Help Cambridge/Atkins

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Naturally_Stush, 12 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Naturally_Stush

Naturally_Stush Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone, I started the Cambridge Yesterday, and I was wondering if having a bit of turkey or meat will slow down weight loss? Please help....is there ANYTHING that if I was desperate I could eat??

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shazza2971

shazza2971 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(10.99%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Have you looked through the leaflet your CDC gave you, there is SS+ were you can have a little protein and green veg for one meal. I did this first week and lost 7lb, so the weight loss is still good.

SS is best if you have the will power to obstain from eating, I haven't yet.

Good Luck

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

why not split your packs out so that you have half pack at a time. I find this helped me when I thought I needed to eat something. Remember that once you are in ketosis you won't have the same urges to eat so just focus on getting through the first few days for now. Once you are in ketosis you can use CD to learn to distinguish between genuine physical hunger and emotional hunger/cravings/habit.

The first days can seem tough but the rewards are huge. Personally, I did 100% ssing for 100 days because I wanted to get to the end as soon as possible. I didn't eat anything other than the packs and kept telling myself in the first few days that it wouldn't last, I just needed to get through the first 3 or 4 days.

good luck

5. Naturally_Stush

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Shazza,
    thanks for the reply, yes I've read the booklet, I intially went in thinking I would do that plan.... but decided to TRY an Sole Source! It's sooooo hard I've chewed so so much gum! I dont No what to do it's only my second day!

6. Naturally_Stush

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Dancing, Maybe I will do that...i cant bear to drink anymore water today! Is there nothing at all that I could eat? Couldn't I do a atkins/cambridge approach to dieting?

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

some people find that chewing gum increases their feelings of hunger - maybe have a sip water slowly throughout the day instead of chewing gum?

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

you could do whatever diet you want to do. What attracted you to CD in the first place. Why are you thinking about trying something else so soon? You are feeling hungry - it will pass. I believe you have to want to achieve the end results very much (almost be desperate) to be able to do CD ... that is just my opinion. It is both the easiest and the hardest diet in the world.

Why did you choose CD ssing and what has changed (apart from feeling hungry which you know will pass)?

9. Naturally_Stush

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I chose CD...Sole Source because I have 4-5 stones to lose and I felt that if I was going to do it...i had to do it 'properly'. Yesterday was ok....today my stomach has been grumbling and talking to me. No amount of water helps, and the chewing gum has just stopped me from raiding the cupboards.

What really set em off was making my son's dinner southern fried chicken bits. Mmmmmm

Im usually someone that can go months without meat or poultry...Now thats all that I want! Im finding myself wanting to change to Atkins!

My other problem is that I cant sleep when hungry!

HELP!

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

bless you. You only need to get through today. keep yourself occupied. Have a look at the inspiration slide show (at the top of the screen in the blue area). This may be the worst day for you. Day 2 was my worst day. If this is the worst for you ... would you keep going? I bet you would. So, go look at the inspiration slide show and see how you feel in the morning. I'll be looking for a post from you to see how you are doing

11. Naturally_Stush

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank u, thank u Dancing!
    I watched it, I think I may have to replay it once every ten minutes LOL!
    I wonder if NYTOL works! I need to sleep the hunger away!
    Thanks for your words of advice and encouragement. I will defo update you tomorrow.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.