Help, 2nd week, no loss.... Why? Anyone else have a similar story?

Want2bme said:
Hey,

How are we all getting on? I lost 3 lb this week! Another small loss but it's in the right direction xx

Hiya want2bme today's my weigh in as well and also lost 3pounds I'm really happy with that I suppose it's better than gaining! Can't believe I've almost done this diet for a month!! How are you getting on? What's your target weight? X

Hiya!

Well done on your 3lb loss!! :) my first mini goal is to get as close to 12 stone before my re-feed in 4 weeks time! I then have a break for holiday n get married.... Then see where I go from there.

I'm not losing fast enough to do this till I reach my goal weight so I'm thinking I may go back to healthy eating, calorie counting and excersize!

What about you? What's your goal? Xx

Want2bme said:
Hiya!

Well done on your 3lb loss!! :) my first mini goal is to get as close to 12 stone before my re-feed in 4 weeks time! I then have a break for holiday n get married.... Then see where I go from there.

I'm not losing fast enough to do this till I reach my goal weight so I'm thinking I may go back to healthy eating, calorie counting and excersize!

What about you? What's your goal? Xx

Thank you :) Well done to you too!! Sounds like you have an exciting few weeks ahead of you! Congratulations :) even at 12 stones im sure you will look stunning on your wedding day. Mine isn't till next year September so I've given myself plenty of time as I'm a slow loser lol my ideal weight is 10 stones which will take me down to a size 8-10. I'm currently 14.2 and a size 14.

I have tried calorie counting in the past and it does work if you do lots of exercise. MFP makes it easier now to check calorific content of everything and you can log your exercises too. Back when I did it I kept a diary which is a good way of keeping you motivated. Good luck with whatever you decide Hun, I'm sure you can do it if you keep focused on the goal xx

Thank you :) Well done to you too!! Sounds like you have an exciting few weeks ahead of you! Congratulations :) even at 12 stones im sure you will look stunning on your wedding day. Mine isn't till next year September so I've given myself plenty of time as I'm a slow loser lol my ideal weight is 10 stones which will take me down to a size 8-10. I'm currently 14.2 and a size 14.

I have tried calorie counting in the past and it does work if you do lots of exercise. MFP makes it easier now to check calorific content of everything and you can log your exercises too. Back when I did it I kept a diary which is a good way of keeping you motivated. Good luck with whatever you decide Hun, I'm sure you can do it if you keep focused on the goal xx

Ah thanks!! I hope so, at 12 stone I will be near enough the weight I was when we met, so he can't say I've changed too much ha ha!

What height are you? I'm 13.4 and I'm a size 16 / 18 although the 18s are hanging off me now! Woo!

We weren't supposed to be getting married, but we decided to do it small and intimate as I wanted the same name as my children and to be a secure family, but we can't afford a big wedding because we are trying to save for our perfect home!! We plan to renew our vows in a couple of years, have the party and honeymoon then!!

I use MFP now, even though I'm on this vlcd I like to see what nutrients etc, and it's good to keep the momentum of calorie counting going

Want2bme said:
Ah thanks!! I hope so, at 12 stone I will be near enough the weight I was when we met, so he can't say I've changed too much ha ha!

What height are you? I'm 13.4 and I'm a size 16 / 18 although the 18s are hanging off me now! Woo!

We weren't supposed to be getting married, but we decided to do it small and intimate as I wanted the same name as my children and to be a secure family, but we can't afford a big wedding because we are trying to save for our perfect home!! We plan to renew our vows in a couple of years, have the party and honeymoon then!!

I use MFP now, even though I'm on this vlcd I like to see what nutrients etc, and it's good to keep the momentum of calorie counting going

Sounds perfect that is exactly what we're going for, a small intimate wedding with only about 50 guests. But we are really struggling to get something within our budget and that also allows outside catering grrr. Oh well at least that's keeping me busy and stopping me from thinking about food lol

I'm 5.7 ft tall. I've gone from size 10-16 in about 3-4 years so have different sized clothes in my wardrobe and it's fantastic to be able to wear my old 14's. When I reach my target weight I'm getting rid of my fat clothes this time and im not looking back lol xx

Well dome you, you seem determined so I'm sure you will do it!

