Help for those who are beginning "ss" or feeling fed up

Hi Everyone,
I have had a very successful first week, with a loss of 14 pounds.
I am one of those who have attmepted Cambridge several times- but failed during the first week.
I am now 11 days into ss and here are my tips for those who are struggling or find it a huge upheaveal.

Tips:
1. Be prepared for the headaches. Last week they were awful up to the point that I could not walk, but they passed after the sixth day. Tell yourself that it is your body tricking itself to have food. Also, the obvious reason begin carb withdrwal.
2. For those restarting in Jan i would honeslty spend the week before the diet actually "dieting"- whereby there is a gradual withdrwal of carbs. This is really helpful.
3. Ignore those who are negative about you and the diet. They tend to say moticvation is high during the begining. I would disagree from my experience on this diet. I was at my weakest during the first week coupled with having to get used to not eating convential food and headaches. Ignore those who are negative as it is very easy to be led sown the wrong path and begin eating.
4. Wait for you weight in after the first week- that is when you will reap the rewards of the hardwork during the first week.
5. Pamper or treat yourself during the first week rather than waiting for a big drop in weight. We tend to like short-term rewards rather than suffering and wating for long-term ones- they are too far ahead!
6. Be actually mentally prepared before you begin this diet. If you go in half heartdly- the chances are that you will give up.
7. Drink..drink...drink water, especially when feeling hungry during the first couple of days.
8. My constant battle was that, i could not eat. However, i tunrned this around and made moouse and crisps so that i did not feel deprived.
9. Do not avid the kitchen and carry on preparing the meals. Just see the food as a means to get by for eveyone else- that way mentally you are getting yourself prepared for the rest of the diet and after.
10. Cancel all social arrangments for the first week as the smells of food will affect you enormoulsy.
11. the high will not come till the end of the week- so be prepared for not feeling good straight away (even though some people will0.
12. I was half hearted about x-ams, but after the weigh in I have decided to SS throughout the festive season- even though i am preparing the five course meal for 15!
13.This website and the before and after shots are inspiration and should be refered to especially when feeling down.
14. Keep a diary- that really helps.

Hope this helps for those who will be beginnig ss or other variation of the diet after the x-ams period. By the way the reason why I did not fall of the wagon during the first week is that it is not worth having the headaches agian. I hope to have this high and no hunger throughout the remainder of the diet.

Mindovermatter X:)

Fabulous tips....:)

Mindovermatter, that is so helpful to me right now that you have no idea!! Thank you so much!!! :D

Cat xx

Hi Everyone,
I have had a very successful first week, with a loss of 14 pounds.
I am one of those who have attmepted Cambridge several times- but failed during the first week.
I am now 11 days into ss and here are my tips for those who are struggling or find it a huge upheaveal.

Tips:
1. Be prepared for the headaches. Last week they were awful up to the point that I could not walk, but they passed after the sixth day. Tell yourself that it is your body tricking itself to have food. Also, the obvious reason begin carb withdrwal.
2. For those restarting in Jan i would honeslty spend the week before the diet actually "dieting"- whereby there is a gradual withdrwal of carbs. This is really helpful.
3. Ignore those who are negative about you and the diet. They tend to say moticvation is high during the begining. I would disagree from my experience on this diet. I was at my weakest during the first week coupled with having to get used to not eating convential food and headaches. Ignore those who are negative as it is very easy to be led sown the wrong path and begin eating.
4. Wait for you weight in after the first week- that is when you will reap the rewards of the hardwork during the first week.
5. Pamper or treat yourself during the first week rather than waiting for a big drop in weight. We tend to like short-term rewards rather than suffering and wating for long-term ones- they are too far ahead!
6. Be actually mentally prepared before you begin this diet. If you go in half heartdly- the chances are that you will give up.
7. Drink..drink...drink water, especially when feeling hungry during the first couple of days.
8. My constant battle was that, i could not eat. However, i tunrned this around and made moouse and crisps so that i did not feel deprived.
9. Do not avid the kitchen and carry on preparing the meals. Just see the food as a means to get by for eveyone else- that way mentally you are getting yourself prepared for the rest of the diet and after.
10. Cancel all social arrangments for the first week as the smells of food will affect you enormoulsy.
11. the high will not come till the end of the week- so be prepared for not feeling good straight away (even though some people will0.
12. I was half hearted about x-ams, but after the weigh in I have decided to SS throughout the festive season- even though i am preparing the five course meal for 15!
13.This website and the before and after shots are inspiration and should be refered to especially when feeling down.
14. Keep a diary- that really helps.

Hope this helps for those who will be beginnig ss or other variation of the diet after the x-ams period. By the way the reason why I did not fall of the wagon during the first week is that it is not worth having the headaches agian. I hope to have this high and no hunger throughout the remainder of the diet.

Mindovermatter X:)

That's excellent a real help, thanks.

Hey mindovermatter,

I reckon your great tips will apply to any regime being followed - and even just a leson for the norms also.

However, I'm new to the jargon and whilst I can work most things out - just what the heck is SSing? sounds painful

Ever willing to learn, I would welcome enlightenment please

Hi again Mindless,

Ssing is sole sourcing, either by cd, LL or lipotrim, when you just have sachets, shakes, bars, etc from the diet, without any added food.

okay - so when I start LL if I 'stick with the program', then I will be sole sourcing!

Many thanks

Back