HELP - day 1 on CD and I'm really struggling!!!!

yasmine-samara

Hi guys,

I have started CD today after many failed attempts on LT and I am finding it really hard. I tried the porridge this afternoon and after a couple of spoons it made me heave. I really wan't to lose weight but I'm scared I'm not going to be able to stick to it long enough to even get into ketosis. I have put over 4 stone on since April and I know people will probably tell me to do weight watchers or slimming world as an alternative. I lost 8 stone at slimming world and it took me nearly 2 years and the thought of losing 2lb a week depresses me. I walked in from my placemet as a student nurse and went to the cupboard to have a bowl of cereal. I didn't have it but I really wanted it. Even now as I type I want to go and have a bowl. I don't know what to do or where to turn and I am soooooo confused. This is such an emotional rollercoaster. I currently weigh 360lb and mt weight is really affecting my life, I have two little girls aged 2 and 4. I am in my first year on a nursing degree and so far I don't have any health issues relating to my weight and I am 30 years of age. I just want to be able to wake up one day and not hate what I see in the mirror and just to feel normal. I know I am rambling but I wanted to ask if anyone is or has gone through this and if they can offer me any support or advice. I'm crying as I write this because I am just at the end of my tether and don't know what to do:cry:

Im sorry to hear you are feeling so frustrated. I found the first day hard because you are fighting all your habits to eat. but that aside if you really want to do this then i would say stick with it. It may seem like a long way off now but after day 3 you should feel better and the first weigh in is the best when you see the weight falling off. I understand what you are saying but please keep going you will get there xx

HEY HUN AND WELCOME TO CD,
I JUST WANTED TO WISH YOU THE VERY BEST ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY,ALL I CAN SAY IS TAKE IT A DAY AT A TIME,AS I KNOW WHEN THERE IS ALOT OF WEIGHT TO LOSE IT CAN BE SO DAUNTING AND FEEL LIKE YOU`LL NEVER BE ABLE TO DO IT,BUT IT CAN BE!
IS YOUR HEAD IN THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THIS DIET,ITS VERY HARD BUT SOOO WORTH IT,ONCE YOU GET OVER THE 3 DAY BARRIER THE HUNGER SHOULD GO AND YOU SHOULD BE MORE POSITIVE ABOUT THINGS.

STICK UP PICTURES OF YOURSELF AROUND THE PLACE TO REMIND YOU OF WHY YOU ARE DOING THIS,WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU,AND I KNOW THIS PLACE HAS BEEN A GODSEND FOR ME,I DONT THINK THAT I WOULD HAVE GOT THROUGH THE 1ST WEEK WITHOUT IT,
I WISH YOU WELL AND HOPE TO READ LOADS OF POSTS HERE FROM YOU,:hug99:WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT SO KEEP POSITIVE AND THE REST SHOULD FOLLOW,
ELAINE X

You posted27 minutes ago - that mean you have used will power and determination so far. Only a few more hours left of the day and then you will go to bed (go to bed earlier if you can) and you will wake up having completed Day1 on CD. i have re-started a countless number of times since losing approx 2 and half stones. I have been struggling with the last stone though now it is stone and a half. I am on Day 2 of my re re re re re start! I am planning to keep myself busy this evening and then go to bed early or read watch tv in bed after brushing my teeth. It helped me get through day 1 and hoping it will help with day 2. Don't give up.

Hi and welcome. And also well done for making such a difficult decision. You have taken your future in your hands!! You can get there, we will all be here for you. Loads of us are on all night as well. If you feel an urge to eat, come here and talk to us. Loads on here go for a nice bubbly bath when we want to eat, or do something really pampering to remind us just why we are here in the first place..... because we matter!! you matter, your health matters, your self respect matters, your body matters, so do what you have set your heart on doing, and join in with us.
WE ALL MATTER.
Lynne xx

oh my lovely, i gagged on the porrige too. try hot choc shakes instead!

the first few days are very hard but you get used to the mealpacks and it is so worth it.

good luck and be strong
xxx

hi yasmine-samara,

the porridge made me feel ill too so you aren't the only one.

try the tetra briks...they are yummy! you can freeze them so they are like icecream and you can make the hot ones into hot chocolate! double yum!!!

if you can get through the first three days and get into ketosis you will be laughing. stick it out hun! xxx

hang in there girl, i went through hell too, you just have to stick at it till the hunger goes away, it does get better, just think at your first wi you will be half stone lighter or more!

i am drinking an choc orange shake and its delish! try those.

you have come this far to get on CD, just hang in there.

you know more than anyone the dangers of obesity, you are young enough to get on with this and get it done, do it now and you can look forward to a longer happier and slimmer life.

i'm 37 and feel ten years younger since losing weight.

hang in, even if just by the skin of your teeth, and it will be all worth it real soon.