I haven't got many big clothes, it's all maternity, so I'm looking forward to being a 14 as I've got a whole wardrobe to get into, I'm keeping my biggest trousers which are a 20, I wore them when I was pregnant and after my first, I was 15 stone 4! It took seeing myself on a photo to show me how fat I was getting!!

Look forward to hearing your success story! Xx

Want2bme said:
Well dome you, you seem determined so I'm sure you will do it!

I haven't got many big clothes, it's all maternity, so I'm looking forward to being a 14 as I've got a whole wardrobe to get into, I'm keeping my biggest trousers which are a 20, I wore them when I was pregnant and after my first, I was 15 stone 4! It took seeing myself on a photo to show me how fat I was getting!!

Look forward to hearing your success story! Xx

Same with me. I was mortified when I saw my pic at my heaviest (15.13) I looked a lot older than my age and totally shapeless. But thank goodness we're doing something about it. Good luck with your journey and hope you reach your target for the big day!! :) xx

Well done on your loss this week and what a great goal you have - I'm sure you'll look stunning x

Thank you! Hope so!!!
Here is my pic, the fattest one lol at 15.4lb was taken 11 April 2011. the second was while I was pregnant approx August 2011. I lost 2 stone between April and the end of June, as I fell pregnant I stopped dieting and kept everything healthy!

Attachments

• image-1192170010.jpg
    image-1192170010.jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 75
Your a gorgeous little chica aren't you. I had two 11lb babies (thx to my large husband) and gained massive amounts of weight in both my pregnancies, altho I told myself I was keeping it healthy! It was just an excuse to eat loads. Think I gained 4st in my first pregnancy & it was heading the same way with my second but I was diagnosed with diabetes, fortunatley, it was only gestational. But I do think my poor diet (of eating crap) sent my body over the edge - at least we are in the right head space now & doing something about it now. You have an amzing goal - I guess my goal is to look too hot to refuse (for my hubby) and have a 3rd baby !! LOL x

Hopingtobesmallersoon said:
Your a gorgeous little chica aren't you. I had two 11lb babies (thx to my large husband) and gained massive amounts of weight in both my pregnancies, altho I told myself I was keeping it healthy! It was just an excuse to eat loads. Think I gained 4st in my first pregnancy & it was heading the same way with my second but I was diagnosed with diabetes, fortunatley, it was only gestational. But I do think my poor diet (of eating crap) sent my body over the edge - at least we are in the right head space now & doing something about it now. You have an amzing goal - I guess my goal is to look too hot to refuse (for my hubby) and have a 3rd baby !! LOL x

Ha ha ha, what you like! I'm sure your hubby already thinks your too hot to handle lol .... I get ya though, be nice to feel on top of the world ay....

Thank you for your compliments, :) my little ones were 8lb 4 and 8 lb 6 :) I gained 3 stone with my first, lost 2 stone then fell pregnant and kept my weigh off until the last couple of months where I gained 11lb, most of that was baby and water, and I was 13 stone 4 just 2 weeks after birth, then due to stresses I wasn't eating properly and trying to breast feed, midwife said I want you eating puddings before bed, so I forced myself to eat high calorie food, when I came of meds. I was hooked again!! Used to the fact i could eat what i like and not suffer any consequenses.... Lol so the past 6 months I've gone back up to 14 stone 1, hence why I'm here today and pleased to say I'm 1 lb off a stone lost and 2 lb till I'm in the 12s! :) plus, back into a pair of trousers I haven't worn for 3 years!! Whoop!!!

We will all get there especially by supporting each other like this.

