help for a fussy eater :(

suziew

Hi everyone.. i am struggling abit... i am doing extra easy but im a bit of a fussy eater and only like carrots, butternut squash, sweet potatoe and swede. no salad and only apples...so im struggling to make sure i have 1/3 of veg and fruit... has anyone got any advice on things i could cook? or some soup ideas?
thanks
x

Have you had a look on the SW website? Type in the foods you're looking for and search the site, you could modify some of the ingredients if you dont like them, there are loads of recipes on the internet if you type in your preferred ingredients in the search bar too? xx

I'm a really fussy eater too, but when I actually thought about it, most of the stuff I say I don't like I haven't actually tried or not tried in different ways or since I was a kid. eg I said I don't like courgette, but whenI was brave enough, I've done it with roasted veg done with swartz med veg mix on and I can eat it - not my fav but it still goes down. I also shove lots of things into soup and blend so I cant see/taste it.

Spicy butternut soup using all the veg you like +an onion and veg stock + spices. cook til veg is soft then blitz with a handblender. Its gorgeous

I'm a really fussy eater too, but when I actually thought about it, most of the stuff I say I don't like I haven't actually tried or not tried in different ways or since I was a kid. eg I said I don't like courgette, but whenI was brave enough, I've done it with roasted veg done with swartz med veg mix on and I can eat it - not my fav but it still goes down. I also shove lots of things into soup and blend so I cant see/taste it.

Good for you - I seem to remember an advert some time ago which said something like "I haven't tried it because I don't like it"! I think we all have food prejudices, quite often from childhood.

I never liked vegetables when I was a child because back then in the bad old days they were cooked to death! It was only when I started cooking for myself, and realised that there were better ways of doing things, that I began to like vegetables and now I can't get enough of them.

Still can't stand Brussels sprouts or peas though!

Back