help! crap results but soldiering on...

Chocoholica

Hey guys,

I was hoping you could give me some support as i feel a bit demotivated by my recent results (-4lbs over two weeks):(

I was struck down with a bad kidney infection and put on augmentin which knocked me out, I also had my TOTM - both over last 2 weeks which is why i only got weighed in yesterday.

I've lost an unremarkable 4 pounds during that time. However I have got over the infection and TOTM etc which is the main thing.

I also want to eat (craving meat/fish) and am thinking of moving to refeed soon as i didn't lose much these last 2 weeks but...

I have started exercising a lot more than I used to which i'm happy about. I'm already much fitter (and slimmer). I reckon i'm gaining muscle mass along the way. Pharmacist believed this (and the above) has impacted on the results.

Anyone have any thoughts on this as my loss was pretty crap for all the effort:confused:

My feelings are that
1) a loss is a loss
2) muscle replacing fat is good regardless of numbers on scales
3) next week will be better

Any support or encouragement you guys have for me would be really appreciated:eek:

Thanks a mil

Fi

x

how much are you exercising? you are really low calories all ready if you are burning too much your body could be going into starvation mode!

exercise

i don't think i've been exercising excessively so far.
started cycling to and from work everyday (totals about an hour)
walking the dog for between an hour and hour and a half every eve
hiking for a few hours at the weekends and long cycles to places instead of driving etc
work has also become more physical lately (taking groups to do outdoor sports which i'm joining in with unlike before)
restarting gym this week too

I agree with Kels. Too much exercise (especially cardio) can knock you into starvation mode. AN hours cycling, 1-1 1/2hrs walking and hiking at the weekend- thats not gentle toning exercise- thats hard work!!

Also watch your wter intake- too much can flush the nutrients the shakes provide out of your system before you get the benefits- I really think thats what happened in my case?

As for motivation- look at my ticker! I was so ready to throw in the towel after the last few weeks, but after this mornings WI I'm back on track and ready to get rid of the last stone!

irishmum

Thanks Irishmum - i've looked at your results and can see what you were referring to. Congratulations on your recent loss!
I will be careful with the water intake but you need a lot more when you're active so I'm not sure how to keep the balance:confused:
I thought the exercise wasn't hard work - I used to be a really active person until a few years ago so I'm just feeling like myself again:rolleyes: which feels great by the way
though i'm kinda hungry most of the time these days:break_diet:

Thanks for your post x

Well, my pharmacist reckons if you feel okay, and are losing like you should be, then to carry on with whatever you're doing? But he did recommend I didn't do anything too 'strenuous'? Just to carry on with the walking?
As for the water, I'd use your judgement- if you're thirsty, have a drink- thirst is the body's way of telling us it needs water. This last week- especially in the hot weather, I've been drinking here & there because I've wanted it. Before, I would've been glugging down water because I thought I had to iykwim?

Dont lose heart chocoholica
You have done fantastically well in the short time you have been doing LT. Plus, you must remember, you have been poorly too. Dont give yourself a hard time!
Just remember, if you give up, you may be back to square one! Just think, in a few weeks time to a month, you could have lost another stone now that your body is recovered.
I think you are feeling so hungry because your body is being stretched. Remember, we are living on minimal calories and I think the others could have hit the nail on the head about going into starvation mode. You are doing so much activity, that your body is wanting more fuel because you are working it so hard...well, that is only personal opinion..could be wrong.
Maybe slow it down a little, drink your water, take your shakes and relax a little this week and hopefully you will feel much better by next week!
Hang in there though, you are getting there!

Take care

id say and this is from my own experience, that id continue as your doing cause its much better to exercise and tone up than not. basically listen to your body and if you feel tired, stop. i make a note of all my exercise each week and yes its increased but thats because now im getter lighter again, its easier than it was, obviously! also, when you start to see the difference its making it does push you into doing a bit more.

as i said, just listen to your body and then you cant go wrong.

this is my second time on lt after last year and i was doing gym x4 a week, walking the dog x3 a day plus a long 25mile bike ride every week and it didnt slow up my losses at all, in fact in the last three weeks i was on it, i lost 10lbs, 2lb then 7lbs respectively.

hope that helps

h xx

Hey, I've had two really bad weeks - one with just a measly pound lost (that was bad enough) :mad: and then TOTM I actually GAINED 2lb :break_diet: . I really was ready to give up. Oh, and I only lost 7lb in my first week. Losses are still losses and count to the overall total however. The pharmacist stated that I was textbook low metabolic rate which explains why I've found it tough.
Didn't help me though! The pharmacist advised me not to overdo it on the exercise front. Obviously, the more energy you are using, the hungrier you are going to feel - on a minimal calorie diet you need to be careful or you'll keel over! There are lots of really effective exercises you can do at home which will tone you up but not over exert you. Personally, I'd be tempted to do more exercising once I'd hit refeeding time.
I think you have to listen to what your body is telling you - it's pretty reliable! Don't punish yourself - you're going to have a whole life ahead of you at goal weight :D

Back