Help Crab and Prawns!

moggy

Hi,

I have been on sole source plus for a few weeks and am getting so bored of turkey breast and tofu. It says that we can have any white fish..does that include crab and prawns? I left a message with my counsellor but she didn't get back to me yet with the answer. X

no shellfish

Why not buy some haddock/cod etc and do a wrapped parcel with your veggies?

Hi,

I have been eating crab and prawns all week as I was so bored of the tofu and chicken and I have stayed in dark purple ketosis. I have stopped now as I don't want anything to effect my losses but it didn't take me out of ketosis and I lost 4 lbs this week. x

Women are supposed to have about 2000 calories a day and at the moment, most of us are existing on under 500 - so even with a few prawns (so long as they are not in batter!!!) the calorie intake is still exceptionally low and cant do much harm. They may be salty but isn't that just about fluid retention as opposed to fat?

I'm not advocating deviation I just don't think we should get twisted out of shape over 'expanding' the menu from time to time - calorie intake is still well below and carb intake almost non existant.

P.S.

p.s. If you are in 'dark ketosis' this would suggest that you are dehydrated - you need to watch that an up the fluids.

Can you get something to test if you are in ketosis?
Thanks

You can get Ketostix from the chemist.

Some chemists are suspicious of selling them to 'chubby chicks' though so I say they are for my mother in law!!!

What's a little fib on my way to fab?!

p.s. If you are in 'dark ketosis' this would suggest that you are dehydrated - you need to watch that an up the fluids.

Or you are dumping your ketones as your body now has extra food for fuel, don't forget ketones are what your body/brain uses for energy.

Or it could be you personally produce so many ketones that your body can afford to dump some extra. Thats the "overspill" you see in your urine.

More likely to be dehydrated with the salt content in the seafood.

Thanks Possum x

Back