Help!!!!!!!!! Fell Off The Lt Wagon Yesterday!!!!

EmmaLou

Hi all........

Really need all your support today.....

i have been doing really well and then yesterday (day 11) i couldn't bear it anymore. I was at my counsins birthday party i forgot my shakes i had only had 1 in the morning and so by 8:30 i was starving so.......... i ate some roasted veg and salad. i felt absolutly mortified after and didn't even enjoy it.....loadsa people tellin me 'oh your at a party once won't hurt' my willpower was at a low, i had a extremly bad time at work with another colleague...Excuses i know........well what happend after i ate it was ....felt really guilty so stuck my finger down my throat and made myself sick.......not good either.

so i need all your help, support and motivation which i know your al;l brilliant at.........

has anyone else slipped?????????

i've got stright back on it today.

thanks to you all in advance.
xxxxxx

From what I've read on here over the past few days I'd say that a few roasted veggies and some salad wouldn't have had that much of an effect on your weight loss.

However

Making yourself sick, apart from being an obviously bad idea, is dangerous especially as you're on a VLCD. Sticking your fingers down your throat and being sick would have thrown your electrolytes way out of whack which is never a good thing but especially damaging if you're taking in so few calories.

I don't mean to sound harsh but it's tough love if you like. Putting aside the fact that it's dangerous, it can also become addictive and the last thing anyone wants is for you to develop an eating disorder. Sounds crazy but it's a trap that is a lot easier to fall into than people ever realise.

Love and hugs,

~Gem xx

chin up and all that!

ps..have you seen the size of my cock???

man_with_a_very_big_cock.jpg

Hi Emma

So you had a slip up, you are human for goodness sake, we all make mistakes, what's great is that you picked yourself up, dusted yourself off and started again!

What happened after you ate was pure sillyness, I'm not going to dwell on it but for goodness sake don't do it again.

But for now, lesson learnt, don't let yourself be caught out again and end up beating yourself up over something that could easily be avoided with some forward planning.

Well done for not wiping out and for getting back on board.

Take care and keep on keeping on

Sammylou x

lol.....that cheered me up.......i was worried for a second x

From what I've read on here over the past few days I'd say that a few roasted veggies and some salad wouldn't have had that much of an effect on your weight loss.

However

Making yourself sick, apart from being an obviously bad idea, is dangerous especially as you're on a VLCD. Sticking your fingers down your throat and being sick would have thrown your electrolytes way out of whack which is never a good thing but especially damaging if you're taking in so few calories.

I don't mean to sound harsh but it's tough love if you like. Putting aside the fact that it's dangerous, it can also become addictive and the last thing anyone wants is for you to develop an eating disorder. Sounds crazy but it's a trap that is a lot easier to fall into than people ever realise.

Love and hugs,

~Gem xx

Fantastic advice Gem! Making yourself sick is never a good idea.

Eating every now and then probably won't greatly effect your weight loss but will knock you out of ketosis and make it harder for you to continue with the TFR regime. IMHO I would recommend the complete avoidance of all food. In order to avoid food myself I have become a real boring bar-stud. I don't go out and I avoid being around people at lunchtime at work. The long term gains are certainly worth the short term sarifices!

Hang in there babe. You can do it!!! xxx

Thank you. :eek:

I really didn't meant to sound preachy but it is a subject that is close to my heart and thus provokes a strong reaction. :eek:

You naughty silly girl!!!! Remember how you felt when you did it and don't forget it!!! Now what's done is done so move on! But NO MORE Cheating!! Forgetting shakes isn't an excuse......they should be the number one thing you have organised at all times. Always have a few spare in case the chemist is closed, car breaks down, etc., I keep 2 in the glove compartment of the car! Ask chemist for one or two extra days and keep them in places like - your handbag! It makes life much easier when you are not starving because you forgot your shakes.

You naughty silly girl!!!! Remember how you felt when you did it and don't forget it!!! Now what's done is done so move on! But NO MORE Cheating!! Forgetting shakes isn't an excuse......they should be the number one thing you have organised at all times. Always have a few spare in case the chemist is closed, car breaks down, etc., I keep 2 in the glove compartment of the car! Ask chemist for one or two extra days and keep them in places like - your handbag! It makes life much easier when you are not starving because you forgot your shakes.

Absolutley spot on, there is no excuse now get a grip women, not trying to preach but im going to anyway:-

1.Dont ever start eating and throwing up, that is ridiculous
2.It is going to affect things if you eat, it will knock you out ketosis it can lead to weight gain and it can throw you off the wagon completely
3.rise above it, learn from it and dont do it again or i will smack ones ass, now bed for an early night:mad::p x

Hey Emma, i always carry a shake in my bag. when i am starving, like i was today and everone was tucking into my fave foods. i asked for a glass of iced water, went to another room and made up my shake! i was proud i didnt succumb. I looked like a muppet but i will be a skinny muppet in a few months...

As for sticking your fingers down your throat...nuff said!

Hey Emma,

Forget about this blip and get on with the diet. You probably feel cr*p at the moment but you have learnt a valuable lesson that eating doesn't make you feel good and won't help you on your diet. Tomorrow is new day, remember why you are doing this and what your goals are and hang in there.

We all have temptation, I was at a bbq today and watched everyone else tuck into gorgeous looking food (followed by cheesecake - my favourite!) whilst I sipped bottle after bottle of water. Everyone was too busy eating themselves to worry about what I was eating and I happily declined any offers of food.

My OH tells me how proud of me he is that I am keeping to this diet and that is all the encouragement I need (well that and my new shoes!!! Lol!)

x

Hey Emma,

Forget about this blip and get on with the diet. You probably feel cr*p at the moment but you have learnt a valuable lesson that eating doesn't make you feel good and won't help you on your diet. Tomorrow is new day, remember why you are doing this and what your goals are and hang in there.

We all have temptation, I was at a bbq today and watched everyone else tuck into gorgeous looking food (followed by cheesecake - my favourite!) whilst I sipped bottle after bottle of water. Everyone was too busy eating themselves to worry about what I was eating and I happily declined any offers of food.

My OH tells me how proud of me he is that I am keeping to this diet and that is all the encouragement I need (well that and my new shoes!!! Lol!)

x

I noticed something similar a few weeks back at a party. At first one or two people asked me why I wasn't eating when the buffet was served and I just said I felt a bit bloated an would eat later. Later on I just pretended I had eaten. No one pays any attention to whether one eats or not! It's just that sometimes we LTers might feel a tad overly self conscious....

You're right there. It was a very casual event with no-one sat at tables, just eating on their laps. Everyone was chatting away and, if anyone noticed I wasn't eating then they were too polite to say. The host teased that I had eaten all his favourite cheesecake and I just laughed (as did my OH!)

x

Back