Hello

threesprogs

Hi everyone

I am new here and thought I would introduce myself. I am a 38 year old mum of 3 and I work full time but thankfully from home. The only problem with that is the easy access to the fridge / cupboards!

I don't have a massive amount to lose having done Cambridge diet about 4.5 years ago and losing 4 stone I have managed to maintain but I am 10ib heavier than I want / need to be. I have done low/no carb in the past but eventually the few ibs I lose goes back on so I thought I would calorie count since my usual diet is bloody awful I am hoping it might improve my awareness and mindset to what I eat!

My problem is I have been religiously good this week eating 1100 (My Net diary recommended) good calories with no real treats but so far I haven't even lost one Ib! Please can someone help and advise. My general days food is:

Breakfast - activia yoghurt with handful (15g) sugar free alpen or muesli added. cup of tea with no sugar and skimmed milk
lunch - WW soup and one or two wholemeal pittas
snack - pink and white or rivita no butter or fruit
dinner - chicken and couscous or similar

I drink a fair amount during the day and have just started running after a few weeks off and do about 3k (run not walk) 3 times a week. I do tend to eat more on the days I run but that is a larger portion of chicken and couscous.

Any advise / help etc would be really appreciated.

Many thanks and well done on all the motivational weightlosses!!!

Hi and welcome a lot of people on here use a free site called my fitness pal you should have a look at that, it is a calorie counter site and really good. Good luck on your journey

Hiya! I know you only have a small amount to lose, but 1100 calories is below the minimum you should be eating, so I'd recommend upping your intake, especially as you're exercising as well. Your body will be a bit happier then and will hopefully start letting go of some weight, lol. I second the recommendation of My Fitness Pal - MFP actually tells you off if you eat less than 1200 cals a day! :) xx

Thank you for the welcome and advise. I think part of my problem is I have never been a 3 meals a day girl and so I am actually consuming more calories on this diet than I was before but making better choices. I will see what I can do to increase more but I am struggling to eat 1100 and that is with 3 meals a day. I am not a snacker because I just want choc and crisps so tend to not then have anything!

Look forward to seeing the scales move.... day 5 and not even .5ib change!

Back