Help! Any ideas?

loved-up

Is determined and focused
Soooo I am now starting week 14, and I'm very pleased to have got here . But my weight loss has slowed down so much, I try to stay really positive and I know that any loss is better than none and there is no way I'm giving up, but I admit I am starting to feel a bit disappointed

Has anyone got any ideas on what I could do to help? My first big goal was to do 100 days 100% and I am on day 92:D so no matter what I am going to get to 100 days. But after that should I step up for a while? I don't want to but would it help boost things a little? Is there anything else that might get things moving again?

I have totally accepted I'm a slow loser and I'm ok with not losing the stone a month, but I don't want it to be as low as 7 or 8 pounds a month:sigh:

Maybe change diet?
If you do LT for a month you should in theory lose an extra 1-2lbs (because of the calorie deficit).
A little exersize could also help?

Otherwise how about seeing if you can maintain for a few months then attack it again - Get your body used to normal eating again then hopefully you'll lose faster again when you go back to it?

GL whatever you do! Your weightloss is still pretty good! It's only 6lbs short of 3 stones in 12 weeks - There are technically 13 weeks in 3 months... So you were only 4lbs short of 3stones in 3 months :)

All we can do is keep on the programme and tell ourselves that bodies are strange. Eventually the weight will come off - that's only logical. When my weight loss slows, I try to increase my exercise - walk a little bit further every week. The only goals I give myself are ones that are 100% in my control. eg walk 2 miles a day, stay 100% compliant today.

I've learned the hard way that to have a "goal" of Xlb per month, or size Y by Easter is just setting myself up for sadness. All I can suggest is to keep going, reward yourself for meeting the right kind of goals, accept it is a long process and that results will come in waves. If you keep going then in a year's time you WILL be smaller than if you give up.

I have shifted maybe 1/2lb in 2 weeks. However, in that time I have lost an inch off each of my waist and hips and a whole bag of "too small" clothes are now wearable. Like I said, bodies really are strange (weird, unpredictable, annoying, infuriating: I could go on.....)

Trust that you are doing the best you can. If it seems overwhelming then say to yourself each morning: TODAY I will walk to the park and back; today I will only eat 3 shakes plus my 2L of water. Tomorrow I will be one day closer to being smaller, even if the scales haven't caught up yet.

And keep coming back to this forum for support - and join in supporting some of the other members. Every time I answer a post, just writing down my thoughts helps me to remember that I too can do this.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the replies guys, and for the extra motivation:flowers:

I think you're both right that exercise is the logical way to boost things a bit, unfortunately I can t do any:( so other than that, I think I might just have to accept whatever numbers I'm given and carry on:)

I am still a little unsure what to do after my 100 days, I have been so focused on getting there I hadn't really properly planned what to do next:p my thinking at the moment though is to just jump into another 100 days as I still have a long way to go. Hmm something to think about, but for now I'm going to get to my 100 days and let myself feel proud of that...the old me would never have been able to do that:D

Several members have reported that their losses speed up a bit with AAM week - I think that a short period of AAM after your 100 days is only sensible (as you are supposed to have one every four weeks anyway). It may then give your metabolism a bit of a kick into losing again as you'll have food going through your system. Get planning those healthy meals! Are you drinking enough water to flush the ketones right through?

Maybe change diet?
If you do LT for a month you should in theory lose an extra 1-2lbs (because of the calorie deficit).
A little exersize could also help?

You dont actually lose more on LT than Exante. On a VLCD it doesnt matter if the calorie intake is 400, 600 or 700, anything under 800 is classed as a VLCD and has a similar result :)

Starlight - I know this is what they say but logically you lose fat due to calorie deficit?
So surely there should be a difference (same person under same conditions)...
May be small but scientifically it makes sense?

Im not sure why but it is but it does seem to be the case once you get under 800 cals. I guess when it's so few it doesn't work thecsame as when it's a higher amount for whatever reason. It's certainly backed up when you look at the losses people have on Exante and see theyre just as high as CD despite the 175 cal a day difference. people moving between diets never seem to report any difference

Would be interesting to know the science bit though :)

LT v Exante: I am losing more on Exante even with an aam every week than I did on LT. LT is horrible so I wouldnt recommend the change over.

I agree with Evil Weevil - Now I know I am only on week seven but I think an AAM is an absolute must. Try AAM for a week and then aam on night every week and see what happens.

Belle

I agree with giving the body a boost but be prepared that it might not happen immediately. I did WS for five days and STS when I weighed in. I then went away for 4 days and came off plan completely. This was planned and I had carbs, beer, ate out etc. I came back on TS on Tuesday and expected a gain but did a mid week weigh in today (normal weigh in day is Sunday) and I'm showing a loss which I really wasn't expecting!

Lol - I hope no men read this thread. It goes to show that not only are women's minds unfathomable but so are our bodies. :D

Thanks so much for the replies guys, and for the extra motivation:flowers:

I think you're both right that exercise is the logical way to boost things a bit, unfortunately I can t do any:( so other than that, I think I might just have to accept whatever numbers I'm given and carry on:)

I am still a little unsure what to do after my 100 days, I have been so focused on getting there I hadn't really properly planned what to do next:p my thinking at the moment though is to just jump into another 100 days as I still have a long way to go. Hmm something to think about, but for now I'm going to get to my 100 days and let myself feel proud of that...the old me would never have been able to do that:D

THIS IS A GREAT ATTITUDE TO HAVE. WELL DONE FOR STICKING TO YOUR PERSONAL CHALLENGE.:clap:
If I were you I would set another challenge as soon as your 100 days are up. My losses have been very slow, in fact I'm lucky if I now lose 4lbs a month but as you can see I have lost almost 6 stone and I'm determined to get to goal so I join challenges and carry on. I tried the AAMW on advice that it may boost things but sadly it made no difference so I now just carry on regardless and eventually I'll get there. You should do what your body tells you, don't go off the plan unless you need to it's much harder when you have to re-start. Your doing well, just stick with it no matter how long it takes and you'll get there...CS

Back