Help! advice needed

kerriluke

hi there i am new to this site i am wanting to loose abit of weight for my wedding in jan. I am unsure what food is on and off limits and what diets are good so any advice on where to start would be a great help. thanks x

well I just do healthy eating, for me nothing is off limits I just control the amout I eat and have more healthy days, I know what you mean about choosing what to eat or what diet to follow it depends if you have alot of weight to loose and of course time limits, im sure someone else will post about commercial diets there are some good diets that work, just make sure you find something that suits you.

Slimming world is the only one that has ever worked for me. No food is off limits and you can fit it in nicely with any routine and family life. Just my personal opinion though x

Similarly to Georgiestar, I do calorie counting. I've worked out how many calories I need per day without exercise (loads of websites out there who can work that out if you google), then I just have those calories plus whatever I exercise off. It's very very manageable for me - 1400 + exercise. I try to eat healthily, moderate portions and eat little and often (usually about 4 meals of 200cals, 2 of 300cal). I have whatever I want to, just in moderation.

I'd recommend a sensible diet, reducing calories, increasing exercise and eating healthily... so anything like Weightwatchers, Slimming World, Gi Diet, Rosemary Connelly or just simple calorie counting. But, you need to do your research and find a diet that's suitable for you and your lifestyle. Only you can decide what's right or wrong for you.

thanks very much for the replies. i have already looked at the weight watchers site but i am going to research some on slimming world and calorie counting. thanks again x

Depends on how much weight you want to loose and how strict you want to be. I have done WW and SW but definitely prefer SW as i felt it helped more with the healthy eating.

I am now doing LL as I do have a lot of weight to loose (although not as much now!!) and I would recommend it to anyone but to do any VLCD you have to be in the right mind to do it.

I hope that helps x

Back