Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Glowworm, 16 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Glowworm

Glowworm Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    My own
    Another newbie... I've lost a bit over 75 lbs and thought these forums could give me a little bit more support when the going gets rough.

I started dieting and working out every day after my wife left me for another guy. My main intention was to get under 300lbs because insurance wouldnt cover me if I was over 300 once I was off my wife's insurance plan. Since then I have been determined to get back into shape (I used to be a big time athlete in HS and college- but as a 6'9" Football lineman, 250 or so would be pretty "toned").

Since getting back to a workout schedule, I am off anti depressants (dont need them anymore because I've been feeling great).. I was on them for years.

I am also feeling much more self confident, and I'm getting the attention of females again! (as sad as that sounds, it boost self confidence!)

So far so good. Now I just hope to keep it up because my goal is to use the swimming pool in my new house this year. I haven't gone swimming in years because I've been so self-conscious about my weight.

I lose about 10 lbs a week, and then gain 6-8 on the weekends compliments of being single and going to bars... but it leads to about an 8-12 lb net loss per month.

I'm planning on starting the P90x in a week or two as well!

thats pretty much me! I look forward to getting to know you all better on the forums!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KookieDoh

KookieDoh Ugly duckling going Swan.

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world
    Hi Glow worm! Well done on your amazing weight loss! P90X has been here in the UK for a year advertised on the TV. Looks super intense! Good on you for going for it!
  4. Mumma K

Mumma K Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hello and welcome to the forum
  5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Congratulations you are doing very well

Irene xx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.