Help... anyone else had this???

minimay

Hi, I am on day 4 of LT. I have been reading that ppl are havin problems with going and have taken things like fibreclear. However i seem to be having the opposite problem. Everything seems to be going right thru me. Does this mean i am allergic to it?? I am so desperate to lose weight and i have been inspired by everyones weight loss here that i dont want to stop!! Sometimes i am ok and can hold it in, i thought as we are not havin solids that this was normal!?
Feel like crying!!
Minimay
x:cry::(

I wouldnt worry hun,it happened to me when i first started.Think it may be your body just adjusting or something.Just drink plenty of water x

When I first started I had this happen to me for about 2 days then I went back to normal. It didn't happen to me the first time I tried LT though, just this time. maybe hang on a few days to see if it settles down?

Thanks Vicky, I drink plenty of water now. I was beginning to think it was becos i drink too much water! Can i ask how long it lasted at the beginning for you? I am so happy to see your success and that you could carry on with LT even tho it happened to you. You just put that light back on at the end of my tunnel!! :) Thanks

This is perfectly normal!

Your pharmacist or doctor should have told you to expect it.

In the first week, as your body gets used to the new diet (for me it happened on day 3) you may go through a period where you get loose stool or feel like you have diarrhoea. This is temporary and will pass, most likely by day 7.

It is not because you are drinking too much water.

At the risk of TMI (too much information), let me quote from my weight loss diary for a sec (because I'm brutally honest in it).

"Now, the next bit is a bit disgusting, so I'm giving you fair warning... But hey, anyone on this program should know what to expect, including the bad...

While sitting and reading, I felt what at first, appeared to be a fart. And it wasn't. Eeeeewwww....

I went straight to the bathroom, and cleaned myself off, and took a very watery dump. I guess that is also to be expected, on a mostly fluid diet with no solids. I will have to be aware of this possibility especially in the office. Perhaps keep a spare pair of trousers/underpants in my car, in case of accidents... I might also want to try some of that Clear Fibre which they recommend as a supplement for this diet.. To keep the colon well maintained. Apologies for the grossness, but if I'm going to chronicle the good and the bad on this program, well, it had to be done."

So you see, I also thought it was something that might continue for a while, because my pharmacist was also a useless tosser.

In a nut shell, don't worry about it.

hey hun, I am on week three and get that problem too. I'm not really worried though i guess its all the water :)

cant say i have had the problem but its just a short phase and you will push through it (no pun intended)lol

Thanks for all your replies. I am going to keep on it, feel much better now. Just that i thought i would have to give up after 4 hard days....was told that i might b allergic to it and would have to stop.
x
Im sure i will be back on with loads of questions. Everyone keep up the good work... xx...first weigh in.. here i come!!

Hi minimay,

Some people can experience loose stools when starting the diet and this is due to the high concentration of vitamins and minerals in the diet.

As your body gets use to this it should pass.

It can help to take a teaspoonful of fibre clear once a day as this will help bulk out the stools and it is also good for constipation.

Another one is to take a full glass of water after your shake as this will help to dilute the minerals.

Also many find that instead of having three shakes a day to make six mini meals out of them.

Just make sure to make each half up fresh and consume within 15-20 minutes as some of the vitamins and are water-soluble.

If however you continue to have diarrhoea it is very possible you could be lactose intolerant as the shakes contain skimmed milk and some people might not be able to digest the lactose in milk products.

Love Mini xxx

hiya dont worry about it it will pass in a few days as the others have said its just your body adjust to more nutrients than what its used before lt

keep focused on the bigger picture and dont let these little hurdles get in the way of a fantastic diet and the start of a new eating regime

xx Sharron

Your body could be just passing out all the muck out of your system, kinda like cleaning you out.

I wish I went like that, I'm lucky to go at least once a week.

any consolation hun -don't think I have been for 10 days - Drunk all the water and had two senokot tabs.

I think if you were alergic to it you would be having alot worse symptoms..

Ive only been twice, but they arent like normal if you get me lol!!

It should be fine!!!

And john im sorry i think i love you!! lol i love your brutal honesty!!! Its amazing to see a person who doesnt care and tells the bare truth!! Not many people like that left in the world!!

Back