Help desperately needed

alanajago

I am 5ft 6in and weigh 15st. I refuse to shop for new clothes and have been wearing the same things day in day out in the hope that it will encourage me to start this much needed diet. Also my mother in law was diagnosed with cancer in May and just 3 days ago we have been told that it's terminal. My comfort eating has got completely out if hand. I buy all the right foods but when the urge starts i head to the shop for chocolate or whatever I fancy at that time. I have stopped wanting to go out with friends an make my excuses to stay at home. I also suffer from depression but have been off meds from November and doing well but I'm start to feel my moods changing and I'm also battling to make a decision to start my meds again. Someone help me as I just don't wanna talk to any friends or family :(

I understand. It's hard isn't it. We have much in common x

So sorry to hear about your Mother-in-law. Do consider going back on the meds temporarily just to get you through the difficult times ahead.

Take a look on My Fitness Pal or a similar site to get your daily calories, work out some healthy meals within your allowance and work in some treats for when you're stressed.

Set yourself a few challenges such as eating fruit every day or having so many chocolate free days a week or walking up and down stairs a few extra times a day. Sounds silly I know but it's a case of changing habits more than everything.

Instead of walking to the shop for goodies take a long walk around the block or park if you have one close by. Leave your money at home to prevent temptation taking over when you pass the shops.

Log on here and read success stories and get some support, someone is always around to give you a few words of encouragement, motivation, sympathy, whatever you may need at the time.

Good luck.

I love the idea of setting some goals that u suggested i.e. Starting with eating a piece of fruit a day and building up. I usually hear ppl saying set urself small weight loss targets but never have I had the suggestion that u have made.

I def think I have to go back on meds but it's just making that step. Feels like I'm a failure and going backwards!

You are not a failure unless you give up. Take one day at a time. Don't worry about the day before, it has gone. Don't thnk of the day ahead, you can't see it yet. Focus on today. X

Sorry to hear what you are going through.

I definitely agree with set little goals don't set unrealistic goals that will just make you feel worse when you don't reach them, try little ones at first like if you get the bus places get off a couple of stops early and walk the rest of the way, swapping a choc bar for a piece of fruit. Once you start meeting little goals it will inspire you & make you feel like you can do it

I got a lovely new puppy 4 weeks ago so I have been out walking her but obviously my intake is just too much.

I have been on SW website and they have a class this Thursday close to me so I am going to join. I have been on this plan before so time to give it another go.

Thanks for ur words of encouragement! X

I got a lovely new puppy 4 weeks ago so I have been out walking her but obviously my intake is just too much.

I have been on SW website and they have a class this Thursday close to me so I am going to join. I have been on this plan before so time to give it another go.

Thanks for ur words of encouragement! X

You sound more positive already! What kind of puppy did you get? x

Sometimes it's really great to just write out how you feel, and talk to others, even if it's here to us :)

I agree with the small goals, it's much easier to achieve smaller goals than a BIG one, that can't be reached quickly. If you feel like eating something sweet, try a fruit or a dark chocolate that has 70%. It's a little bit of sweet with less guilt.

Dieting isn't easy as it is let alone having extra stuff going on at the same time. I hope things will brighten up for you and by coming to this site and talking about your diet is a step in the right direction. xx

Daisybank said:
You sound more positive already! What kind of puppy did you get? x

I got a Siberian husky! As u can imagine she requires a lot of walking. She is into absolutely everything and is def like having a 4th child.

I would love a pup. I like labs especially black ones. They are so expensive tho!

My daughter really wanted one and we had discussed that if we did it would be a black lab. My daughter wasn't happy as she wanted the husky but then in a twist of fate a friends husky had pups and that's what we ended up with. R pup was £350 which apparently reasonable (not to me though lol).

CaliSweden said:
Sometimes it's really great to just write out how you feel, and talk to others, even if it's here to us :)

I agree with the small goals, it's much easier to achieve smaller goals than a BIG one, that can't be reached quickly. If you feel like eating something sweet, try a fruit or a dark chocolate that has 70%. It's a little bit of sweet with less guilt.

My first goal is to join SW on Thursday! I shall keep u updated. Surely I can't fail this goal.

Think that is def a good price. Dogs are great. They are always there for you. Always your friend. I lost mine a few years ago. She had cancer. I still miss her.

Unfortunately I do not have a weight loss story at the moment. More of a weight gain story. Depressed.

Hi there, I'm a newbie, mid 50's. I lost 28lbs a couple of years ago on Weight Watchers, and gradually put it back on and more, by being greedy and lazy. I stopped going to the gym through injury, tiredness and lazyness.
Enough is enough so I've got a months worth of Diet Chef and am going to give it another go.

I'm missing the diet chef welcome pack so have to wait for that to arrive but I can work out what to add to the meals, apart from fruit. Is that allowed?

Looking forward to participating in my first diet forum vx

Back