Help! Day 5 and i'm miserable - despite the weight loss!

Hi :wave_cry::wave_cry: as title says really... i've lost 7lb since Monday and today is first day of cruise but due to work had to keep it as PP. Anyway i know weight loss is good but i just feel so miserable i'm getting hungry because i'm fed up with protien so can't satisfy myself with anything. :lost:

Its hard too with hubby eating what he wants, watching him eat jacket potatos and chips and pizza's is really hard and i can hardly tell him he can't as he doesn't need to lose any weight and has every right to eat where he likes and i don't want to be a nag.
i'm on cruise for 55 days then consolidation till Feb- it seems so far away - not sure how to cope. I don't like most fish / seafood so living off chicken, turkey - had beef tonight- and fat free yoghurt and eggs.
Anyone else feel like this or any tips from those who have done it how i can feel better and stay on track?
Kerry

First congratulations on the weight loss, that certainly is good going. Try not to look at what you can't eat and focus on what you can. I cooked pretty much the same food for the family as I had (being the cook) and just added a few extra bits like pasta and bread etc. PP days were harder but I cooked things like salmon, grilled with a whole grain mustard and white wine vinegar glaze (honey and mustard for the family). They had potatoes and veggies and I had veggies if PV day or gallete and cottage cheese or greek yoghurt on a PP day. On PV days I would make up chicken casseroles (mash for them) or spaghetti bolognaise (pasta for them).

Once you get in the swing of things it is not difficult if you plan. A nice tuna salad with balsamic dressing, very satisfying and looks good too.

Cruise at 55 days is not that long, you may find it quicker if you stick to the purest form of Dukan and avoid the tolerated items. Averaging at 2lbs a week weight loss you are looking at just over 5 weeks to you are at goal, how cool is that. Just 5 weeks and you will be feeling the benefits of it. I saw it as loosing the weight quickly and then living with the new body whilst I got used to being slim again (conso).

Try to keep the protein up as you won't loose weight quickly or quicker by not eating the protein. Sometimes it is a needs must attitude but it is not forever and imagine how good you are going to feel at the end of it.

Thanks for that! Yes i suppose it is a means to an end,just wish i wasn't so hungry maybe it will pass though! I'll try and keep going! Just realised i'm watching come dine with me - glutton for punishment!

You shouldn't be hungry on this diet. Are you posting menus? If I felt hungry I would go and have a few spoonfuls of plain yoghurt or some chicken that I had pre cooked. When I had a meal I was full afterwards and definately not hungry. If you are hungry because you are just not eating because you don't fancy what you have, that may be a bit more difficult. Have a look at the menu section and see if some things take your fancy. One of my favourites was Coleman's garden mint sauce (Dukan friendly), small amount, mixed with yoghurt and curry powder/gram masala as a dip with curry and yoghurt marinated chicken chunks. If I felt hungry I could just put a bit of the dip and a couple of chunks of chicken and it hit the spot. I ate a lot of chicken!

have you tried making the meatloaf?, it's really tasty.

500g lean minced beef ( i sometimes use 750g if it's on special offer)
1 egg
2 spoons FF fromage frais
half onion finely chopped
seasoning (I use garlic powder, chicken seasoning, S+P)

whisk the egg
add the fromage frais
add seasoning and chopped onion
add mince
mix well

put into (silicone) loaf tin

cook in preheated oven (180 celsius) for 1 hour.

when done, take meatloaf out of loaf tin (will have shrunk a little and surrounded by lots of fat/juices) and place on cooling tray to let all fat/juices run off.

I cut about 3 half inch thick slices off and eat with lots of FF cottage cheese for lunch.

Also handy to have in the fridge if you fancy a tasty snack..... x

Got to admit, I am on day 4 on attack and I have lost 2lb. Which is disheartening, for once I have followed a diet to the letter and not lost as much as i had hoped. I mean this is average for a week on weight watchers or slimming world I guess, but with all the money im spending on protein i was hoping for something better.
I do think its because of pre packed chicken and ham i have been snacking on.

The pre packed chicken and ham (I thought ham was not allowed but has that advice changed now?) are full of things we shouldn't eat. Reading the label is a bit of an eye opener. I remember looking at some plain chicken in Sainsburys and thought I would be fine with that. Read the label and it had alsorts added like starch, sugars. This was a breast of chicken not even deli slices! Really made me look at what we unknowingly put in our bodies.

Salt is another one that will slow down the losses, so I would advise changing from the pre cooked slices and go to cooking it yourself and using the slices for emergencies only.

Back