Help! - A Wedding Meal on Friday..Tips?

shivers1

This year is my year....
HI All,

Need some advice...

Didnt really think this through when i started LT on Fri 28th Dec....

Have a wedding this Friday 4th Jan & am sitting down for the meal. What shall i do?
My friend will kill me if she knows im on LT cos she's paying a fortune per head for the food. I also dont want to have to explain to everyone at the table why im not eating either.
I cant even use my kids as an excuse for not eating cos they wont be there!!!
Hubby has said he'll eat a bit from my plate & that i should eat the meat & veg...(Typical man)...

You'll probably ssay that i should have waited until after the wedding to start but
I know that if i hadnt started LT on Friday, i would never have. I was motivated then...(and still am).

hmmm... what a tough one!! may just having the veg and healthy. but as long as you stay focused and jump right back on the wagon you will be fine have faith stay focused and enjoy the day

Shivers,

I know what you mean about starting at an awkward, I mean can we pick a worse time that the week inbetween xmas and new year - HELL NO!! But like you I chose to stat on the 28th as I knew come the 3rd, I wold have either gained another 7lbs with over eating and drinking or went of the dea of lipo and presuaded myself to join scottish slimmers yet a(bloody)gain!!!!

I have heard that if you stick to protien and small amount of salad then you may not do ketosis any harm, but then that may be ok for the main course but you can be sure you'd get away with that for the starter and you def wont for the desert...

What do you want to do yourself? Do you want to eat protien and pass on the desert or wold you be able to make up an excuse? Maybe you have had a stomach bug and dont want to risk anything and just give your hubbt seconds?

Its realy hard with socal events on, I have declined all invited for tomorrow, and am going to get a stash of dvd's in and shut the blinds!! Its bloody depressing I'll not be goring myway though crisps, dips and choc all night but hey if I was gonna do that, then I would be as well facing up to the fact I'll be forever fat! And just not, am not willing to accept that!

Hey another idea? ou could have developed a food intolarance for most items on the menu!!

Good luck with ur decision

Stomach bugsounds like a good idea. And maybe picking at the salad if i have to....

i'll probably decide after my 1st weigh in on Thursday. If i lose a lot im im eating NOTHING!!!!

just make the promise to yoursel its either nothing (and imagine how proud you be with yoursel) or if you do eat its nothing but protien and small amount of salad then right back the next day. you'll be grand!

on CD theres add a meal which is chicken, quorn or fish as protien and above ground veg like broccoli, cauliflour, cabbage, lettuce, chinese leafy veg etc some call it a white and green meal

If you stick to greens and salad - you should be fine....as the girls say jump back on the wagon immediately the next day. Make you are the designated driver so you dont have an excuse to drink - drink is the real downfall as your will power goes to!

When I was on LT I "had" to go to a few work dos and its just wasnt possible not to eat. So I had fish or chicken and salad/green...and still lost!!!

Best of luck!!

TBH most people wont notice if you just push your food around your plate, you dont actually have to eat anything.
Good luck whatever you decide to do

Thanks guys!

I'll let you know how i get on!

Im going to drive to the wedding & will probably say im not feeling great and just pick at the food & push the majority of it around my plate or pass to Hubby for finishing!

You can have a Atkins style meal and remain in Ketosis. i.e. chicken/meat with green veg or salad....(def no potato/rice/pasta/bread and no desserts). It can be done. I've been out for meals and done a ketositx the next day and still been in ketosis. You just have to make the right choices.
Good luck.

Hiya,
Thanks for all the repsonses!

Wedding was yesterday and guess what???!?!!! It was a BUFFET MEAL!!! yeah!!!!

She only had a smallish reception cos she is off to Cyprus to have the proper reception with her family in Feb.

I could'nt sit at the table when everyone els got up for food so i took some broccoli & plain chicken breast & ate the veg soup.
I skipped my evening LT shake & drank water all night so HOPEFULLY, i have'nt done too much damage,,,,,:)

Wel done! Thats great. I am sure you wnt have dne any damage and by drinking plenty water I think that will help. You should be so proud, just think how well you did to restrict yourself when it would have been easier to say what the heck.. Well done you x

Back