Hello...

peabody

Hey thought I would join you all.

I am quite new to 5:2..

I mainly want to use it for losing weight.

I have tried diets before and failed so figured this would suit me, as it is not dieting every day with nothing to look forward to, and will hopefully "retrain" me about portion sizes etc.

I started last week and have lost 2lbs already.

Hiya Peabody, We'll done on your 2lb lost!! I'm new to 5:2 as well. I've been testing the waters for a couple weeks now, but I haven't lost any weight. My fasting days are easy-peasy. It's my eating days I'm struggling with. I think I'm making up for my fast days too much! It's like I have a blank check and I can eat anything and everything. Are you counting cals on your eat days??

No I don't count calories on feast days, but I find having to count calories on the fast days is making me realise how big my portion sizes are...so I find myself naturally doing smaller portion sizes.

I am so annoyed with myself though, as 2 years ago I promised myself I would lose weight, and since then I have put on 2 and a half stone!

I know exactly what you mean...2 years ago I joined SW and in about a year I had lost just over 4st of the 6st I wanted to lose. Then I hit a wall and couldn't lose weight only to find out I had cancer. That's all sorted now, but over last year I put most of back on. Now it's even harder to lose and I so badly want to keep off every single pound I lose this time. But I haven't lost a thing so far. I must be doing something wrong!

I think it's important to count on your eating days whilst you get used to it as there is a big risk of over eating - it's just so easy to do! I think it's common to feel freed from daily dieting and over indulge!

I know exactly what you mean...2 years ago I joined SW and in about a year I had lost just over 4st of the 6st I wanted to lose. Then I hit a wall and couldn't lose weight only to find out I had cancer. That's all sorted now, but over last year I put most of back on. Now it's even harder to lose and I so badly want to keep off every single pound I lose this time. But I haven't lost a thing so far. I must be doing something wrong!

Glad to hear it is all sorted now!:) How long have you been trying to lose the weight this time?

I think it's important to count on your eating days whilst you get used to it as there is a big risk of over eating - it's just so easy to do! I think it's common to feel freed from daily dieting and over indulge!

Yeah...I probably will,I would not want to undo the work of the fast days, or make them pointless. But so far I am finding I naturally eat less, and want chocolate less etc. Certain things I am now measuring out, like rice for example, as when I was measuring out a small amount to have last week, i realised just how little you get for the calories!

Back