Hello! Tips for discretion and recipes

Mollybloom

Hi guys!

I'm a Newbie to the site and new to Exante. I've been reading posts on the site for about a month now and I'm absolutely inspired both by your great achievements, but also the support you all give eachother!

I Have just recieved my first Exante delivery, so my new regime begins tomorrow. I have about 4 stone to lose in total (56lbs), but hoping to drop at least half of that before I have to be bridesmaid for my brother's wedding at the beginning of April...very excited!!!

Anyhow, I tried Lipotrim for about a month pre-holiday a couple of years ago and found it great, but couldn't stand the taste of the packs, so used to make popadom things out of the soups and muffins out of the shakes. I know there's a recipes forum here for Exante, but there don't seem to be many posts in it?! Anyone have a link / suggestions for Exante recipes??

Also... I'm starting back at work next Monday and I'm slightly concerned about drawing too much attention to myself with this diet... We only have a little kitchen in the office, so an electric whisk isn't really an option for me... I do have some of the bars, but I know people will start asking questions if they just see me having one of those every day...

Does anyone have any advice as to how to keep a low profile with this diet in the workplace? I don't mind telling some people about it, but I found that when I was on Lipotrim - everyone had an opinion and many of those were negative.

Thanks guys & looking forward to getting to know you!

M

Hiya and welcome to exante!! Can't comment in the muffin/poppadom things but just wanted to say that I haven't told anyone in my work about it either and most days I do sit with my bar and a cup of black coffee and if anyone asks I just say oh it's a cereal bar I'm not that hungry but today someone said is that all you are having and i said oh I just had a roll but i was so hungry I ate it already lol it's day 5 for me and it's got way easier, minimal hunger and lots of energy! Oh and 5.5lb down so far!!! Xx

I've told people at work, and have been lucky my colleagues have been great about it. Some of my friends at home not so!
I think the bars work really well if you're out somewhere and don't want it to be obvious, as they're the same sort of size as a conventional flapjack bar.
Alternatively just take a soup and mix it in a mug like a normal cup a soup.
Or you could skip lunch, and just drink water through the day and have your packs before /after work.
Good luck :)

I am having a bar at work and tbh they are pretty vile but I have 46 of them left so will keep eating them! No one is taking any notice of me! I'd say 50% at work are dieting, giving up smoking so I hardly stick out! I'd give the bars a go!

Or half a soup and half a bar?? Then have the other halves later? At least that would look like a lunch?

That's good thinking Laura, half and half. I tend to have a bouillion then a bar at work, I think people assume its veg soup.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I reckon the bars are probably the way to go for the office as some of you suggested (or half and half)... In fact I may buy a load more bars for next month (assuming I can stand the taste).

I work kind of mental hours and frequently have 2 (at times all 3) of my meals in the office...so I guess they'll all figure it out eventually... As if the (hopefully) vast weight loss won't be a strong clue :)

Thanks Cybill, for me -skipping lunch isn't an option as I don't think I'd be able to manage my workload on an empty fuel tank. Tbh I think that's what I'm most concerned about starting Exante... I really don't want my work to suffer (that and the white wine I'll be avoiding...although my liver will be relieved)!

P.S. Teetiefunk that's a fab loss so soon!! Long may it continue!

X

once you get into Ketosis you will feel okay over lunch. As another suggested you could make up a soup or something. honestly I wouldnt worry about eating a bar or something - you could always chop it up at home so its not in the wrapper and just eat it bit by bit - if no one sees what youare putting in your mouth but sees you eating then I doubt they will say anything. Before you know it the pounds will be dropping off and you wont mind sharing.

i think the bars are the most convenient...i'm so disorganised for lunch that it will be a blessing to just grab one of them!!! I bet the chippy will close down with me on a diet!!! xxx

My first pack of the day is a bar with coffee when I get to my desk. Then a soup for lunch and shake when I get home.

No one has asked any questions but I've decided to out myself anyway. My job involves a lot of lunching and evening dos. I wasnt going to say anything but it was starting to stress me out.

Trust me when say though, if you follow the plan 100% you will lose so much weight in such a short space of time that you won't have a choice lol. :)

People around you knowing also helps to motivate you to keep it off. I reckon I'd have put all my weight back on by now (instead if half) if no one knew how I lost it in the first place.

I agree Shimmystar - the bars are really convenient. But Jaysus they taste so bad!! I've managed to turn the shakes into muffins and soups into poppadom things... the tomato soup makes a nice scone/muffin thing... but the aftertaste from those bars is a force to be reckoned with. I'm going to struggle with them!

Guy - my job includes lots of work travel, meals and evenings out too... so tbh, I'll probably have to let people know what I'm doing before long. I get what you're saying about the added expectations of colleagues providing additional motivation to keep the weight off (esp as I happen to work in an office full of stylish size 6 stunners)... I hate that added pressure... but you're totally right - it will keep me on my toes!

I'm 3 days in and feeling fine so far! - Can't wait to see it all falling off - and staying off!!!!!:D

Mollybloom said:
I agree Shimmystar - the bars are really convenient. But Jaysus they taste so bad!! I've managed to turn the shakes into muffins and soups into poppadom things... the tomato soup makes a nice scone/muffin thing... but the aftertaste from those bars is a force to be reckoned with. I'm going to struggle with them!

Guy - my job includes lots of work travel, meals and evenings out too... so tbh, I'll probably have to let people know what I'm doing before long. I get what you're saying about the added expectations of colleagues providing additional motivation to keep the weight off (esp as I happen to work in an office full of stylish size 6 stunners)... I hate that added pressure... but you're totally right - it will keep me on my toes!

I'm 3 days in and feeling fine so far! - Can't wait to see it all falling off - and staying off!!!!!:D

Hi how did you turn the Tom soup into a muffin. I am really struggling with it as a drink, thanks

Hey Dobs - I just empty the tomato & basil soup into a bowl, add in drops of water (slowly as you don't want it to be runny) and mix until it binds together enough to roll with your hands into a ball shape.
Stick it in the microwave on a plate for between 30 secs, then turn it over and return to microwave for about the same length of time.

Keep an eye on it in the microwave as if you leave it in too long it'll become hard.

For the shakes, I do pretty much the same thing, but instead of water, I mix it with about half a shot of espresso and two sweeteners.

Probably not to everyones taste, but I find the shakes in particular aren't that unlike muffins and are much easier to eat! It's also nice to have a warm meal.

All the tips sound great, i have a shake in the morning and chop my bar into 2 halves and have one as morning/afternoon snack with a cup of tea and the other for my lunch - Then a soup for tea when I get home. Its awkward sometimes as people are so nosy in offices! But I just say its a cereal bar from the health shop coz Im on a diet or to some people I say - Dont be so bloody nosy eat your own lunch! I have been making the chocolate shakes into a paste with cold water and them putting them into the microwave (Make sure you watch them as they burn quickly!) Depending on the amount of water you put in it either thickens to a chocolate custard or if you add less water its like a gooey chocolate dough/muffin! Its my little treat and they are very tasty! Hope that helps x x

Back