Help, 2nd week, no loss.... Why? Anyone else have a similar story?

Want2bme

Hey guys,

How a we all getting on? I need advice and tips guys, I'm just finishing day 12, I'm following the plan, drowning in water and I'm not losing a single lb this week?..... Why? I feel really disheartened and despondent, as in like, I'm trying so hard why is it not falling off like everyone said it would?

What am I doing wrong?

I have a shake for breakfast, salad and protein for lunch, snack and a pack and veg at 5.30
Or
shake, pack, and then the protein, veg and a pack for dinner
or
shake, pack, protein n veg and a shake as a pudding (first time tonight)

Any ideas? One of the days I had a melt down And cheated but not that bad, only an extra pack and a 1/4 of a mini naan n a dip of sauce. Surely that can't be the reason I've not lost any this week? I hadn't lost any before I had my melt down though ?? 3 days till weigh in :(

What losses did you encounter in the first weeks? I only have 3 weeks left to shift this blubber, all advice very welcome

Thank you Nina xx

Sorry 4 weeks before re-feed week xx

Congrats on your first weeks loss btw :)

I would really wait until your weigh in with no sneaky peaks tbh a lot of people freak out only to find that a few days later they have shifted a few pounds.

I am afraid any little blip might effect your weight but it really is down to the person. I haven't cheated but I know a lot of people on here have and still lose.

As long as you are drinking the water having 3 packs plus protein or just 4 packs with/without the correct amount of added extras I cant see you are doing anything wrong. let us know what the scales say on weigh in day :)

Yo can see my losses in my sig I am a slow loser unfortunately.

That lapse probably will have knocked you out of ketosis. On a VLCD you can't have things which are high in carbs (such as bread of any sort - or a dipping sauce which is probably full of sugar). It isn't like SW or WW where you can 'make up for it' later. If you get knocked out of ketosis you'll have to stick to the plan for another 5 days or so just to get back into ketosis again. Use this as a learning experience and move on. If you feel you absolutely must have something extra then go for pure protein (such as chicken) as that won't knock you out of ketosis.

Thanks for that guys, good tip about the protein, I know I shouldn't have cheated and I definitely have learnt my lesson, I didn't feel like I came out ketosis though as I haven't been hungry or anything that I felth the first 5 days or so.?

Anyhow, thank you :) I wish Wednesday was another week away now lol x

If u look up about fat cells it says they don't decrease in mass straight away but fill with water first, that's why u can have a good weight loss one week and not much the next. I looked up waiting for the whoosh in google and found a few links. Also any carbs you've eaten extra will be made into glucose/glycogen and each bit of sugar holds water too. So all in all, don't worry, but keep off the carbs. If you feel yr ready to eat yr own knee cos of hunger (and only then) have some extra chicken, fish or an egg. Stay in ketosis at all costs. It's the key o this diet and very quick weight loss :)

Agreed with everyone else

I'm the same I loose in patterns. Long as you stay in ketosis it will all average to around a stone a month

Xx

Try not to worry about it, on these types of diets weight can disappear magically over night! Ive lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks, the first 8lbs came off the first week n then nothing for a good 6 days, was starting to panic and then got up the next day and lost 3lbs. Then a few days later another 2lbs. I only have another 10lbs to lose to get to target so never expected huge losses but I try bot to weigh myself everyday cos you can get disheartened!

If you stick to the plan you'll lose eventually!x

Have u weighed yet want2bme - hope it's good news x

Morning everyone,

Thanks for all the advice! I think your right in that my tiny cheat must have brought me out of ketosis, I didn't think something so small could do that! Lesson learnt!

Well second weigh in after slipping off the wagon earlier in the week, but back to it and pleased to say I've lost 1lb! It's not a gain so that's all I'm bothered about! 8lb in total, it's still over half a stone :) Here's to a new week.

I tried three new things this week, I've made some cookies With the porridge this morning for snacks through the day, makes 4 so it's all good :) made strawberry mousse and hot chocolate pudding :) haven't figured out anything much to do with the savoury packs yet other than eat them, lol but the curry one is lovely and makes a big dinner when you add veg and chicken :)

Good luck on weigh ins everyone! Xx

Well done, that's great news. Like you say a loss is all that counts and you sound like your getting in the zone with the plan now. I'm sure next week you'll see great results on the scales

Want2bme said:
Morning everyone,

Thanks for all the advice! I think your right in that my tiny cheat must have brought me out of ketosis, I didn't think something so small could do that! Lesson learnt!

Well second weigh in after slipping off the wagon earlier in the week, but back to it and pleased to say I've lost 1lb! It's not a gain so that's all I'm bothered about! 8lb in total, it's still over half a stone :) Here's to a new week.

I tried three new things this week, I've made some cookies With the porridge this morning for snacks through the day, makes 4 so it's all good :) made strawberry mousse and hot chocolate pudding :) haven't figured out anything much to do with the savoury packs yet other than eat them, lol but the curry one is lovely and makes a big dinner when you add veg and chicken :)

Good luck on weigh ins everyone! Xx

I've just finished my third week and no cheating at all lost 13lbs first week 1lb second week and sts this week. I think it's just sometimes our body's just adjusting my ankles are swollen and my knees this week though x

Want2bme, that's still a good loss over 3wks and I would think you'll be in for a nice loss at next weigh in :)

Well done, that's great news. Like you say a loss is all that counts and you sound like your getting in the zone with the plan now. I'm sure next week you'll see great results on the scales

Thanks Hun, I hope so as I'll be furious if I don't ha ha!

Whats your story?

It will all average out. I loose usually two or three weeks out if four. It's all hormones and water! Long as it averages out its all good

I've just finished my third week and no cheating at all lost 13lbs first week 1lb second week and sts this week. I think it's just sometimes our body's just adjusting my ankles are swollen and my knees this week though x

Hey no more,

As pleased as I am to see that it's not just me, I also wanna say, this sucks! Big time, all your effort and it's slow and you read others and it's flying off ha ha. Well fingers crossed for a better week ay! Similar in weightand goals, so if ufancy buddying up, that be cool! Nina

I'm giving up on the scales, I've been good all week and the scales haven't shifted thankfully I can see a difference or I would be quite fed up. wish I could be a monthly weigher but the need to look is too strong!!! :)

Want2bme, I'm only in my 2nd week and I've lost just over a stone now. I'm really pleased. As a hardened dieter over the last 15/20yrs it's the first time I have done a frd like this, which is why I suspect I have had an initial massive loss. But I'm seeing new numbers on the scales which I haven't seen for 3yrs or so - so I'm a happy girl. It has made me think that for the first time, ever really, I could do this and get to a weight which I should be for my height rather than a weight which i can cope with dieting.
It's inspiring to read your tales and you are doing brilliantly - well done you. And well done for maintaining this week x

It's better than gaining and I suspect if it was me, I'd have hit the chocolate with a capital C x

Hey,

How are we all getting on? I lost 3 lb this week! Another small loss but it's in the right direction xx

Back