Help and Advice

shona1968

Hi Guys
Ive done the Atkins a couple of times and really liked it but never more than 3 weeks.i found it really hard to know if i was doing it correctly and I think the last time i came out of ketosis and just didnt know why. Next week i will have done 4 weeks on the exante and am ready to have a food break. I either start introducing food or start the Atkins. iS it acceptable to come straight onto this diet ( i dont want to gain weight) and am I right that Im allowed 20 net carbs a day. Last time I couldnt work out how to count my carbs. Is a net carb what is already on the package.
Any advice would be welcomed. Ive just read the bloggs and my mouth was watering. Think i want to join and knowing this forum is here will be a massive help
Also i work as a nurse covering lots of sites and actually eating breakfast/lunch is hard which is why Ive been ok with Exante. I cant be cooking so any advice wat i could take for lunch / breakfast.
Finally, if i went for an Indian and had Tikka etc would that send me over my carbs with the marinade or would it be ok

OOoo 1 last thing is drinking the same as Exante that you can only drink sugar free drinks without citric acid eg can only have coke zero, peppermint tea etc

Thanks thanks thanks

Last edited:
You should be able to switch with few problems. You'll probably have a small gain just because you're switching to solid foods but this diet works so well it will be 100% worth it and I doubt you'll go back!

Net carbs are the carbs listed on the back of packaging. Fibre has already been deducted in the UK so count the total carb count it lists and check the portion size because many companies will list nutritional values for ridiculously small portions which no one would eat just to say something is low calorie, low fat, low carb, low sugar (choose your audience!). It's probably best to avoid sugar alcohols to begin with and read about them in your own time. Certain staples of this amazing diet like meat, fish, cheese and eggs are all 0 carb. Don't bother to count calories just monitor your carbs like your life depends on it.

Lunch/Dinner could be a wide range of things. I personally take an Atkins ready to drink shake (available from Boots, Sainsburys - 1.3g carbs) and a few cheesestrings. You could take cold meat, cheese, low carb pitta with filling, hard boiled eggs and loads more which i'm sure people will post about.

Not a big fan of Indian so i'm not sure about that, but I think it's ok. A quick google suggests the carbs are minimal so go for it!

As for Coke/Pepsi, Atkins says to avoid aspartame but many drink it without issue including me. Trying to give it up though...*takes a sip*

Good luck and post in the what are we eating today thread if you have any questions. People are always reading that so you should get a response quickly .

Thanks alot for your time. I begrudge putting on weight from this diet but i geuss it will always be like this. I cant express how much my mouth has watered when |Ive read what people are eating. xx bring on next week xx

Hi Shona, James has pretty much said it all, so welcome love and good luck

Back