help! alcohol issue!

Chellywelly

Silver Member
Hey everyone im on day 2 of slim & save and feeling fine so far, im not going out this friday as i want to stick to the first week 100%, however next friday ill be going out as usual into town, ALL my friends get drunk and go clubbing, i obviously go with them, the problem is the booze, i know its not allowed! but standing there for 5 hours next to drunk people feeling like a stiff isnt what i want either....i was thinking of just having shakes through out the day, then when im out having about 3 shots of vodka, it should get me tipsy enough to have fun but not effect my diet too much, and obviously save my chicken and veg for when i get home (im on 3 a day)

and not going out is pretty much out of the question, im 20 years old and i have about 8 people begging me to come out and i love going out anyone else in the same boat?

thanks guys:D

oh right! :O thanks ill have a look at that i didnt realise :S

who says you can have a good nice dancing without drinking. i went out the other week till 4 in the morning was great to drive home from the club and get in my own bed instead of staying at a mates and no hangover!!

bridie said:
who says you can have a good nice dancing without drinking. i went out the other week till 4 in the morning was great to drive home from the club and get in my own bed instead of staying at a mates and no hangover!!

I went to a friends wedding with my OH last night. Had a great time and I drank water and tea. Had a great boogie, avoided the buffet and drove drunk OH home. He did say we could have got a taxi but I was a happy bunny!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

No hangover equals heaven! Also, have you tried the new white wine water flavouring? You could discretely add it to your fizzy water (not sure how discrete that would be able to be at my local!) or just stick to coke zero and get a buzz out of knowing you're losing loads of weight and will be Ble to fit into that amazing outfit and have a drink in a few weeks/months time! X

i have drank two bottles of vodka and coke zero over the last couple of weekends and still lost weight ...so i guess as long as you drink white spirit (not turps) and coke zero you will be ok ...

It's not the weight loss that's the issue!!!!!! It's how incredibly ill people get drinking in ketosis. Have you read the link on how badly it can affect people????

Just because it doesn't affect you please don't suggest people do it. You have no idea the effect it might have on them. By the sounds if it if you can drink 2 bottles of vodka then your system must be more used to alcohol than most. I couldn't drink that much not in ketosis and I can fairly hold my drink

Last edited:
Don't do it chellywelly! Far better to stand there like a stiff than be lying in hospital (and there is a good chance that could happen). I'm 26 and in the same boat as my friends do the same. But I've not drunk in 5 weeks. If I go to my local I have water (it just looks like a gin and tonic) but on a night out I do have diet coke which is not allowed but it's my choice as it doesn't effect ketosis for me.
I went to a wedding reception last night and had a fanastic time without booze. It can be done! And you can drive home and wake up without a hangover- it's fab!

Back