Hello to all im a newbie

joshuasmummy

Hi guys
Im cureently on cambridge diet and have been for 3 months loosing almost 3 stones
Im now at the stage where im board stiff and wanting food
Id like to loose another 1 stone and 4 pounds
Ive been having sugar free jelly which has helped my sweet cravings but im told that I mustnt as its not allowed on the diet
Ive been doing the 810 plan but as im eating a evening meal then im not in kaytosis
I read about people combining cambridge with atkins do you think this would work
I have brought a new wardrobe which I just fit into so I cannot be putting on any weight if I did combine
Will the sugar free jelly really make that much difference. It hasnt any citric acid in
Thanks for any help

Hi joshuasmummy, there are several people on here combining the two. I'll let them answer this one for you.

Welcome!

Hi Joshuasmummy

I am combining a meal replacement diet with Atkins and it seems to be working just fine for me so far. I have done 2 weeks of it and lost 7lbs during that time! I do still have quite a bit to lose though.

I use Exante shakes, soups and bars and have 2.5 of mine a day, which is around 500 cals. I then have a low carb meal of around 300 cals, so am on around 800 again. I have been staying in ketotis. I might drop out after my meal, but that's normal and am in ketosis every morning....the rancid mouth is a dead give away. :p

There are some great recipes on here for you to try and when you are having just protein and veg, you become really creative with your food.

I can honestly say that I only get hungry at meal times and my evening meal really fill me up. I can't believe how much junk I could previously put away!

So, that's the long answer. The short answer to your question is I believe combining the two works, so long as you keep your cals to the 810 mark. It's worth a go for you at least and if it doesn't work, then you can always go back to SS or 810.

Everyone on this board is really helpful and supportive also.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

There's a sticky at the top of the Atkins board with lots of recipes.

I don't have any jelly or anything like that, but I know that the guys following Atkins have the sugar free ones.

I think carbonated drinks should be avoided myself, but someone on Atkins will know better. I think the acid in it will affect ketosis won't it???

Visit the Atkins board too as there is lots of info on there now.

Back