Total Solution Help! Confused - Coke zero or Sainsbury cola zero and sainsburys flavoured water

rjr16uk

Hi Guys,

Any help very apreciated!

hope everyones doing well, I have a question I hope someone can help with. I know alot of you have coke zero on TS and all seem to be fine, today I bought sainsburys cola zero which obviously has no citric acid etc etc HOWEVER - it does state per 250ml it has 2 cals and 0.1g of sugar, so lets say an average class is 450mls (come on we all know it is!) round that up at 4 cals and 0.2g sugar is that right? Anyhow obviously coke zero has 0 sugar and cals but does contain aspartme which sainsburys one doesnt so Im a little confused which is best to remain in ketosis, Im concerned about the sugar in the cola zero, can anyone shed any light?

Also a similar question which I know has been talked about hundreds of times before but no one seems to have touched on this, there now seems to be a lack of flavoured water that contains no citric acid, I did find one today in sainsburys "Sparkling blackcurrent & Cherry" which is lovely again HOWEVER it contains 5 cals and 0.5g of sugar per 250ml, so again on a full glass around 10cals and 1g of sugar, so Im at a complete loss what to do ? I have had a glass of both tonight but on reflection think in the long run both are a bad choice? Tesco have changed all their flavoured water so dont know what else to have?
I really cannot stomach another few months of water, shakes and bars, I just need a little taste of something else, can anyone help??:confused:

I dont think that having a tiny bit of sugar and a few calories is going to make a difference to being in ketosis, but that's just my guess. It's citric acid that's the big bad and will knock you out of ketosis.

I know you dont want to drink the water straight but honestly you get used to it. Exante do have some water flavourings but you're supposed to limit those as they contain carbs.

Rjr16uk I'm having the same problem with drinking enough I hate hate the water and can't find any without citric acid :(

One thing I invested in when I did LL three years ago was a soda stream. I couldnt stand all that still water, but adding some bubbles and then mixing in some of the drink mix was a lifesaver. I've had my soda stream over three years, and to be honest it's a godsend for me, and I'm using it it even more now I'm back on exante, as you can make a few bottles of fizzy water and then chill them in the fridge.

Another thing I do is make iced tea - one normal teabag flashed in some hot water. One teaspoon peach drink mix, (plus I add some sweetener) pour into a bottle, chill, serve over ice. Not bad...

Back