Help - Any advice on preventing migraines while fasting?

TheCookieMonster

Padlocking the cookie jar
Hi,
I'm new to IF. yesterday was my first DD and was a bit of a disaster as it set off a really bad migrane which is only just starting to clear this eve. when ive done low carb and vlc diets ive always had probs with migranes when going into ketosis but once I got there was ok. I'm a little concerned that with IF I'm always going to be on the edge of ketosis on my down days and have a nightmare with the migranes.

does anyone else on here have migranes? Do they clear up after a while of IFing? Any tips for staving them off?
Any advice would be very gratefully received - I had really high hopes for IF and don't want to have to giv up before I've really got started.

Best,
Cookie

I have them normally reasonably frequently, when I was in full ketosis on a vlcd I was killed with them but not really been an issue whilst fasting, it's only 24-36 hours and you are eating carbs still maybe thats the difference

Are you drinking plenty of water? Maybe try and use your 500cal for small carby snacks throughout the day?

Can't say I suffer with them so I'm not much help but I know they can be extremely debilitating and painful so just do what feels right for you.

Maybe 24 hour fasting from say 17.00-17.00 might help?

X

Thanks for the suggestions!I ended up with four days of continuous migraines and have had to slightly shake up my plans in terms of
IF. usually once I get into ketosis the migranes clear up so I am going to try and combine IF with a low carby/ dukany type eating plan and see how that goes once I settle into it I might slowly up the carbs I allow myself and see how it goes...

Back