Hello

Hello everyone. I just thought that I'd actually say introduce myself...

I'm a 21 year old student at Swansea University, though my "home" is in Worcester. I've struggled with my weight all my life and I think this is finally the time for me to do something about it. I've tried different things over the years, like atkins which never really worked for me. I wanted to try something that would actually work for me, as opossed to what my family thought might work for me. I've been trying Slim Fast for a week now, drinking 2 shakes a day. So far I've lost 4.5lbs and I'm very happy with how it's going. I'm actually enjoying this diet, and I certainly hope it continues that way.

Hi Rossbarber,
Glad to hear you are enjoying the plan i think its great and so easy to follow have you started a diary in the sub forum above.

Hi ross and welcome :)

SF is a great plan and its even better you're enjoying it and getting the sucsess you want. Also well done for doing this for you rather than what the family thinks.

Welcome Ross. I have also struggled with my weight most of my adult life (and I'm 53 now!) and have tried pretty much every diet going over the years.

I am failed Slimming World girl this time round. I simply can't be told to eat as much as I like of certain foods and still lose weight - I WON'T! I enjoy the simplicity and flexibility of SF and and am consistently losing weight. I have less than a stone to go to my initial target now so things are slowing down, but I have also started doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred in the last fortnight which has made huge difference to my body fat percentage and measurements so I am happy enough. It has also taught me a lot about portion control and low calorie snacking which has always been a bit of a bug bear for me.

Enjoy your Slim Fast journey - we can do this! Oh, and well done for making your own choices rather than being guided by family. I am sure they are only doing what they think is best for you, but we all know this is sometimes NOT the case (I speak from experience hear!)

Good luck rossbarber - it is definitely about finding something that works for you and your lifestyle - right now I need telling what to eat and minimise choice!!. I've tried and done ok on most diets but struggle to get to target and the cant maintain.

Back