Hello, the 1st day of my new body starts today

bobbielaura

Hello Everyone!

Ok where to begin ! Im Laura and I am new to CD, first day today. I weighed before Xmas 20 stone and lost nearly 3 stone through healthy living, however its tough as you all know and weigh the hevier side of 17 stone , so I have decided to loose more (hopefully) with CD. I personally am miserable with how I look having been slimmer in my 20s (im in my early 30s now). I have the will power (i think!) and would love to one day be able to walk down the road head held high feeling beautiful.

Having read this forum your storys and photos have really inspired me and a massive well done to you all , having seen your photos and storys makes me believe that I too can do this.

I hope to make new friends on here and support every one all the way on their journey

Laura xx

Hi there bobbielaura, how you findind day 1? I'm on day 5 so far, not finding it too bad at moment but really don't think I'm drinking as much water as I need to. I'm looking to lose 4 stone to get me to a healthy bmi
Jen x

Hi Jen, Not too bad, I am drinking tonnes of water and also some green tea for a change! however I really fancy a cup of tea with milk !! but can not have any :-( I would like to get to 13 st so am looking at a 4 1/2 stone to loose ! what are you having shakes only ? I am on the porridge, shakes and soups, do you like them ?

Hi and good luck hun. Congrats on your losses so far!

I'm doing SS+ so can have a daily allowance of milk, no way I could go without my cups of tea. I have a shake for breakfast (vanilla or strawberry both quite nice) then alternate between porridge and soup for lunch and dinner. I've tried apple and cinnamon and maple and pecan porridge I like both and the soup I've had leek and potato, spicy tom and chicken and mushroom. I find I'm hungrier towards the evening so have my porridge at tea time as I find it's a bit more substantial. How are you finding the packets and what have you tried so far? X

I have picked mainly shakes, mainly vanillla flavour which i quite enjoy, I have a choice of the Apple & Cinnamon porridge or Lactose free mushroom soup for tea tonight. Its going to be tough when I am back at work on monday when I smell people having hot dinners and my usual tea break with a biccie !:eek: How do you cope ?

Thanks Ellen, reading your targets , you have done remarkable :)

Thanks hun, nearly 1/3 of the way to target lol.For me the key is to think of it as a lifestyle change. I'm not super strict atm and am lucky that slimming world seems to suit me...atm at least lol, make sure you set yourself lots of smaller targets, like for me its 1.5lbs to get to the next 1/2 stone and then by the end of April I'd like my 3st off! Which will also make me 16 something and very happy!

Have you got any targets in mind?

Thanks hun, nearly 1/3 of the way to target lol.For me the key is to think of it as a lifestyle change. I'm not super strict atm and am lucky that slimming world seems to suit me...atm at least lol, make sure you set yourself lots of smaller targets, like for me its 1.5lbs to get to the next 1/2 stone and then by the end of April I'd like my 3st off! Which will also make me 16 something and very happy!

Have you got any targets in mind?
Id like to loose 8 stone in total, so thats a 4/5 stone to go !! I joined swimming and go most nights after work but am shattered and find it a chore normally after work ! Every one says find an excerise you enjoy and I have tried most and personally hate them all LOL :)

Hi and welcome. I've not been on here long but seem to spend all my time on here now. It's great for picking up tips and keeping you motivated. Good luck with your weight losses
Michelle x

Id like to loose 8 stone in total, so thats a 4/5 stone to go !! I joined swimming and go most nights after work but am shattered and find it a chore normally after work ! Every one says find an excerise you enjoy and I have tried most and personally hate them all LOL :)

I'm looking at around 9st in total but could be less as I' m going to see how by body feels, 9st would take me to the top end of bmi for a larger frame so keeping that in mind but will look more at an ideal target as I get nearer. Well done for going swimming, it will help. You will probably find you will enjoy exercise more as the weight comes off. Most of my exercise at the moment is walking, on top of every day chasing the kids I'm also training to do a 13 mile midnight walk in July, we do about 6 miles and as I live in Plymouth, there are a LOT of hills! Really enjoy it, but that might be cos it's a couple of child free time lol.

