Help cooking my tea now but got a query about noodles.

vicky_77

I am cooking Kes recipe the chow mein and all i have got is Sharwoods medium egg noodles.

They 2.1g per 100g or 1.3g each 125g serving cooked (is that right the fat goes down because they are cooked?) BUT the ingredients are Wheat Flour, Egg (5.5%), Salt, Acidity regulator, Potassium carbonate.

It is ok to use as they have eggs in them?? I really dont want any side effects as havent had any upto now :cry:

Thank you all if you could make sure they are the ones to use as i have never cooked or used noodles before!

Yes, they are fine. In 'ready made' stuff, dont worry about the ingredients. As long as they are ok in the nutritional column, then your ok.

Some people get away with whole egg, so don't. But when its added to something like this, it is totally ok to have.

ETA - the fat doesnt go down because they are cooked, its the amount. Noodles weigh a lot more cooked than dry. So if you do 100g of dry noodles and then weigh it after it will nearly double in weight.

And those noodles are the right ones to have. I hope i have answered all your questions. x

Back