Help and Advice needed please

Hello All, last time I went to class was 30/06/09 and if I am honest whenn I was going my attempt was half hearted....that said I did lose nearly a stone so was please wth that....although I have probably put it all back on now !!! I have now decided that I must go back to class and deal with my weight problem once and for all and wondered what tips people can give me for best foods to eat, which plan to follow ? Read through the Extra Easy stuff today and it seems fab but just too good to be true. I am sorry for the long thread but and help or advice would be much appreciated xx

give extra easy a go.some ppl have fantastic results.
it's much easier and less to think about too.
you can have your syn free chicken curry with rice etc and not count it or use h/e boxes.
i'm sure once you've tried it you won't go back.
good luck x

give extra easy a go.some ppl have fantastic results.
it's much easier and less to think about too.
you can have your syn free chicken curry with rice etc and not count it or use h/e boxes.
i'm sure once you've tried it you won't go back.
good luck x

I get a bit stuck with thinking about EE, if you have syn free chicken curry and rice aren't you supposed to have a third of your plate with superfree foods? What would you have as your third of superfree food, I don't fancy the idea of salad with a curry. I also have avoided doing EE myself as I'm unsure about portion control, I just know that if I can eat loads of rice with curry I will, even if I'm feeling full just because I can. I think I prefer the 'safety' of red & green days as I now what I can and can't have!

I get a bit stuck with thinking about EE, if you have syn free chicken curry and rice aren't you supposed to have a third of your plate with superfree foods? What would you have as your third of superfree food, I don't fancy the idea of salad with a curry. I also have avoided doing EE myself as I'm unsure about portion control, I just know that if I can eat loads of rice with curry I will, even if I'm feeling full just because I can. I think I prefer the 'safety' of red & green days as I now what I can and can't have!

Okay how about having superfree fruit straight after it or as a starter and there you have your 1/3, and all depends what you putting in your curry, or maybe add veg to your rice with curry on top thats what i would do, or peas, springonion and mushrooms with rice, or mushrooms in the curry hths :)

I would say buy the new mag at class or in supermarket as it got 7 day menu plan and follow that on ee see how you go and there is new cookbook for it too and I bought today and some fab recepies. Good luck which ever one you try

EE works! It's easy to follow and you only have to weigh and measure your healthy extras. Go for it you only have your weight to lose!

I can't believe how great EE is, i have been doing SW on my own for 2 weeks and have been following EE. I've lost 4lbs last week and 5lbs this week!!
So it definately does work, and is so much better than red or green when it comes to making quick family meals (spag bol, mince and tatties,casseroles etc), everyone is eating the same meals with no complaints!!

Abbysmum, you only count the actual meat and the rice part of the dish as your two thirds. The superfree part is whatever goes into the curry to make the sauce - tomatoes, onions, stock and any veg or even fruit. I love adding mango near the end so it doesn't count as "cooked". So you easily account for the other third. Then you can add Indian salads as side dishes - raita, yoghurt dip etc. or have fruit as dessert. It soon adds up to more than a third of the total meal :D

You could have a salad as a starter. I sometimes have a salad while I am waiting for my meal to cook - stops me picking at other stuff if I am really hungry!

Quite often what i am cooking already has my third superfree in the shape of onions, peppers, tinned tomatoes, eggs etc. It's surprisingly easy to incorporate it in. Yesterday I had a triple decker burger but didn't want salad with it so had it on a bed of Quorn chilli- it felt like something really exciting yet the majority of my meal was superfree.

First of all - welcome back! It's hard to come back from a break so well done for being here and being so honest *hugs*

First of all, draw a line under the 'past SW' stuff. You cannot change what has happened, but you can change what does happen from now on. So, smile and face this as a new challenge :D

EE is giving good results so it's worth giving a go. Just make sure your consultant makes is very clear if you're used to the green/red scheme.

We're all here to support and help if you need it - you know already how GOOD SW can make you feel when you are going good. It'll be like that again soon I bet!

Good luck - welcome back and here's to a good week xxx

Welcome back to SW and good luck'n'stuff with Extra Easy - all the tips in this thread should be useful to you, and anyone else trying this plan, and remember that you can chop and change to red or green or back to EE at any time - as for the superfree foods - these speed up the plan and are NOT set in stone, most of the speed symbol veggies, and super speed symbol ones CAN be added into the main meals or you can eat plenty of free, speed and super speed fruits afterwards too!

The magazine and the Extra Easy cook book have lots of ideas for this plan - Best o'luck'n'stuff with your weightloss journey!

Back