Help and advice wanted please!

Glittergirl

Hi all!
As above want to hear your thoughts on my problem.
Basically got a stone to go till I get to goal, thought I'd be there by now been on cd for 4 months and have nearly lost 3stone which is great but a lot slower than I thought!
I tend to on average lose 2lbs a week which is less than everyone else's loses which tend to be 3/4lbs a week on ss.
This week I've started to feel hungry and dizzy I know this prob cause i'm closer to goal!
I'm thinking of leaving cd and losing the last stone or so with exercise and sw! The cost is also a factor as i've spent a lot of money now on cd with small loses that people lose on sw! I will go up the plans first!
Your thoughts are welcome!! xx

hi glittergirl, i'm really new here but having enjoyed relative sucess on both LL and SW diets in the past 2 years, i;d say stick where you are.. youre right, a stone isnt a lot to go and you've done really well to lose all that weight so far! if i were you i'd stick with it, get my head down and before you know it it'll be off. going to SW will mean putting on all your glycogen which if you think about it means ill likely weigh about 7lb meaning you'll have 1.5st to lose with SW and i know from exerience, can take months! i really think that as tempting as SW is with its 'unlimited' foods concept is a dangerous thing after being on such a restrictive diet as CD... i know i'd be like a bull in a china shop! what about WW if youre really going to stop CD? in my opinion a kcal controlled diet is much more sensible to build a healthy attitude to a normal diet. i love SW but only cos the pig in me tells me that i can pig out on pasta and longterm, i know that aint healthy..

good luck whatever you decide xxx

hi glittergirl,

well done for doing as well as you have you should be giving yourself a pat on the back, 2lb a week loss is whats recommended by the experts when you lose it slower youre less likely to regain.

only leave cd if youre ready to start watching what you eat and if you know you can control youre intake. if i were you maybe do the 810 plan for a couple of weeks see how you feel and it will be a little cheaper than ss.

good luck with whatever you choose to do xx

I'm with Minx on this one.

I 'defected' from CD to SW - and just as Minx said, all that free food went to my head - and my hips. :(

I also doubt very much that you'd achieve the same weight loss results on SW that you could on CD. It's more likely that your losses would slow to half to one pound a week - and again, as Minx said :D, initially you'd gain something like half a stone of glycogen plus water.

I'd stay on CD if I were you. There's a much better chance of you getting to the weight you want to get to by Christmas if you do.

As for the cost thing, I've always ended up spending a fortune on food when on SW - being on CD works out cheaper for me!

Also think CD is far cheaper

I think you've done really well losing 40 pounds in 3 and half months especially as you had quite a low start weight ...

I dont have whacking great losses every week...sometimes 1 pound.. then a 5 lol ..then a stay the same!! then a 3...im all over the place but works out a stone a month in the end

I feel you'll regret switching to SW but thats just my thoughts.

Good luck x

Thanks for your thoughts ladies.......I really dont know what to do!! The problem is if i go up a plan I'll prob lose even less each week so will take me even longer!
Melissa I'm already on 3 packs a day so wont be cheaper on 810!!
I just think my body is used to cd and will keep losing less!
I'm in two minds cause if i start going up the plans now it will take 7 weeks to maintance but if i stick to ss i'll reach my goal (hopefully) by then! I just feel confused I'm not feeling great at the mo on cd and i want to start exercising but if i do it on ss/810 theres a good chance of going into starvation mode, and lose nothing!!

It's difficult isn't it.

I notice you are short and I've found that people who are shorter tend to lose less. But, losses are still there and fat losses will continue on CD with 810 and lower.

Unfortunately because of your height, your weight losses are likely to be low regardless of diet. It's all calories in vs calories out regardless of diet, and the shorter you are, the more chance that calories out are likely to be lower.

SW is a good plan, but there's more to eat, so weight loss will be slower and more chances of plateaus etc even keeping with the plan.

Exercise is okay on any of the plans, but especially 810...just don't go mad. Gentle walks or swims. Resistance is fab if you go to a gym and wont cause a problem with 'starvation mode'.

If you want to move to SW, that's your choice obviously, but don't expect losses similar to others with a lot to lose/taller/at the beginning of the diet, because it doesn't work like that.

If you want to continue with CD but not feeling fab on SS increase it to SS+ or 810 and hang in there. At your height you will lose fat on those levels but the scales can be a bit iffy. Don't let it deter you, they'll move again.

Best of luck whichever you chose.

Hi glittergirl

From what I have read when you go up plans your weight loss kicks in again and you start to lose again, dont be disheartened.

I wish I had stayed on when I fell off thinking I could do it alone, I think we need the steps to complete and really understand about being healthy and making the right choices about food.

Hope it all goes well for you and you finish your journey happily and your way xx

Thanks everyone!
Will be seeing my cdc on weds and have a long chat with her!
Thanks KD for your thoughts on me being shorter/weight loss, never thought about it before! Its not fair!! If only i was a little bit taller!! :)

I got to goal with cd in May and went back to SW which is what i had been doing pre CD, initially i lost with sw but hit a wall and was eating nothing compared to others and NOT loosing the last 1 and a half stome so switched to CD, when i went back i put on about 4lb straight away which i was ok with as it took me to 10st so within my range, but after following it i am now back on cd after my weight has gone back up to 11st 1lb :(

I think the last stone is hard with any diet but if you work out 2lb off a week from not till xmas thats your goal as your xmas present :)

Back