Help!! I cant stop eating!!

pesty

Fighting the bulge
I am eating well and have not gone over my syns or HEXs. I am drinking over 2 litres of water a day, but i cant stop eating! Is this a bad thing?

I think maybe its because i am thinking about food all the time - what im going to eat for lunch/dinner, how many syns i have left. I just cant seem to stop! I eat until im full for dinner and after that im fine with a later snack of fruit but during the day sitting at my desk at work im constantly munching on something! I go for a walk every lunch time to occupy my mind and try to get a bit of exercise in.

I just wanted clarification as to whether this is normal or not. I dont want to over eat and lessen my weight loss but im drinking a glass of water when im hungry and am still hungry!

Yesterday for instance i ate -
13 glasses water (200ml)
1 large bowl fruit salad
2 raspberry muller light yoghurts
3 bananas (although i didnt realise id had this many!!)
1 Jacket Potato
1/2 can beans
28g cheese (1HEX A)
140g chicken (2 HEXB)
1 pack Batchelors Pasta 1/2 syn
130g grapes
5 x diet cokes

Looks alright to me! Like you said, your not going over your syns or eating anything you shouldnt be. Only thing I would say is maybe change 2 of them 3 banana's to an apple or something mate.

Looks fine! You don't look like you are eating vast quantities, could be worth adding a bit more veg too and I'd try and swap some of those diet cokes for more water though. There are some recent studies that show diet drinks can make us want more sugary things as our bodies can't tell the difference between real sugar and sweetener.

Keep on munching that free food :)

Doesn't look too bad to me.
However, what I like about SW so far is I know exactly what I am eating and do not have to think about food all the time.
In the past we could never decide what to have for dinner or for lunch at work, and would usually have the easiest/worst option. Now we are writing a full week meal plan of breakfast/lunch/dinner so we know what we are having when! We have also started to get our weekly food shopping delivered once a week, which saves so much time. Has made everything so much simpler!

What syns did you have Hun?? Although you meals look ok, on the scheme of it all you still arent eating enough. I agree that you need to drink more water as well as this will take the feeling of hunger away.
I used to obsess over food as well to the point of dreaming about what I would have for my meals the following day and even after finishing breakfast, talking about what I would have for my lunch!
You just need to find something else to occupy your time and definitely make sure that you keep a diary, so that you dont have to think about your next meal, you already know what you are going to have, as you have already planned it.

Looks fine! You don't look like you are eating vast quantities, could be worth adding a bit more veg too and I'd try and swap some of those diet cokes for more water though. There are some recent studies that show diet drinks can make us want more sugary things as our bodies can't tell the difference between real sugar and sweetener.

Keep on munching that free food :)

Thanks for the comment. I dont normally drink so much diet coke, I had a work do last night and had diet coke all night instead of alcohol :) if i had my way it would have been diet lemonade but no bar seems to sell it!?! I had a green day because of my quiz night! I filled up to avoid the buffet :)

My red day (the day before) consisted of ...

2 Bananas
Porridge (1 HEX B)
ss milk (1HEX A)
11 glasses water (200ml)
1 cherry muller light
1 chicken breast
lettuce
190g new potatoes (HEX B)
2tbsp Salad cream (5 syns)
Pork Chop (fat removed)
42g Reduced fat cheese (1 HEX A)
1/2 a cauliflower!!! lol
3 ryvita original (3syns)
60g philadephia light (4syns)
Smoked Salmon

Is this ok for a red day?

I could be completly wrong here, as a newbie, but it looks like your main meals need to contain more, can't see any veg in there. Maybe your not filling up enough at meal times so you want to constantly snack, although your only having fruit. I also think 13 glasses of water is plenty, I wouldn't be able to get off the loo!

What syns did you have Hun?? Although you meals look ok, on the scheme of it all you still arent eating enough. I agree that you need to drink more water as well as this will take the feeling of hunger away.
I used to obsess over food as well to the point of dreaming about what I would have for my meals the following day and even after finishing breakfast, talking about what I would have for my lunch!
You just need to find something else to occupy your time and definitely make sure that you keep a diary, so that you dont have to think about your next meal, you already know what you are going to have, as you have already planned it.

I keep a diary of what im eating as im eating it in a book that i carry everywhere with me, that way i can see what syns HEXs i have had and what i can have for the rest of the day. I like to be spontanious with my choices so have never tried writing a weeks menu out - i will have to try it! I just have lots of recipes printed for each day and decide which i fancy as to what day im on. It also depends what im doing that evening!

Thanks for your comment, i'll bare this in mind. Although i think if i drink any more water my bladders going to pop lol

For your green day dont forget that you can have 2 Healthy A choices.

Also you do need to treat yourself to between 5 and 15 syns to say that you are doing the plan correctly ! :)

May sound crazy....but I find that nuts ie, cashews, almonds (obviously plain) are great for hunger control and for cravings as are a good source of protein, if you feel that your always hungry and they are HExtras's on green days too. Also, activia yohurts, and fuller for longer yogs help me too. But your food intake seems fine. Well done on drinking so much water though.....thats what I'm trying to work on ;)

xx :)

Back