Help/Advice needed

Louise1

It's my brother in law's 30th birthday next Saturday & the extended family is going for an Italian meal at a friends restaurant.
I have several problems:
1) My wardrobe is 14/16. I am 15 1/2 stones. I clearly don't fit in anything. I'm surviving in leggings & baggies for work which would be inappropriate to wear. I don't want to spend £ on an outfit I never want to fit in/wear again.
2) Everyone will be eating and expecting me to eat. I don't want to. I was going to have grilled chicken but really don't want to. I don't want to create a bad impression to his extended family but what else can I do?? I would be offending their friends who own the restaurant if I ate nothing.
I'm at the point where I don't want to go at all now but don't want to let my partner down who would then go without me.
Stress.
Opinions please lol....

Id pull a sicky, im sure your boyfriend will understand and there really is no point eating anything at this stage as it can be so hard to stick to after that (trust me I know).. hope it works out whatever you decide to do x

Hello Louise,

I feel for your dilemma.

If you feel that you could be there and that not eating for yourself would not be an issue, then how about a little white lie? Perhaps you could say that you have had a tummy bug and that you have been advised by your GP to only have water/hydration salts for 24hrs? - that would also tackle the fact you were only drinking water ;)
Clothes may be a little difficult, do you have any charity shops close by where you might pick up something cost-effective. Failing that what about the discount stores like Matalan, QS, Peacocks, Primark?

Love Myr xxx

For once you must be strong and be selfish and do what is right for you. There is a reason you have chosen to forgo food altogether its not a decision made lightly and each day completed is a huge victory.

Back