help asap going shopping!!

Kim&Leah

Silver Member
hope you don't mind me posting.
I fancy giving dukan a go and want to lose 2 stone before my holiday in march so I have roughly 6 or 7 months.
Ive ordered the book but as I'm going shopping today I need to get the food in.

I love chicken, eggs and seafood... is tuna allowed, and what about seafood sticks??
Ham... is it wafer thin ham you're allowed and is it unlimited??

Beef - I don't really eat red meat but will try sliced beef, is that allowed?

What oats are allowed, can someone give me brand name of what you use please?

fat free dairy - cottage cheese is it unlimited?
And can I use herbs/spices?

Lastly, how many fat free yogs a day? Thank you

hope you don't mind me posting.
I fancy giving dukan a go and want to lose 2 stone before my holiday in march so I have roughly 6 or 7 months.
Ive ordered the book but as I'm going shopping today I need to get the food in.

I love chicken, eggs and seafood... is tuna allowed, and what about seafood sticks?? tuna is allowed - all seafood is. sticks limited to 8 per day
Ham... is it wafer thin ham you're allowed and is it unlimited??- get the lowest fat ham you can find

Beef - I don't really eat red meat but will try sliced beef, is that allowed?
- yes roast beef slices (make sure under 5% fat if possible)
What oats are allowed, can someone give me brand name of what you use please? you will need oatbran and wheatbran. mornflake do the oatbran (its with the porridge oats as is the wheatbran - make sure you dont get anything other than oatbran) tesco do their own

fat free dairy - cottage cheese is it unlimited? - has to be very low fat cottage cheese and not the one with pineapple
And can I use herbs/spices?yes yes yes use lots of herbs, spices, curry powder for marinating with yoghurts (check no sugar added though)

Lastly, how many fat free yogs a day? Thank you
- unlimited toffee/vanilla ones, fruit ones are limited to 2 per day

Dont forget fat free fromage frais or quark to make your galettes with oatbran (if you are going to)
Skimmed milk too
also on attack you can use shallots for cooking (but not much)

thanks vicky... is the skimmed milk unlimited?

hi no its limited . Ive looked in book and cant find out how much though lol.
hopefully someone will help later unless i can find out x

Thank you.. off to google galettes.. never heard of them!

Hiya!!:D

I believe the skimmed milk is 250mls per day although it doesn't mention this in the book as far as I know (it doesn't appear to mention quite a few of the limitations in the book, in my view which sorta pi**es me off:mad:).

I'm sure someone will correct the amount if I'm wrong, the ladies and gents on here are a wealth of Dukan knowledge:p.

Good luck!!

thank you.. i got fromaige frais (sp) less than 1% fat is this ok?? how much of it can i use as its a big pot.. and also how much quark?

the rule I've read re: dairy is no more than 1L a day.... this includes ALL dairy....

under 1% fat is fine if you can't get lower :)...hope this helps x

thanks.. and the oats i got was mornflake superfast oats am i right?

not sure re: mornflake.... it has to be specified as OATBRAN... so if it's like porridge oats or rolled oats... then it's no good...

there's science to the oatbran (it's a fat flusher/cholesterol buster)... and is non-negotiable on this diet

I swear by it now even when I've fallen off the wagon - I think it's saved me putting on extra weight... :)

oh buggar re the oats!
Thank you sarah :)

you're welcome :D

re: the oats - few people have had trouble finding them, got mine on ebay and haven't had to buy anymore yet, so I'm at a loss as to what to advise re: brands or what the packets look like...know someone mentioned an orange mornflake one called oat sprinkles or something like that....

sorry can't help more x

Hi - yes superfast oats are deffo no no.
looks like you will need to go to shop agan!

Ok so i'm going tesco later... what is it i need to look for??

oatbran. :) not oat anything else. they do their own version in the healthy section x

spanx chicken :)

no problemo babe xxx

you were doing Atkins werent you? what happened?

Yeah I was.. I found the carb counting too confusing and I fancied a change.. I like the idea of being allowed dairy.
Anyway, I got tesco brand oatbran.. should be right, 99p lol

hi there kim&leah ,im also in blackburn was nice to see someone from my neck of the woods ,morrisons sell the oatbran in the porridge section and tesco quite near to the tills lol asda do not sell !!

good luck with trying this diet !!

and my i say you have 2 beautiful little girls there !!

Back