Help - day 4 and thinking it's not worth it.

texasmorning

I'm not suffering at all, but for some reason, I just don't want to wait that long before I ever eat again. I am very distracted by the thought of foods. Not around any, and there is none at home, when I get there. But for some crazy reason, it's haunting me.

I've been on the B&A photo shoots, and just keep thinking, "how in the world?"

texasmorning

well, texas... I'm here to tell you... it IS worth it.. and if you can just hang on in there and get through the first week, the second will be better, and then the third.. and you learn distraction strategies.. and if you truly want to lose your excess weight then you will do. If you are SSing (which it sounds like you are) it is very tough (especially, I found, at the start) and all is not lost coz you can eat (on Cambridge) every 5th week.. admittedly it ain't much but it is food :)

I hope you can convince yourself that YOU are worth it. Because I damn sure you are!

SSing is a short term programme to get you to a place where you can start over your relationship with food. It takes time, effort, and a hell of a lot of determination. Losing weight is never easy - but when you've done it you will be SO glad you did :D

I wish you all the luck and good wishes as you try to figure out what you want to do. All the best to you

Thank you, both.

Today is another day, and I am feeling better.

I am SSing on CD. now day 5. I am in ketosis and feeling no pain. I like the shakes, etc. and am not even hungry. The support is superb here. Although I think my thread went into the success stories by mistake. (I was looking for encouragement).

The AAM week is definitely a break; but I worry that it is hard to get back onto SS afterwards?

It really helps to see that others have got through this unscathed and everyone is so positive. Thanks again.

tm

Hi Texasmorning,

Well done for getting to day 5. Being in ketosis does make a difference:)

I have moved your thread into the Cambridge Diet Forum for you.

Everyone is different when it comes to doing AAM week. When you do 100% the transition is easy. It is only a small amount of food.

A good tip I got from someone recently was to add the chicken in small pieces to the CD soup and the veggies.

Love Mini xxx

Thank you, both.

Today is another day, and I am feeling better.

I am SSing on CD. now day 5. I am in ketosis and feeling no pain. I like the shakes, etc. and am not even hungry. The support is superb here. Although I think my thread went into the success stories by mistake. (I was looking for encouragement).

The AAM week is definitely a break; but I worry that it is hard to get back onto SS afterwards?

It really helps to see that others have got through this unscathed and everyone is so positive. Thanks again.

tm

Hi texas,

don't worry about AAM week, it's wonderful! :) and... if you keep to the right portion size you will be fine.. plus.. after weeks of SSing you will motivated by the incredible weight loss to stick to it, so I don't think it will be a problem as long as you don't think it's a license to eat!! Coz it isn't!

good luck - you'll be fine
x

:D :D Another one with a thumbs up......it is so worth it. Well done for getting to day 5, keep remembering that the 1st week in particular is the hardest. Once you get in ketosis the hunger will go and eventually so will some of the food cravings (well most of the time anyway!)

In the 1st 4 weeks I struggled with the diet and came so close to giving up and wondered on many occasions was it worth it.

Now Im starting week 13 and have lost 3st 2lb, have gone from a tight size 20 to a tight size 14 (hoping to be able to wear them in 4 weeks) and believe me it is so worth it. I never thought Id see size 14 again after many years of struggliing.

Keep going you can do this and get some excellent results.:D

HI, yeah its defo worth it, i was exactley the same as you i couldnt think of the thought of not having food for so long. i only managed 3weeks and i lost 1stone 10lbs i then stopped had a week break then went on ww. just take one day at a time and see how you go. but believe me it will come off so quickley then you can enjoy all the foods you wish, but you will think twice knowing that if you eat fatty foods you will put oin weight and be forced to lose weight and maybe have to go without food again x x sorry bout thje essay

Hang on in there - your first weigh-in should only be a day away and then you won't want to do anything else but carry on - no other diet will give you the results that you want as fast as sticking to this will.

I'm early days on LL and contemplating the move to CD instead as I'm not sure that LL offers great value for money. I had a chat with a CDC the other day and explained that at times I've felt really overwhelmed by the idea of not eating at all for such long periods - have actually felt a bit panicky. She said to stick with the SS for as long as possible but then, if the need become too great, have some protein (like a piece of white fish or skinless chicken breast) and then just pick up and get on with it. Won't take you out of ketosis and, if it keeps you from giving up altogether, seems a sensible idea.
Others may totally disagree with me and say you have to stick it out regardless, but to me it makes the whole process more possible - knowing there is a possibility of factoring in a protein portion if really needed.

Keep at the SS. It is worth it. I lost 2 1/2 stone last year and the difference i feel is worth every second of doing the diet!!

The one piece of advice i would give is keep going until the end without cheating if at all possible. I still have 3 stone to lose and am trying to get back on the CD wagon - sticking at it until goal is the best thing in my opinion!!
Have a read of canireallydothis's diary thread. it is inspirational and should give you enough motivation to keep going. :)

Hi well done on sticking with the diet, These diets are so worth sticking too, I have lost nearly 5 stones, but have been picking which I do not reccommend to anyone as its a blooming nightmare to get back on track. Anyway if I hadnt had my bad few weeks, it could be so much more than 5 stones.
I am back on track today, I have given myself a good kick up the backside and reminded myself why I want to lose the weight.

All I can say is do it one day at a time. I am now on my 4th day and had a bit of a bad day yesterday. I almost gave in about 7 times and felt really weird all day.

I did get through it though and am so determined to get slimmer for the summer this time.

It doesn't help that every time we turn on the tv or radio there are ads for food !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hats off to you Donna:D

I know what you mean about ruddy food adverts EVERYWHERE you look :sigh:

Also, when your feeling low, theres now a page of reasons to lose weight on the cambridge diet forum. Have a read through that! :)

Everyone so far who has posted on there has said that just reading it made them feel better, and if you can think of anything that isn't on there, add it! Maybe you can help someone else too. To know that your helping others will make you feel much better about yourself and guarentees a smile :D :D :D lol

Looking forward to hear about your weigh in

xxxxxx

Thank you all for your help and advice. What a bolt of energy you guys send.

I am now confident with the program. And, I lost 9 and 3/4 pounds!!!
:D result!!:D

An interesting tidbit: My son, Chris, is on CD as well. (He has always been an major overeater). I asked him how he was dealing with the food issues. He looked at me as if I were blonde! He said, "I don't think about what I'm not eating, that would be stupid. I just think about the fact that I am going to look like a stud! " :cool: Then he said, "Hey, Mum, just do it...it's no big deal."

He is a natural life coach, I've decided. For some reason, these words have really hit home to me. I think this has really blown away the cobwebs for me. I just need to keep myself looking at the target. Who needs that crippling stuff in there anyway!? (thanks, Chris)

Ready, steady, go!
texasmorning

Well done on a FANTASTIC loss! You should be very proud of yourself, and your son! My mum is on CD too and we help eachother out as much as we can!

To be fair I think it's easier for us then some people, as it's only us 2 living at home, so theres not really any food that isn't on AAM lol.

But stil, challenges come along and it's just a matter of fighting them or shrugging them off.

The more you think about the diet being a restriction, the harder it is (for me anyway).

If you just focus your energy into other things, you'll see the weeks just fly by and your next weigh in will come round sooner then it feels! lol.

Brilliant loss, well done again!

Can't wait to hear how you and your son get on :)

xxxxx

What a great son you've got there - they are very sensible words that he said. Hope you both get on great.

Cath

Back