Help a newbie....please

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by loopym, 17 January 2011 Social URL.

1. loopym

loopym Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ive bought the Atkins starter pack which consists of bars, shakes and crackers.
    By the time most of you read this I’ll be on day two of the induction. I havent had any yet but ive read that i shouldnt be eating any of the things that are in the box. Seems like 30 quid down the drain.

Im committed to doing this properly and dont want to do anything to jeopardise weight loss.

Any views?

Thanks

Neil

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pigletville

pigletville Full Member

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    Diet:
    -
    Hi Neil - Everyone is different. Personally over the last couple of weeks I've tried a few Atkins products and they don't agree with me other people find they help.

If it were me - and this is only my opinion, I would leave them to one side, do a fortnight induction and clear your body properly of carb cravings then maybe try them out if you don't want to feel that you've wasted the money. If they stall you stop eating them.

4. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I'm against them Neil, but that's purely because when I started back in 2001 they weren't around so I had to do it without any of the LC Products, clean and green as I call it. I always felt that a big part of Atkins was retraining your way of eating, so away with all the sweet products etc. Having said that, as always mate, it's down to personal choice. Be warned, many people suffer from unwanted side effects, so be prepared to not stray too far from a toilet. :D

Oh and welcome, we need a few more blokes around here.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.