HELP...(AS USUAL!!)

RED

Right heres the deal...I am struggling big time!! I have SS b4 and lost over 8st... I done LL in its pilot stage b4 it was even called LL so Im an ole Veteran...but I cannot get my head around it this time!!
I have been married coming up to 6 yrs I was nearly 25st when I married:eek::eek:...and after a year of beating myself up (cos hubby is a DJ and I wouldnt go anywhere with him) I decided enough was enough and started CD... got my self down
14st 11 was fit as a fiddle...gym 6 days a week!!
Next thing I know I need IVF...was told to loose 2 stone or they wont refer me...well that was it I got depressed!! I managed to stay stable at around 15st then other factors kicked in...and that was that....i am now 21st 7!! I am tryin so hard to get back into it...i have to do race for life in 8 weeks...I am freaking out cos I dunno if i can even do it...I cant even breath when i get to the top of the house let alone do 5k!!
I have things coming up and I know I will spoil them if i dont get this weight under manners!!
I am going to Jamaica in Oct...i dont wanna sit and cry on the beach fully dressed...I've been there...right now i am wearing a winter coat in this weather!!
Hubby will have things to play out at and I cant start that old **** up again...crying on the night cos i dont have nice clothes!! OMG HELP!!!
I know once i get through a week I'll be ok...but I cant get through a day at the moment!! I get close then flop!!

Hi Red
Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. We all know exactly where you are coming from. I was meant to go to JA but refused to go unless i can wear what i want - the result is i havent been back for 6yrs now:mad:

But it sounds to me like you can do it, you have done it before and can do it again. When are you finding it most difficult? Have you tried drinking more water? I started this diet drinking either 8 or 9 litres a day and i had no problems at all it was really easy.

Maybe you need to do something to take your mind off it as well. What about a good book?

Hey Naomi...
I'm doin a maths degree at the moment...I have been out of study for about 12 yrs so its doin my head in LOL
That should be enough to take my mind off the food...but as soon as it gets hard...I eat!!
The water isnt a prob...i get through that at work...around 4 ltrs...i need to get out of the emotional eating...my hubby seems oblivious to the whole thing..he knows the severity of the issue but always 'SLIPS UP' and brings in food and snacks...'OOOOH I FORGOT'....and u know how it is sometimes u dont need much encouragement to eat!!!

Hey Red,

Perhaps it would be easier if you broke yourself in gently, maybe start on one of the higher plans eg. the 810 plan, then once you've done a week on it, go onto SS...?

As for the Race for Life, you don't have to run, you can walk it, or do a combination of running/walking. I'm signed up to do it too, they should have emailed you various training programmes to improve your fitness? Don't look at it as an impossible task, you can do it. Plus remember Race for Life is about raising money for charity, its not about running it in an olympic style, you can do it at your own pace.

Hey Red, dont sound so down sweetheart.

As you said you have done this before and remember how you felt when you lost all the weight before.

I think you are really brave for doing the race, I could not do something like that, if you are the type of person that can put themselves forward for that , then you are the type of person that can do really well at this too.

Stay positive hon and fingers crossed

(by the way this is my second day of SS and I just took my little sis to get hot belgian waffles - the ride back was not pleasant!!!:jelous:)

Hey Red! I am so chuffed you came back to ask for help, as I remember you being so fab for me when I did LL last year. I lost 8 stone, got from 20 to 12, then after the "I can do this on my own" phase went horribly wrong I joined CD at just over 15 stone.

So far, yes I am losing, but I tbh I have not had a perfect, text book week yet. The thing is, I keep posting & reading on here, and the support is phenomenal. It tells me that I am not alone and neither are you.

You know you have it in you to do this, you have already proven it to yourself. From what I hear most CDCs are fantastic with the support they offer. Sit down with yours and open your heart to her, I am sure that she will then offer the CD plan that is right for you. Maybe, as Yvonne said, SS is not the best start for you. Perhaps a gradual start is what it will take to get you into diet mode once again. Also, try a long chat to hubby,explain that this is really something you need to do & that you would really value his support. Tell him that whilst understanding he loves you, these foodie treats are really sabotaging your attempts to do something for you (& him). I am sure he will understand.

As for Race for Life, dont worry about it. I agreed to do it last year, at my slimmest. When I finally signed up this year, I had every intention of being back at 12 st, and of training hard. My "Race" is two weeks today, I am not slim, I huff & puff if I run, my new Nike running shoes (bought for training) still look pristine......

I am going to walk it, with some buddies, under the instruction that if I am too slow for them, they must go off ahead. I am so worried as our local race is very hilly......Enough said!! If I can, you can.

PM me if you want to chat. I know you will do this, sweetie!

LOLxxxx

Just thought I'd say sorry you are having a tough time. Sez seems to have loads of great suggestions. We all understand where you are coming from, share your thought on here often, it really helps.

Hey Red,

Perhaps it would be easier if you broke yourself in gently, maybe start on one of the higher plans eg. the 810 plan, then once you've done a week on it, go onto SS...?

As for the Race for Life, you don't have to run, you can walk it, or do a combination of running/walking. I'm signed up to do it too, they should have emailed you various training programmes to improve your fitness? Don't look at it as an impossible task, you can do it. Plus remember Race for Life is about raising money for charity, its not about running it in an olympic style, you can do it at your own pace.
Honestly I would love to do the 810 plan and eas my way into SS..but I have an all or nothing problem...I've tried so many times and end up binging!! I know once I get through a day...then I get through another then another etc. Its just to get through the 1st...then the 1st week...then its a breeze for me...
I understand what u mean about the Race for Life...Its just i feel like a bit of pressure is building up as I didnt really think about it...I just signed up!! I'm sure I'll be ok on the day:)...Thanx for advice xx

Hey Red, dont sound so down sweetheart.

As you said you have done this before and remember how you felt when you lost all the weight before.

I think you are really brave for doing the race, I could not do something like that, if you are the type of person that can put themselves forward for that , then you are the type of person that can do really well at this too.

Stay positive hon and fingers crossed

(by the way this is my second day of SS and I just took my little sis to get hot belgian waffles - the ride back was not pleasant!!!:jelous:)

Thanx for that Elena...dunno how u coped with the waffles!!! LOL LOL:eek:

Hey Red! I am so chuffed you came back to ask for help, as I remember you being so fab for me when I did LL last year.

Reading that forced me to think back to how I was feeling back then when I was strong enough to support others...reminding myself that i could do it...even though I have a loud voice screaming at me saying I cant!!

Thanx for that reminder!!:D

Hi Red
How is everything going now?

Still fighting it Naomi!! I still havent managed a full day:mad: but i feel Im gaining strength!!! Thanx for asking!!:)

Keep on going and you will get there in the end:D

Back