Help!!! Can anyone tell me if i am doing it right????

[h=2][/h]
Hi to all

i am pretty new to all this, have not joined a club as i have tried that before and it did not work.

OH cooks the majority of my main meals for me, he uses recipes from Red/Green and Easy days but my daughter keeps telling us we are doing it wrong, but I am losing weight as i will show below, and another weigh in tomorrow.

First my weight
Started Wed 2nd Jan 2013 Weight 15st 2lb 1/4oz
Wed 9th Jan 2013 Weight 14st 13lb 1/4oz loss of 3lb
Wed 16th Jan 2013 Weight 14st 11lb 1/4oz loss of 2lb

I try and do 20mins on the treadmill 5 days a week and between 50-60 sit-ups afterwards.

Next weigh in Tomorrow, so back to my food diary

on waking warm water and lemon slice

Breakfast Scott’s porridge made with water and 2 x Satsuma’s

Lunch 2 x weight watchers malted bran bread with 1 x laughing cow extra light cheese spread on each and sliced cooked beetroot

Afternoon snack fun size mars bar from freezer

Dinner GD recipe for Chunky sausage casserole, swapped oxo for knorr beef stock, with Brussel spouts, Green leaf cabbage and broccoli

evening snack will be Muller light Yeogurt and a large orange

i drink warm lemon water most of the day?

I am not sure what Syns this is for the day or if i am doing it wrong as my daughter says but your comments and help will be appreciated.​

What day you doing fairy? Green/Extra Easy? :)

Hi Elle,

many thanks for your reply

I have been doing the Extra easy,but really a combination of all three,just weighted myself and lost another 2 1/2lbs

how do i set one of them tickers up you have please :)[h=1][/h]

Hi Elle,

many thanks for your reply

I have been doing the Extra easy,but really a combination of all three,just weighted myself and lost another 2 1/2lbs

how do i set one of them tickers up you have please :)
Hi fairy, congratulations on your weight loss. I don't think you can do a combination of all plans, it's either Green/Extra Easy or Original. On the Green/Original plan you can have more healthy extra A's & B's than on an Extra Easy plan. Whatever your doing your losing weight, so your doing something right. Do you write in your diaries too, that will help also. Let me to write what a typical Extra Easy Day for me is:
FREEFOODS: Your free foods (meat, potatoes, pasta, cupboard staples etc)
Coffee, Sweetner, Eggs, Mullerlight , Salmon, CousCous, Veg Stock, Herbs & Spices, Potatoes, Extra Lean Minced Beef.

SUPERFREE: (Fruit & Veg)
Strawberries, Blueberries, Kiwi, Peas, Mixed Steamed Vegatables, Tomatoes (Fresh & tinned) Onions, Garlic.

HEA: (your dairy etc)
250mls semi skimmed milk

HEB: (your bread, crispbreads & cereals etc)
2 x 400g loaf warburtons wholemeal bread

SYNS:
Sugar x 3 (3syns), 10g lurpak lightest (2syns), 25g Cheddar (5 syns)

Hope this helps you out. :)

As for the ticker this link will give you instructions : http://www.minimins.com/video-tutorials/174449-setting-up-ticker.html Hope this helps fairy :)

Hi my sw consultant saysyou can mix EE Green and Original days a day at a time or if you mix the plans you all in one day thats fine too just remember to only have 1 HX A and B as long as your snacks are super free or synd.
:D

You will need to be more specific hun

How much porridge do you have and is it plain? Its only 35g for a HEB so any more or flavoured ones would need to be synned.
The bread needs to be synned - 2.5 syns per slice so 5 syns there plus 1 syn for each laughing cow cheese
Funsize mars bar = 4 syns
Which sausages did you use in the casserole - there will be syns there and potentially quite high if they are not a low fat one

So you are at 11 syns plus any more for porridge and sausages
You are getting your superfree in so well done on that but you still need to have a HEA.

Laughing cow extra light are a HEA option but you are supposed to have 6 of them

Do you have the books? It will be pretty impossible to do the plan properly without them.Or perhaps think about joining online if youreallydo not want to go to group xx

How much porridge do you have and is it plain? xx

I have a 30g sashet of original porridge every morning made with water not malk and no sugar or sweetener

i have now planned to take my OH (as he is the chef lol) to a group tonight to hopefully sort out the best way for me to progress and maybe lose a little extra weight each week, although too much loss too fast could also be be the wrong way?

thank you for your comments and help

I have a 30g sashet of original porridge every morning made with water not malk and no sugar or sweetener

i have now planned to take my OH (as he is the chef lol) to a group tonight to hopefully sort out the best way for me to progress and maybe lose a little extra weight each week, although too much loss too fast could also be be the wrong way?

thank you for your comments and help

The oats so simple sachets are not a healthy b - are you counting them as one?

Defo a good idea to take your OH with you imo

The oats so simple sachets are not a healthy b - are you counting them as one?

Defo a good idea to take your OH with you imo

The OP said it was Scott's porridge, so I imagine that'd be a bit different-granted it wouldn't be enough as a heB, but only by 5g :)

i will send him round the shop to pick one up thank you

he does not need to join as he is losing weight with illness so do not want him to waste away, although healty eating can not be a bad thing

If you are using Scotts porridge and having it plain with water, it is SO much cheaper to buy a box than the sachets. Why does your daughter say you are doing it wrong? There are some things you need to watch out for, as other people have already mentioned, but you seem to be heading in the right direction. And going to a group will get you the latest books and information, which will be helpful.Good luck

Which sausages did you use in the casserole - there will be syns there and potentially quite high if they are not a low fat one

xx
I forgot to mention that they were Quorn sausages as per the recipen from slimming world

Xx

If you are using Scotts porridge and having it plain with water, it is SO much cheaper to buy a box than the sachets. Why does your daughter say you are doing it wrong? There are some things you need to watch out for, as other people have already mentioned, but you seem to be heading in the right direction. And going to a group will get you the latest books and information, which will be helpful.Good luck

i am not sure why she says the things she does, but i gets me worried that i am working hard for nothing, lookinmg forward to taking OH to meeting he understands it all better than me lol

thank you for your support and comments

Okay, I've just added some note to your 1st post in italics- should help you out x

Breakfast Scott’s porridge made with water and 2 x Satsuma’s - This is your 1 Healthy B for the day

Lunch 2 x weight watchers malted bran bread (synned - I think 6 for 2 slices of bread) with 1 x laughing cow extra light cheese spread (again synned - 1 syn each) on each and sliced cooked beetroot

Afternoon snack fun size mars bar from freezer (4 syns - love the idea of putting thme in the freezer BTW!)

Dinner GD recipe for Chunky sausage casserole, swapped oxo for knorr beef stock (oxo cubes are fine as well), with Brussel spouts, Green leaf cabbage and broccoli (Quorn sausages are 1 syn each. The L:inda McCartney Red Onion ones are free for next time)

evening snack will be Muller light Yeogurt (All free as long is it wasn't one with a layer or spinkles on it) and a large orange .

You didn't have your Healthy A hun - need to make sure you have this. 6 of the Laughing cow extra lights are a Healthy A....

i am not sure why she says the things she does, but i gets me worried that i am working hard for nothing, lookinmg forward to taking OH to meeting he understands it all better than me lolthank you for your support and comments
Don't worry about a thing. You are going about things the right way - you want to get it right, you have the help and support you need, and you are getting the right information. And of course, you have this forum where you can ask all the questions you want to.And no-one here will say "you're doing that wrong" without explaining why and how to get it right!

Back