teenage Cancer Trust gig at the Royal Albert Hall in March, they were amazing (so where The Cure the night before).

Hi, I've struggled to lose weight since my third child was born (5 years ago :eek: ). I'd like to lose two stone initially and to lead a more healthy lifestyle. I have a tendency to binge on rubbish in the evenings when the children are in bed so that'll probably be my biggest challenge. I've started Slimming World today and I'm following the Extra Easy plan. I've printed off a few days' worth of meal planners to help me along. The whole Healthy Extras/Syns thing is confusing me a bit but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon.. hopefully! :)

Anyone else starting today or quite recently?

Hi, I started a week ago so I'm still new :) welcome, I've found the forum great since I've joined for support and general SW questions. The healthy extras are still confusing me a bit, it's getting used to it and having to syn food if it's from the same healthy extra category. Best of luck for your first weigh in next week :)

I am on week 2 of SW but I have done it before and lost 3 stone!! but I put it all back on again (as you do!!)

if you need any help, give me a shout or inbox me!!!

luv
sam
x

Thanks Beckieee and Mcbreadle :) . Good to know I can come here for advice. I think I get the syns/healthy extras thing now but it does feel weird having to put bran flakes down as a syn when I've already had a piece of wholemeal toast or vice versa. I guess that's how it works! I've discovered toffee Muller Light yogs so they're a big help when I'm struggling and in danger of snacking.

Suedefan/Annie, really good that you're managing not to be hungry between meals on that diet. I'll definitely look it up at some point once I've got my head around sw a bit more. I loved Suede :) . I wanted to get tickets for the Teenage Cancer Trust gig but I was too slow. Story of my life these days, too much other stuff going on!

Petlamb21 - I was so amazingly lucky. My husband has been living and working in the UK for over a year, leaving me here with 3 children. He managed to get me a ticket for Suede, sitting in the Gods somewhere with a restricted view, but not a ticket for the Cure. He did offer to pay for an expensive ticket nearer the time, but I refused - the money was supposed to be for Teenage Cancer Trust and not ticket touts.

I dropped my children off at nursery and school and drove to Tallinn to meet him at the airport. He handed over the Suede ticket and his oyster card and I gave him the door keys and car keys, and sent him on his way to pick up our oldest from school. I had to wait several hours for my flight, and while sat around in the airport I checked Facebook. A friend was complaining about the ticket touts buying up the Kate bush tickets and I joined in with the conversation, explaining why I didn't have tickets for The Cure and refusing to pay extra. A friend of his, then offered me a ticket at cost price - I couldn't believe it and when we started private messaging each other, it turned out we went to the same school and i knew his sister.

I met him outside Kings Cross the next day and got the ticket. I had an amazing night (play list of around 30 songs). The next night (Suede concert), I arrived early at the Royal Albert Hall as I had all my luggage with me, hand luggage only, but bulky (I had to get a coach to Stanstead that evening). I was one of the first to be seat and had difficulty getting my bag under my seat and a nice side view of half the stage and a metal barrier. An attendant then came up and offered me anther ticket for a seat in the stalls, opposite the stage (some free re-sale ticket). More, seat room, with swivel seats (so you can swing your legs round if someone wants to get past), Not that I needed a seat, spent mots of the night dancing :)

Wow, how lucky were you?! I think i could do with some of your luck ;) . I not only missed the gig but one of my old gig going friends tagged me in a close up photo of Brett Anderson singing at it on Facebook, probably thinking that i was there somewhere too.. just to rub salt into the wound! I also loved The Cure many moons ago :) . It's funny, our neighbours had a get together at the weekend. They were playing old songs - mostly rubbish - when suddenly 'Crash' by The Primitives came on and me and one other neighbour started dancing about like crazy while everyone else looked at us as if we were mad. :p And back to dieting... :) I appear to have put the 4lbs i lost over the days last week on again :( . Tomorrow is my official weigh in date and i've followed sw to the letter today so fingers crossed!

Petlamb21, hope you did ok on your weigh in. So sad you missed the concert, I would have joined you dancing to The Primatives :)

Back