Help - I cheated

I need some advice. I am on day two and was fine until this afternoon when something took over my will power and I had 2 biscuits and some figs - why why///

I now feel very low and disappointed at myself.:sigh:

This is very easy to happen and the best advice is to move forward...you might be tempted to nibble again but it really is best not to as you are only delaying getting into ketosis and once there the diet will become much easier.

You are doing well to get this far.

Love Mini xxx

It happens as everyone is different and especially if he had been cutting down on the carbs before starting.

Any time anything unfortunate happens, you have to just do as Mini suggests, move forward, but remember how you felt after you had "cheated" and remember it well - it will serve you for when you feel like cheating again.

Whats done is done, so draw a line under it, and remember that you can start again from now, right this second! and not wait until tomorrow (I lose count of the number of times I've heard my Mum say at 6pm "oh I've had a biscuit now, oh well, I'll start being good again tomorrow....")

A blip is a blip, but it's only a blip, and doesn't have to ruin an entire day :)

Best of luck for tomorrow!

PS: Ketosis after 2 days isn't uncommon, I reckon I was pretty much right in it by mid-day 3, as Mini says if your OH has been cutting down carbs then that'll have made it quicker too, though everyone is different. You'll be there too, soon enough :)

That's the right attitude Sarah, keep going it'll be soooo worth it when you see the fantastic results!!
xx

hi sarah, I for 1 have fallen off the wagon an few times and the best thing i find to do is the next day, pick yourself up and start again.. dont dwell on it too much..

good luck

Back