Help from ladies! (sorry boys tmi!!)

kezzyBee

Silver Member
Does anyone else have problems with their periods since doing atkins? Since about the 3rd day into this diet I have been bleeding(gross sorry) I only had a period the week before this and I am 2 weeks into my pack of pills now so I shouldn't really be bleeding, the only time this normally happens is if I miss a pill or something but I haven't missed a single one. I have carried on as normal with my pills hoping it would just pass but my periods getting worse and heavier, this has been going on for 2 weeks now and I'm starting to worry abit!
My periods make me feel terrible at the best of times, never mind when they last this long lol!!
Does anybody else have any similar probs and do you think its likely to be linked to atkins?
Sorry about the nature of this post!!! and for any men reading I doubley apologise hahaha:)

Ive never heard of this, Kerry. Maybe a trip to the Docs is needed here babes just to make sure all is well.

U on any pills apart from the 1`s u talked about?

Im sorry I can be of any help hunni....

I hope ur poor tum tum feels better very soon

<<< passes Kerry a pink fluffy hot water bottle

Woofy x

Thanks woof that feels better already :D

I may go see my doc if it doesn't stop because this never normally happens, I'm worried he will tell me to stop doing this though if it is linked! :(

OOh no just on the normal contraceptive pill.

How odd!

Have a lully bubble bath, pop some pain killers then jump into bed pet! Lets see what 2m brings. Fingers crossed for you hunni....

Woofy x

Sorry kezzy, I can't help either hun. I think Woof is right in saying that a trip to the docs is necessary especially as it is getting worse. Cheryl may be able to help but I know she is on nights so I don't know if she'll pop on before she goes to bed. Sorry hun, hope you feel better soon xx :hug99:

Agreed with the other ladies. When i was on Atkins last year my cycles were more regular and less painful, if anything Atkins made them better!

I doubt your issue is anything to do with the diet:(

Didn't want to read and not post! I've not had any probs with mine either *touches wood* defo get to the docs just to make sure things are ok.... I hope you feel a bit better soon xx

Thanks ladies I am gonna give it til the end of my pill packet and see how I am then and if it carries on into my next packet I'm gonna go see him, because that deffinitely won't be normal! I read somewhere that estrogen is stored in fat and as you lose fat it releases it and can cause changes in your hormones. Don't know how rtue this is but if it is then at least its not just about atkins and maybe just general weight loss :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed hun :hug99:x x

my periods have been better on atkins. maybe tell your doctor you are on a low carb diet and dont nention the atkins word :D
hope it settles down soon

I agree with the advice above, it's probably hormonal and nothing serious but it's best to check with the doc.

Hope you feel better soon, Kerry.

hey hon. I had exactly the same problem when i started and was on the pill. I have read it on another forum too x If still bad go and see doc like everyone else says.
Ive got the coil now and still a bit all over the place but apparently thats usual

i agree with the rest off the girls go get checked out just to be sure
for me if anything mine seem to be more regular already and a lot less painfull :)

hope you feel lots better soon

hey hon. I had exactly the same problem when i started and was on the pill. I have read it on another forum too x If still bad go and see doc like everyone else says.
Ive got the coil now and still a bit all over the place but apparently thats usual

How long did yours last for? It's getting on my nerves now I wouldn't mind if it was just light spotting but its a full on period, pmt, cramps the lot!! lol..

Thanks for all advise! Lub you all!:grouphugg: :sign0168:

I've been having light bleeding for 6 weeks now... always get it when low carbing. Am on the depo injection & hadn't had any bleeding for 2 1/2 years! Have an appt with GP on monday so am going to mention it! x

yes or you will be getting told off off me lol x

;) lol

Back