Hi just wanted to add some :vibes::vibes:& lots of :hug99::hug99:You can do this we are all here for you, it wont be easy but it will be quicker than WW or SW. Try and just take it a day at a time, soon as ketosis hits you wont beleive the difference XxX

Hi - We have all been in a similar place and days 1-4 are going to be the hardest on this diet. Trust me it does get better! Top tip from me is have crushed ice in the shakes and I pretend that they taste just like the MacDonalds ones and its a treat! In the next 10 days you will be able to have the bars and Im sure you will find it much better. Keep drinking and drinking because it will fill you up. I recommend that you buy some water falvouring from your CDC as it does make it taste so much better. I have lost 33lb in 10 weeks - this is unheard of for me as Ive got no will power but Im now 4 lb off target and feel great. The really hard work is now to come when Ive got to keep it off! Stick with it - when ketosis kicks in your appetite will disappear xxx

hi yasmine-s, well done on starting cd, i hope you are coping ok, the first few days are hard but if you are determined you can it! once you start to see how quickly you will lose lbs hopefully you will see that it can be done, just be strong, sending you good vibes:vibes:

Hope you feel better soon!

xx

Hi Yasmine-Samara, what a beautiful name. My message is jus the same as the rest really, hang on in there and it will be worth it, when you have your first weigh in (when is that)? you will have lost over 1/2 stone and feel so much better. Its my first week on CD after doing LL a couple of years ago and I am finding it hard going but am determined to stick to it, the flavours on CD aren't nearly as nice as LL but they are bearable, I always have a hot banana shake for breakfast, spicy tomato for lunch and then hot chocolate in the evening, some days I've had four packs just so I can have something to look forward to later in the evening but think if that is what it takes to get me through the first week then so be it, its better than turning to the biscuit tin or fridge I guess. Good luck with it and keep up posted
love Mary x:)

Hi, I’m on my 5th day after a break following surgery.
The first few days were hell this time round.
I tried to keep busy and drank lots of water and back coffee. I broke out in a sweat and could not stop shaking. On day one I had a craving for nuts and ended up eating some. I must say that I felt much better afterwards – I’m not sure if it was just psychological. Unlike you the porridge has been my saviour.
I also found halving the packets and having six shakes/soup or porridge a lot better.

You can do this it’s just trying to remember why you are doing it. And if you do have a blip tomorrow is another day.
Day one is nearly over now.

Good luck

pls do not give up. i nearly did on day 3, but stuck with it and today weighed in at 10lbs less. pls stick with it as what you are eating is making you depressed. do not give up and take the easy option. you owe this to yourself and your girls. after day 4 i have found it a breeze, no hunger, no cold, no pangs just seeing the pounds drop. pls keep going.

Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments,

I have really thought about starting again and about some of the comments asking me if I am mentally ready. I have realised that I was self sabotaging myself and trying to put silly reasons infront of myself to allow me to not do it. I just need a slap across the face and a kick up the ass and just get on with it and stop feeling so sorry for myself!!!!!
I find the emotional rollercoaster the worst - one minute I feel great and really positive and ten minutes later feel very weepy and weak and feel as though I don't have any energy. That is usually the time when I give up. So......... I have decided that I will try again in the mornung and have fully discussed it with my boyfriend and he said he will give me all the help and support I need. I feel a lot better and as you all have said, I just need to allow my body to get into ketosis. roll on tomorrow morning!!!!!!
Will post and let you know how I am doing and thanks again for all your support - God knows I am going to need it!!!

Hi YS, good luck with starting again tomorrow, sounds like you've done some serious soul searching and understand what you need to do! it's sooo great to have a supportive partner when doing this too it really helped me stay on track, along with everyone on here giving advice and support. I love the inspirational slide-show on here too that always perks me up when i feel sorry for myself!!

Keep strong! You can do it!!
xx

That sounds like a plan, having a positive mental attitude always helps, having good support around helps too.

I don’t know if you work but initially I didn’t tell anyone because I didn’t want them banging on about all the negatives. I used to put the powder in a container and then just add the water at lunch time like a cuppa soup.
I also avoided meals out with friends and instead met up for coffee. Once I saw the scales groaning less and I felt in control I openly brandished my sachets around the office, lol!!
It is like a roller coaster but once you’ve got over the first hill it’s easier.
I think in the case of this diet there is no gain without pain – buts it is short lived and the outcomes are amazing.
I also reward myself for every half stone lost – a mini facial, a manicure, a CD, perfume……and then of course you will have to buy new clothes, shoes, rings, underwear………….

And you don’t stay on SS forever. I lost about 2 stone with 2 weeks SS and 2 weeks 810.
I’m hoping to be well established on a maintenance plan by December so that I can join in with the Christmas celebrations, numerous meals out and office parties by eating low carb foods and not drinking until Christmas day.

I came off the diet totally leading up to having a hysterectomy for a month and them wasn’t allowed to go back on it until 3 months post op. In that time I only gained 3lbs I put that done to having been re-educated about good food choices. I think I only gained because during that time I wasn’t allowed to exercise.

……..sorry to go on but I’m really passionate about the benefits of the diet and to let you know that it can work – I was one of its biggest sceptics!!

Good luck for tomorrow this time next week you will be well into ketosis and a lot lighter.

Aislinn x

Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments,

I have really thought about starting again and about some of the comments asking me if I am mentally ready. I have realised that I was self sabotaging myself and trying to put silly reasons infront of myself to allow me to not do it. I just need a slap across the face and a kick up the ass and just get on with it and stop feeling so sorry for myself!!!!!
I find the emotional rollercoaster the worst - one minute I feel great and really positive and ten minutes later feel very weepy and weak and feel as though I don't have any energy. That is usually the time when I give up. So......... I have decided that I will try again in the mornung and have fully discussed it with my boyfriend and he said he will give me all the help and support I need. I feel a lot better and as you all have said, I just need to allow my body to get into ketosis. roll on tomorrow morning!!!!!!
Will post and let you know how I am doing and thanks again for all your support - God knows I am going to need it!!!

hi Lidz,

Good luck and remember what i said the other day.

just take a day at a time, focus on what you want, be strong, and take it easy if you can.

you are already dealing with a lot so be kind to yourself. once you get settled in you will feel so much healthier and happier to be in control. i just cant explain it so you have to trust me on that! ;)

pm or call me if you need any help, I am always here to help, never struggle alone.

xxx

Back