Help!Can someone please shed some light??!!

rachy1986

Hi guys!
I finished on the Cambridge weight plan a week ago today and have since been on a low carb diet and doing the 30day shred everyday.I am going over no more then 1200 calories.
When I came off the Cambridge diet I weighed in a 12st 11lb and this morning I weighed myself and I was 13st 5lb!!!!!!!!!!!
To say I am p**sed off is an understatement!!!!Has anybody else had experience of this???
Can someone shed some light as to what on earth has gone on?I was hoping the scales were going to show something like 12st 7lbs!!Not +8lbs!!!!
Any info gratefully appreciated!
xx

Hi,

I came off the cambridge diet yesterday after 6 days of hell, but 7lbs lighter.:devilangel:

I have decided to limit my calorie intake to below 800 per day and have pretty much zero carbs, this should keep my body in a state or ketosis and at the moment it is as my mouth still tastes disgusting and my breath stinks.

I'm a bit of a slave to my scales and jump on them every morning and after having a sunday roast yesterday (meat and veg only, no spuds) I was surpised to see another 1lb off this morning, whether this will continue I will need to wait and see! This was however, my only meal of the day.

I am trying to keep all my eating to before 5pm to give my body time to digest the food and I will also be picking up my regular running routine which I had to give up while on CD as I had no energy whatsoever and was constanly light headed and dizzy.

I'll keep you posted with my progress, to see if this works!.

Tweed x

Tweed said:
Hi,

I came off the cambridge diet yesterday after 6 days of hell, but 7lbs lighter.:devilangel:

I have decided to limit my calorie intake to below 800 per day and have pretty much zero carbs, this should keep my body in a state or ketosis and at the moment it is as my mouth still tastes disgusting and my breath stinks.

I'm a bit of a slave to my scales and jump on them every morning and after having a sunday roast yesterday (meat and veg only, no spuds) I was surpised to see another 1lb off this morning, whether this will continue I will need to wait and see! This was however, my only meal of the day.

I am trying to keep all my eating to before 5pm to give my body time to digest the food and I will also be picking up my regular running routine which I had to give up while on CD as I had no energy whatsoever and was constanly light headed and dizzy.

I'll keep you posted with my progress, to see if this works!.

Tweed x

Personally I wouldn't go absolutely zero carb as you could find yourself stalling, even on cd you take in atleast 40g a day, atkins is 20g a day, even dukan recommends taking in a small amount of carbs in the form of vegetables on alternating days to keep your metabolism ticking over!

Just my thoughts anyway, hope you find a plan that works for you :) x

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

That's a shame Tweed. I wouldn't recommend the Atkins diet to anybody. It gave me gallstones. Maybe I had a predisposition to them but they certainly caused them I think. I am giving it my best effort to stick with the Cambridge for three weeks. But that's the Sole Source plus. Only did the SS for one day with 4 packs. I did hopeless on weight watchers, tried slimming world and that was so slow. But I can understand if you do run and things that you will have no energy for that. I had a book once called no Carbs after five. That was quite good. And a friend lent me the Dukon diet. She lost 7 lbs in a week but didn't have very much to lose. But I didn't like the sound of it much!! Best of luck with your weight loss.

Thanks for messages of concern...:flowers:

When I said zero carbs I meant a small amount, I am including salad and veg with meals, but the meals are now very small as my stomach has shrunk so much through CD, I've also got some multi vits and minerals so I won't suffer from a shortage in those areas.

Tweed x

Yeah I agree, it was glycogen regain plus the body readjusting to a higher calorie intake. It will settle down in no time. The thing is to hang on in there and not panic! If need be avoid the scales for a week or two. That way you won't get very down cos that could lead to you eating more lol.

Hello All,

When I finished first time - I put on about 8lbs over the weeks as I was building back up to eating normally.

The thing that kept me going was that I could still fit into all my new clothes.............. so I knew I actually hadn't put on fat - just water weight.

If you can still fit in your clothes - don't worry!!!

I am now back two years later to do it all again (packed up smoking and had a tough break up and comfort ate all the way).

So glad you got to your goals xxxxxxxxxxx

It's just your fat cells filling with water again. Cd reduces the amount if water in the fat cells (they can hold up to 3 times their own content). Cd then burns the fat whilst on ketosis. The fat cells reduce. When you eat again they will fill up and it depends on each person to how much. 8lb would seem to be your standard water retention. It will go again.

Back