Thank you for commenting, do you have a blog or a diary? If so I'd be interested to read your journey xx

Haha, am sure he does and we have been together a very long time, he knows me better than anyone, he also loves me regardless and in all my shapes and sizes I have been over the years. He has no preference and he has never had anything negative to say. In it's self, that's amazing. But part of me wonders if he left me, I'd lose a sh*t load of weight & then he could come back!! ha ha - not really, I don't mean it :)
Yay for the slinky trousers your back into, that must feel great !
Yes, the pregnancies are pretty hard going on our bodies aren't they. Because of the size of my bubba's I had 2 c-sections inside 2yrs, so my body has been thru the mill as well, all worth it of course ! But I kinda of feel that I'm now left with putting the peices back together, in a good way of course, I wouldn't change a thing, but I used to be an ok package !
Anyhow, you are right, supporting each other is the best thing we can do - understanding our home lives, as they sound quite similar will help too.
Yes chica, I am keeping a diary within the S&S Diaries bit called 'hoping to be smaller soon' tune in & have a read x
Good luck tomorrow and talk then x xx x

Good morning ladies,

I have another niggle in my head and I'm actually wondering if I should give up and go healthy eating and excersize!

Ive lost 2 lb this week despite doing excersize classes, I used to lose that doing the healthy diet last year, so I'm wondering if I should swap diets back to that one, for one I'm feeling tired all the time, my muscles are feeling weak, and I'm just getting a bit fed up of this diet, so was thinking of refereeing this week, and supplementing 2 of my meals with the packs eat the other two and kick the arse out of excersize! it totally changed my body shape too and I want to excersize, as mad as it seems.

Prim not someone who can sit on this diet and lose, I've shown that, and I'm not someone who can do excersize with it and lose either..... So should I turn back to healthy.

Plus the only positive sign is that I'm losing inches, and yes that is important, more important than weight, but my scales are showing that out of the 14lb I've lost 5 lb of that's muscle and even though I'm excersising, I'm still losing muscle! It's annoying me something chronic!

Feeling rather fed up of it all! Xx

Only you can decide which diet works best for you. However, I would say that scales are notoriously bad at working out your body fat % - so much depends on how hydrated you are - that it's almost not worth using them for that.

If you exercise you will appear to lose fat slower, however, you are retaining water to repair your muscles so in fact you are losing more fat than is showing on the scales. With the benefit of my hindsight I can see that you are losing fat at a good rate and if you stick with it for a few more weeks you will see it on the scales, particularly as you are already seeing it in inches. At the end of the day this needs to work for you - good luck with your decision.

Definitely needs to be your decision and I've just had a whoosh at week 4, maybe you'll find that too. Ultimately this is your decision and it's understandable you feel pressured to et the weight off as quickly as you can. What about you finish the s&s supplies you have and then evaluate looking back at the bigger picture - just an idea. Good luck Chica x

Hey all,

Thanks for your comments, all very helpful!

I'm not far away from finishing my supplies lol, they will last the next 3 weeks which is when I should be giving it up. I haven't weighted in today lol and I'm still on the diet so.....

I don't know what I'm going to do, I'll try and stick it out and see what happens, I just want it to happen like everyone else!

Love reading your comments though and the one about the fat cells above the last post is very encouraging thanks W x

Well, I've had an eventful day, night x

Stick with it hun and see what happens. Hope it works out for you.
X

Sent from V's iPhone using MiniMins

How you getting in want2bme ? x

Hey,

How a you? I haven't been on much as some days are impossible, and I don't like these new settings on here, where have all the signatures gone and options to do stuff to your page?

I'm ok thank you, you? Lost 4 lb this week but re Gained a lb this morning cos I caved in and had some beef (casserole and dumpling) not a lot but enough to gain a lb obviously lol

I'm really feeling it today, I just want to eat normal food and do it through Excersize now so I've been looking into the re-feed. I'll be re feeding 2 weeks early but I plan to crack on in the gym! I just need a break! I know it means I won't be at target, but it's either that or I'll cave in and not re-feed properly.

Hope you are well, thank you for checking in on me :) xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I know, the app is so different to the online version isn't it!
How you getting on?
Things are ok here, am not as focused as I should be at the moment and it's looking like I'm not gonna lose this week if I don't sort myself out!!
You still planning to refeed? Will you do the s&s refeed? I quite like the look of the cd refeed!
Did u manage to keep your 3lbs off? Hope so, hope your getting on ok. U can still keep your diary going just relocate to the right section if your gonna do healthy eating & exercise. I like that idea but am too lazy if I'm honest ha ha!! x

Back