Hi girls, I'm new here too and not even sure I'm posting in the right place but I'll give it a go. My names Jayla I'm 21, I was slim for the majority of my life although I've always seen myself as "fat" it's only now that I'm bigger do I realise how much of a "normal" healthy weight and size I used to be. The last time I was weighed before last week was when I was six months pregnant & then I weighed in at 8st 3lbs, as crazy as it sounds even then I thought I was massive for my 5ft2 frame so I did a lot of hiding away, staying at home, not going out & my lifestyle totally changed. I became a lot less active (would even get a cab to the midwifes because I was so ashamed of my changing "fat" shape). Although I eventually came out of "hiding" & went back to work so increased a little bit of activity in my life, I have still steadily put on weight since - which is not helped by my bad eating habits. I decided last week enough was enough because I am just so uncomfortable and insecure about my body. I went to the weigh in thinking that maybe at most I might be about 11 stone after all I'm still in a size 14 so I'm "not that big" as everyone tells me. Shock horror I actually weigh 14st. (I feel like crying just writing this :cry:) Now I realise just how little I must have been back then and I cannot wait to be back there again, but for me this is a lot more than just losing weight, I need to learn how to love myself and my body.. I'm sorry I have just gone on & on however would really love to find someone to support me on this journey as I'm pretty much on my own. I have been on the CB for a week now and I don't feel that I've lost any weight, but it's my first weigh in tomorrow so I'm hoping for the best... Wish everyone else the best of luck too xxx

Last edited:
bobbielaura said:
Thanks Michelle, are on any perticular diet ?

Hi
Yes I'm on slimming world. I've been at target 3 times before but when I get there I stupidly stop going to group and the weight starts to creep back on. I usually go back once I'm half a stone heavier but this time it was over a stone. Still I find it easy to get back on plan and the weight always (so far) comes back off
Michelle

Jayla said:
Hi girls, I'm new here too and not even sure I'm posting in the right place but I'll give it a go. My names Jayla I'm 21, I was slim for the majority of my life although I've always seen myself as "fat" it's only now that I'm bigger do I realise how much of a "normal" healthy weight and size I used to be. The last time I was weighed before last week was when I was six months pregnant & then I weighed in at 8st 3lbs, as crazy as it sounds even then I thought I was massive for my 5ft2 frame so I did a lot of hiding away, staying at home, not going out & my lifestyle totally changed. I became a lot less active (would even get a cab to the midwifes because I was so ashamed of my changing "fat" shape). Although I eventually came out of "hiding" & went back to work so increased a little bit of activity in my life, I have still steadily put on weight since - which is not helped by my bad eating habits. I decided last week enough was enough because I am just so uncomfortable and insecure about my body. I went to the weigh in thinking that maybe at most I might be about 11 stone after all I'm still in a size 14 so I'm "not that big" as everyone tells me. Shock horror I actually weigh 14st. (I feel like crying just writing this :cry:) Now I realise just how little I must have been back then and I cannot wait to be back there again, but for me this is a lot more than just losing weight, I need to learn how to love myself and my body.. I'm sorry I have just gone on & on however would really love to find someone to support me on this journey as I'm pretty much on my own. I have been on the CB for a week now and I don't feel that I've lost any weight, but it's my first weigh in tomorrow so I'm hoping for the best... Wish everyone else the best of luck too xxx

I am also new here, and don't worry about being alone from what I've seen, everyone seems very supportive here, I just joined yesteday afternoon, keep at it and dedication will get you your results, is it slimming world you joined? I've lost 17 lbs in my first 4 weeks, and if I can do it, then anyone can as I had to completely change my eating habits but its a fun diet and is so good goin in week after week losing more and more weight definetely encourages you to keep going, you can do it :)

Hi
Yes I'm on slimming world. I've been at target 3 times before but when I get there I stupidly stop going to group and the weight starts to creep back on. I usually go back once I'm half a stone heavier but this time it was over a stone. Still I find it easy to get back on plan and the weight always (so far) comes back off
Michelle
Good. Luck. I have never tried slimming world is that the red and green day diet ?

Back