Help...advice

Halflinghannah

Ok I'm not really sure what bit to put this in just really need some advice driving myself insane lol! So I'm on the mini pill n iv missed pills here n there ever siNce waking up Monday iv had really sore boobs and feel really heavy. Iv had a cough since Friday also. Feeling really bloated. Broke out in spots I'm feeling more tired than usual yesterday I felt sick all day. N today I have a runny nose. Sorry if this is to much info but I haven't been able to go poo either n Am really gasy. Now r these symptoms of just time of the month? Sorry lol sound stupid but I haven't had one for so long I can't remember what effects this has. Or should I buy a preggaz test?!

It could be symptoms of both time of month or pregnancy so if you are that unsure i would say get a test it is the only way you will know for sure and good luck at getting the answer you want

Kellie mum of 4 said:
It could be symptoms of both time of month or pregnancy so if you are that unsure i would say get a test it is the only way you will know for sure and good luck at getting the answer you want

Ditto. Def get the test. It will put your mind at rest. When I had the coil, in the beginning I'd miss periods (which it can do) and it would just worry me so learned to just test. Maybe something which doesn't rely on you remembering to take your pill, like mirena would be better for you if you don't want to get pregnant. I have my pills next to my bed so take it before I get up in the morning cos I'm rubbish at remembering. Hope it's all ok.

Thanks girls. Iv only missed one this month but I'm taking them all over the place :/ il try n leave em with my toothbrush in morning so im more regular then. Guess I shall go buy a few tests at break time only way Il find out!

Good luck, you have to be so careful with the pill. That's why I'm on the injection, I just pop it in my diary every 3 months to book and have it done and it isn't effected by sickness or anti-biotics ect. I think I'll go on the pill when we're thinking we might want to start trying in the near future, that way if I do forget and we get pregnant earlier then planned its not the end of the world.

Putting the pill somewhere you go each day is a great idea though

Hi hun, It's prob caused by you missing your mini pill from time to time. Hormonal changes.
Should settle after a few days if you take your pill at a regular time of day. If not then buy a test. Good luck with this.

Yes, when I used to be on the pill if I was irregular in my taking them, weird things would happen to me. It could even be that and also your coming down with something so don't worry too much x

Just wanted to add, the pill/mini pill can do crazy things to your body that you would never associate with just taking a pill! Ive literally tried about 10 different brands and Ive finally had to give up on it completly! Just remember these things might just be side effects, but i do second taking a test!

fatwelly said:
Hi hun, It's prob caused by you missing your mini pill from time to time. Hormonal changes.
Should settle after a few days if you take your pill at a regular time of day. If not then buy a test. Good luck with this.

Agree with this.....try using an alarm on your phone to remind you to take your pill....taking it at different times etc isn't gonna give it chance to settle. I'm on the mini pill and this is what I do cause I can barely remember the what day it is let alone anything else lol x

If you are on the 'mini pill' then you only have a 3 hour window to take it in to keep hormone levels stable. If the levels fluctuate you can ovulate and hence risk falling pregnant also fluctuations of hormones can give the symptoms you describe plus spotting or irregular bleeding. If taking it at the same time is an issue then I'd suggest you try an alternative long acting reversible contraceptive such as the implant mirena coil standard coil or injection.

Ive just stopped taking the mini pill because of symptoms described here. Doc took me of my normal pill that I'd been on for years because I was over the weight limit :-(

The mini pill (tried 3 diff brands) disaster: tired, spots all over, zero sex drive, constant insane hunger akin to TOTM every day, bloated full of wind etc.

Had a chat with hubby and decided we'd both be better off if I left it.

I'm afraid of implant and mirena cos I've heard horror stories of massive weight gains.

Mini pill was exactly the same for me, just recently came off it and had implant put in (2nd time) in time for starting SW.

I can verify that implant wise, though everyone reacts differently, for the most part it does not cause massive weight gain. There are so many horror stories out there about ALL forms of contraception purely because those forms didn't work well for the person concerned (or their sister/aunt/cousin six times removed). You don't know about how you will respond until you try it.

I had the implant before, not long after I had my second baby. The mini pill had made me retain most of my baby weight, and when I swapped to the implant in conjunction with healthy eating/exercise, the weight flew off. I did regain it, but that was nothing to do with the implant, it was my diet because it went to hell. By the same token I have a friend who could never GAIN weight on the pill as much as she wanted to...everyone is totally different but I must admit I know of much more negative experiences with the pill than the implant.

Amo1979, there is no weight gain associated with Mirena, I have had one for 3.5 years now, one of the best things I have ever done!

Back